Queen Elizabeth's successor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:07:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Queen Elizabeth's successor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will succeed her to the throne?
Prince Charles
Prince William
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth's successor  (Read 9459 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: May 20, 2018, 05:34:43 PM »

It'll be Charles whenever Elizabeth dies.

However his reign isn't going to be pretty, considering how the end of the "Elizabethan Age" will coincide with the end of Britain as a major power. Charles is going to be a historical poster boy for Britain's descent into (comparative) irrelevancy.

Not to mention how many commonwealth countries are going to become republics once he is on the throne (Australia, New Zealand, probably quite a few in the caribbean, etc.)

LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 07:58:01 PM »

1.  Is Charles likely to take the regal name George VII as king in homage to his grandfather?

2.  I hope QE can live to her Oak (80th) Jubilee in 2032.  She'd be 106 years old, Charles would be 84 and William 50.

That's a big ask.

I think she'll live to see her 70 year Jubilee in 2022, but probably not much longer.

Then Charles will be King for 5-10 years (probably abdicate by the time he gets to his late 80s) and then William
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 02:02:31 PM »

I think she'll live to see her 70 year Jubilee in 2022, but probably not much longer.

The Queen Mother didn't have to start using a cane 'til 94 & she still made it to 101 on a daily diet of gin & cigarettes; HM, with a dedicated medical team on call, only just had to begin using a cane at 95, so she may yet beat her mom's longevity.

Perhaps, but I imagine Elizabeth is in a more stressful position than her mother was (Philip's death, Andrew's crimes, the ongoing saga with Harry and Meghan, the political comedy of errors). She certainly seems quite tired in the photos of the Jubilee. I wouldn't count on her making it to 100.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 06:22:09 PM »

I met a history teacher who once said  “Aye a penny pinching miserable excuse of a man was Henry Tudor - and I’m Welsh!”

He referred to the man commonly known as Henry VII, but as with most devout Ricardians he only named him Henry Tudor.

those people still exist?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies