Queen Elizabeth's successor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:23:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Queen Elizabeth's successor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will succeed her to the throne?
Prince Charles
Prince William
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth's successor  (Read 9485 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 20, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »

I predict the Queen will live another five to ten years and be succeeded by Charles, who will reign for less than ten years before passing it to William.

I hope she lives long enough to see Harry and Meagan's children, and the 70th anniversary of her coronation. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 11:29:25 PM »

Her health has visibly deteriorated rapidly since she lost her husband of seven decades last year.* She has lost a lot of weight, her colour isn't good and she can't manage public events longer than about an hour or so, even sitting down. It isn't entirely clear what the issue (or issues) are because The Palace is notoriously opaque about the health of senior Royals (last year they were insisting that Philip was fine, really, when it was extremely obvious that he was dying), but she's not a well old lady and people need to be realistic.

*This is a really common thing to happen, of course.

You think this is (maybe) her last year among the living? 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 07:23:21 PM »

That's confirmed. William has become Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge. Cornwall was one of his father's titles that was deactivated when he became King.

The title of Duke of Cornwall passes immediately to the monarch's eldest living son. The title of Prince of Wales is bestowed at the discretion of the monarch, not automatically. We can expect William to be made Prince of Wales probably after the mourning period and Charles' coronation to give him his moment in the spotlight.

I fully expect Prince Harry and Meaghan Markle to lose their last remaining royal title (Duke and Duchess of Sussex, respectively) in short order, assuming they don't give it up themselves. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 05:20:50 PM »

Also made a point of mentioning his younger son and her spouse.

He isn't likely to disown them however much many in our media desire it.

Still worth pointing out he only mentioned them (minus their royal title) as 'Harry and Meaghan', not 'Prince Harry and Princess Meaghan'.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 11:35:05 AM »

Why is there a 'Prince and Princess of Wales' royal title (and designated heir to the throne), but not an equivalent for Scotland?  I know 'Prince and Princess of Scotland' sounds strange at first, but I am sure it that novelty will wear off over time. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies