Jim Gray or Amy McGrath
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:16:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim Gray or Amy McGrath
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Jim Gray or Amy McGrath  (Read 6828 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:27 AM »

Gray is well known in KY-06 and carried it in 2016 and has the support of most of the establishment there, but we’ve seen how strong women have run in open seats lately. Seems similar to NE-02 except McGrath is a much stronger candidate than Eastman.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:21:54 AM »

Amy McGrath will win. She has a great story and seems like a good candidate
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »

From what I've heard McGrath is actually stronger here.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »

This is another one where at first I was initially convinced that Gray needed to win the primary to make the general competitive but was convinced by others that McGrath could also perform well.

It's important to note that this race really isn't liberal v. moderate as NE-02 was. It's more outsider v. establishment with Gray being the establishment choice and McGrath the outsider.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 11:38:40 AM »

I’d honestly be fine with either of them. Both are great.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 12:57:05 PM »

This, but if I lived in the district, I’d vote for McGrath.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 01:00:53 PM »

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 01:10:42 PM »

Ohioguy29

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 01:17:59 PM »

I feel like either one could end up winning the primary, but at this point I lean towards McGrath pulling it off. Seems like women are doing well in primaries and she's a good candidate on her own merits as well.

I like them both but would ultimately vote for Jim Gray, largely because McGrath started acting all indignant when someone else entered the primary as if she had the right to run unopposed, acting like maybe she'd run as an independent if she lost (which luckily she backtracked on), etc. Gray isn't entitled to the nomination but neither are you.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »

I feel like either one could end up winning the primary, but at this point I lean towards McGrath pulling it off. Seems like women are doing well in primaries and she's a good candidate on her own merits as well.

I like them both but would ultimately vote for Jim Gray, largely because McGrath started acting all indignant when someone else entered the primary as if she had the right to run unopposed, acting like maybe she'd run as an independent if she lost (which luckily she backtracked on), etc. Gray isn't entitled to the nomination but neither are you.

Yeah that made me a bit ambivalent about McGrath. Still, either would make a fine candidate and Congressperson
Ohioguy29

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 01:34:40 PM »

Yeah that made me a bit ambivalent about McGrath. Still, either would make a fine candidate and Congressperson

I also just like Jim Gray a lot! Wish they were running in different districts so I could support them both.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 02:09:06 PM »

So who is arguably stronger in November and why?
Ohioguy29

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »

So who is arguably stronger in November and why?

I'd argue Jim Gray. He's a popular mayor and he won this district when he ran for Senate in 2016. McGrath may have the national hype but that doesn't necessarily win elections. She's still definitely an above average candidate though; I'd kill to have someone like her running in OH-16.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »

I know a lot of people deep in the heart of Kentucky politics. Apparently, McGrath isn’t nearly as charismatic as gray.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 06:25:15 PM »

I'm in the 6th District and I'll probably vote for McGrath. The reason McGrath acted indignant is because Gray had been looking at running for a third term as Lexington Mayor, then was convinced by John Yarmuth to run against McGrath because the federal party was worried about her while the state party wasn't. Caused some bad blood that's been rising to the surface this past week as the primary has been getting sour for the first time (in public). I personally think both McGrath and Gray are good, but McGrath has run a better campaign, in my opinion.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 06:50:03 PM »

The reason McGrath acted indignant is because Gray had been looking at running for a third term as Lexington Mayor, then was convinced by John Yarmuth to run against McGrath because the federal party was worried about her while the state party wasn't.

Yeah, so? Jim Gray has just as much a right to run in this primary as she does. That's not a good reason.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »

The reason McGrath acted indignant is because Gray had been looking at running for a third term as Lexington Mayor, then was convinced by John Yarmuth to run against McGrath because the federal party was worried about her while the state party wasn't.

Yeah, so? Jim Gray has just as much a right to run in this primary as she does. That's not a good reason.

I agree, I'm just explaining what happened. I'm fine with both candidates.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 06:55:20 PM »

I support Gray, but McGrath is fine too.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »

I'm in the 6th District and I'll probably vote for McGrath. The reason McGrath acted indignant is because Gray had been looking at running for a third term as Lexington Mayor, then was convinced by John Yarmuth to run against McGrath because the federal party was worried about her while the state party wasn't. Caused some bad blood that's been rising to the surface this past week as the primary has been getting sour for the first time (in public). I personally think both McGrath and Gray are good, but McGrath has run a better campaign, in my opinion.
but isnt gray favored in the ge?
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »

That's been heavily debated, but it is worth noting that Gray won the 6th by four points during his Senate run while Hillary lost it by something like 12 points. Both Gray and McGrath would make it competitive, I think.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 08:22:59 PM »

McGrath represents what I hate in the Democratic Party and Gray has actually won the district before, so...
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »

McGrath represents what I hate in the Democratic Party

Like?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 03:16:13 PM »

That's been heavily debated, but it is worth noting that Gray won the 6th by four points during his Senate run while Hillary lost it by something like 12 points. Both Gray and McGrath would make it competitive, I think.
also, mcgrath internal had him up 1 while she was down 4
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 04:35:46 PM »

also, mcgrath internal had him up 1 while she was down 4

That's mostly because of name recognition. Jim Gray has name recognition from his previous run.

Amy McGrath will make a better impression on voters when people learn who she is. Her introductory video was amazing, and she is a practical and reasonable person. Far from a firebrand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies