NK suspends talks with SK; threatens to cancel Trump meeting.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:25:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NK suspends talks with SK; threatens to cancel Trump meeting.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NK suspends talks with SK; threatens to cancel Trump meeting.  (Read 2531 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 05:34:23 PM »

In my opinion, Trump's best hope for a lasting legacy would be from successfully securing some kind of peace on the Korean peninsula. Without that, what can Trump hang his presidential hat on?

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 05:38:25 PM »

In my opinion, Trump's best hope for a lasting legacy would be from successfully securing some kind of peace on the Korean peninsula. Without that, what can Trump hang his presidential hat on?
You mean aside from tax reform, lowest illegal entry into the United States in memory, ISIS on the run, and the booming economy?

The only thing Trump can take credit for is the tax bill, the rest can and will be attributed to his predecessor.

Rising approval ratings are quite the accomplishment /s

Thats a pretty sad list all things considered.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »

LOL. It's like they knew they needed more than three bullet points to satisfy their moron viewers, and just started listing random things off the top of their head.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »

You mean aside from tax reform, lowest illegal entry into the United States in memory, ISIS on the run, and the booming economy?

The only thing Trump can take credit for is the tax bill, the rest can and will be attributed to his predecessor.

Rising approval ratings are quite the accomplishment /s

Thats a pretty sad list all things considered.

Generic Republican would have signed that tax bill.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »

LOL. It's like they knew they needed more than three bullet points to satisfy their moron viewers, and just started listing random things off the top of their head.

I'm surprised they didn't just write Gorsuch somewhere there

Only under a mental midget like Trump could appointing someone to SCOTUS be seen as a big deal worthy of repeating ad naseum
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 06:15:37 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't just write Gorsuch somewhere there

Only under a mental midget like Trump could appointing someone to SCOTUS be seen as a big deal worthy of repeating ad naseum

While 1 nomination on its own might not be an accomplishment, Trump has gotten a total of 39 Article III judges confirmed so far, which is more than the 26 Article III judges that Obama had gotten confirmed at this point in his first term.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »

Oh, some people are.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2018, 06:21:25 PM »

There is nothing good (long-term) about the tax bill. The tax bill will add approximately 1.5 Trillion over 10 years to the national debt, due to a reduction of revenue going into to the federal government.
And mainly at the expense of giving businesses and individuals in higher brackets most of the benefits.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »

It's hilarious.
I just cant seem to wrap-my-head-around this kind of nonsense, and believe that anyone watching Fox would take it/them seriously.
You got to be some kind of severe cultist (or brain-dead zombie) to look at that list and say "what a great list of accomplishments."
Good God!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »

Wow that is shameless.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2018, 07:36:12 PM »

The only people worse at negotiations than the Trumps are the Kims. I'd figure they'd at least try to get some concessions before chickening out.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »

This is what happens when we put the fate of peace in the hands of two incompetent narcissists.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »

NK announced it will not attended the summit if the U.S. demands they give up their nukes per AP
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 09:42:47 PM »

NK announced it will not attended the summit if the U.S. demands they give up their nukes per AP

lmao, can't say we didn't see this coming.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2018, 09:46:06 PM »

Yeah, Kim's too power-hungry (and insane) for this to work. Kinda expected this, but disappointing nevertheless.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 09:46:37 PM »

But.. muh Nobel Peace Prize
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 11:05:07 PM »

lmao, can't say we didn't see this coming.

Well, what on Earth did Kim Jung-Un think we wanted to discuss ?!
Negotiating the construction of numerous McDonalds restaurants in NK?
This sounds like some big hoax (set-up) by Kim (and possibly even the other Clown ... you know the orange one.)
To be continued, and hopefully something can still be salvaged from this "mix-up."
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 11:31:32 PM »

Who didn't expect the North Koreans to throw in as many bumps in the road as possible?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 12:39:50 AM »

We did this every year under Obama, who was too weak to get as far as we have so far regardless. The Norks are just demonstrating that they're willing to walk away, just as Trump has said he would do at his most recent rally. This is just a game of diplomatic chicken.

This. Everyone here is overreacting.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 12:47:40 AM »

Who didn't expect the North Koreans to throw in as many bumps in the road as possible?

If Trump wasn't a moron maybe he would have had a chance to finish them, but nope, need to shoot the guns and have military exercises at this time because of tiny penis syndrome!
We did this every year under Obama, who was too weak to get as far as we have so far regardless. The Norks are just demonstrating that they're willing to walk away, just as Trump has said he would do at his most recent rally. This is just a game of diplomatic chicken.

This post is as accurate as Sanchez's "Blankenship surge" post

(Spoiler alert: that post was over 15 points wrong)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 12:50:53 AM »

Delusional Donnie got played by a 33-year-old madboy. Sad!

"I'm like, really smart!"
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 01:29:42 AM »

I suspect they meant that they won't agree to giving up their nukes in exchange for a summit.  This looks like propaganda posturing on their part and/or ensuring Trump or some other idiot won't be able to legitimately claim the NK are welshing on a deal by not committing themselves to denuclearize during the summit.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2018, 01:31:41 AM »

They're now saying they will give up all their nukes...

if we give up all of ours lmaooooooo
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 01:34:49 AM »

I never trusted them, so not a huge surprise. Though it's questionable whether than military maneuver should not be cancelled or delayed.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 01:36:06 AM »

This was why they are threatening to cancel the summit? Military exercises?

And here I thought it was something completely new from the way everyone jumped on top of it.

The red libs jump on anything anti-Trump because he represents a threat to their left-wing, ill-advised diversification and globalism agenda.

They are, to quote the President "Absolute scum".
As your financial advisor, I suggest you rethink that phrase

I don't think a lot of posters here know much about portfolio theory, so some might not get your joke. Spread the word! Smiley

Indeed Modern Portflio Theory has not been disproven

What about Mutual (fund) Assured Diversification?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies