MO-SEN Missouri Scout: McCaskill +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:37:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-SEN Missouri Scout: McCaskill +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: MO-SEN Missouri Scout: McCaskill +4  (Read 5116 times)
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:27:13 PM »
« edited: May 13, 2018, 06:38:22 PM by TheRocketRaccoon »

McCaskill 48
Hawley 44

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 06:36:04 PM »

McCaskill may be the luckiest woman in Washington. First there was Todd Akin, now being up in a Republican President midterm plus MO GOP problems. Kind of reminds me of Ohio in 2006, Bush and Taft.

McCaskill is vulnerable by definition, but some Senators are just good at surviving close calls. Hell, Mitch McConnell is one if you look at his electoral history.

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:41:12 PM »

Why are people calling McCaskill lucky for Akin? I guess she is lucky that he ran, but McCaskill also personally picked him out to be her opponent. That's a lot more skill than luck to me. She spent millions to make Akin her opponent through a clever ad strategy. That's more than luck. She is one of the strongest campaigners there is.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »

This will pass once Greitens gets impeached
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 06:44:31 PM »

Except impeachment doesn't get him out of office, and I don't think he'll be convicted.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 06:45:46 PM »

Thank you, Erotic Eric Smiley
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 06:46:46 PM »

Republicans have a large enough margin in the State House, that I doubt there would be enough Republican votes to impeach a Republican governor in any circumstance.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »

Why are people calling McCaskill lucky for Akin? I guess she is lucky that he ran, but McCaskill also personally picked him out to be her opponent. That's a lot more skill than luck to me. She spent millions to make Akin her opponent through a clever ad strategy. That's more than luck. She is one of the strongest campaigners there is.

I think she is both good and lucky, in all honesty. It did take luck for her to get Akin, even with the brilliant strategy to pick him out. Let's not forget he led in zero polls in the Missouri GOP primary.

Not only that, but McCaskill trailed in every single poll against Akin from March until the "legitimate rape" comments. She needed the luck of Akin making an absolutely horrific gaffe to pull it off.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »

I think she is both good and lucky, in all honesty. It did take luck for her to get Akin, even with the brilliant strategy to pick him out. Let's not forget he led in zero polls in the Missouri GOP primary.

Not only that, but McCaskill trailed in every single poll against Akin from March until the "legitimate rape" comments. She needed the luck of Akin making an absolutely horrific gaffe to pull it off.

I doubt that there was a 15% shift in the margins of the race just because of that gaffe.
Without that gaffe, McCaskill probably wins by about 5 points.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »

Serious question - how long will that actually take?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »

How can people rate this race Lean R or that McCaskill's doomed while insisting that polls with similar numbers in Florida "prove" that it's a Toss-Up? McCaskill might still lose, and her poll numbers could go down, but I wouldn't be predicting this race with any kind of confidence at this point. I think it's perhaps the closest Toss-Up in the Senate right now.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 06:56:12 PM »

If I could shake Eric's hand (I don't know where they've been) punch Eric's face and get away with it I certainly would do it. Tongue

But quick question: Has anyone been following the state auditor race closely and if so, was there any polling before this? It wouldn't surprise me if this mess is affecting Republicans downballot as well.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »

Republicans have a large enough margin in the State House, that I doubt there would be enough Republican votes to impeach a Republican governor in any circumstance.

Do you actually follow this scandal. Greitens never had a good relationship with his legislature to begin with, they like the lt. Gov. Not that long ago a statement of support for his accusers was supported nigh unanimously by the chamber. MO Rs recognize that Greitens being a stick in the mid is their downfall, so are moving as fast as possible to throw him under the bus.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 07:07:33 PM »

If I could shake Eric's hand (I don't know where they've been) punch Eric's face and get away with it I certainly would do it. Tongue

But quick question: Has anyone been following the state auditor race closely and if so, was there any polling before this? It wouldn't surprise me if this mess is affecting Republicans downballot as well.

Was originally low name Id so people went traditional dem Vs gop.

Now in about 34 days the race will get closer attention.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »

This race is a tossup, but McCaskill has the edge.

LimoLOLbral: OMG, McCaskill is done, she's only ahead by 4 and will be down 8 on Election Day
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »

Is this the same poll as a month ago or is it a different poll with the same result?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 07:24:58 PM »

Yeah, after Nixon left, 1974 turned out great for the Republicans.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »

Is this the same poll as a month ago or is it a different poll with the same result?

No, it was done May 9-10.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »

But what does Limo’s mind model say
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »

Unless we start getting like McCaskill +10 polls, my rating for this race will stay at Lean R through the summer. I'm still feeling that this race will be GA 2014 - Nunn/McCaskill has a notable lead for a while, but loses it by the end of the campaign.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »

Unless we start getting like McCaskill +10 polls, my rating for this race will stay at Lean R through the summer. I'm still feeling that this race will be GA 2014 - Nunn/McCaskill has a notable lead for a while, but loses it by the end of the campaign.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »

inb4 Atlas says this is Lean R

Some way.. some how.. I will get McCaskill's actual birth time.. and after that I can make a rating on this race.

Toss up/tilt r for now. State is very very Republican at this point.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »

So even though polls are everything for other races (like Florida), polls don't count in Missouri because it *reminds* you of a race from a completely different state with completely different fundamentals? What's the parallel here? Nunn did not "have a notable lead for a while". Polls were all over the place early on, with the average being a modest Perdue lead. Then she moved *slightly* ahead in October. Several polls this year have all shown anything from Hawley up by 1 to McCaskill up by 4.

Are you sure it's not, dare I say, bias, that's preventing you from rating this a Toss-Up?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 08:14:16 PM »

So even though polls are everything for other races (like Florida), polls don't count in Missouri because it *reminds* you of a race from a completely different state with completely different fundamentals? What's the parallel here? Nunn did not "have a notable lead for a while". Polls were all over the place early on, with the average being a modest Perdue lead. Then she moved *slightly* ahead in October. Several polls this year have all shown anything from Hawley up by 1 to McCaskill up by 4.

Are you sure it's not, dare I say, bias, that's preventing you from rating this a Toss-Up?

Atlas enjoys drawing parallels between unrelated races. E.g.: PA18 and GA06
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 08:15:16 PM »

Remember when the dumbs on this forum said she’d get Blanched for telling men to shut up or something?

Anyway great news — it’s imperative that Erotic Eric and his escapades stay on the minds of voters. He must stay in office.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies