NRA Convention suggestion thread..
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NRA Convention suggestion thread..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NRA Convention suggestion thread..  (Read 1175 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2005, 09:13:14 AM »

Meant to start this one too, along with the CUP thread.

I'll take a few days here to record all choices that you want to make and then we'll have a vote.  I expect the convention to start first week of October.

My choice for the holding of this convention is:

Dallas, TX
WiseGuy

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 09:35:10 AM »

My choice for the holding of this convention is:

Dallas, TX

I second that suggestion.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 09:54:42 AM »

Sounds good to me. 
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 10:12:08 AM »

That choice is fine by me as well.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 12:13:45 PM »

No problem here.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 12:14:48 PM »

No objection from me.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 01:03:41 PM »

I'm cool with it - as long as it's not at the same time as the ACA convention. I don't want to make several harrowing multi-hour flights between Dallas and Anchorage to attend both Tongue.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »

I hate having to go to the South for all these conventions. I suggest:

Denver, Colorado
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 05:12:54 PM »

Dallas, Texas is fine with me
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 06:03:32 PM »

Me too.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2005, 06:40:21 PM »

I'm not a member, but if you want a guns friendly city, how about Detroit? Tongue

Seriously, I'd suggest St. Louis, Missouri
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 08:07:37 PM »

I'd like to join the NRA. Can I do that here and do I need anything else other than a declaration?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

I believe you can just say it here.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 08:10:53 PM »

I suppose I should join as well, since I find myself agreeing with the NRA's platform.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 08:32:21 PM »

I'm pretty sure I'm a member a least I somewhat remember joining.

If not I want to join

we should hold the convention in Detroit
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 08:33:44 PM »

I like Dallas.

And 9iron, don't go into the whole "WAYNE COUNTY" thing on this thread too, please.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 08:46:44 PM »

we should hold the convention in Detroit
Dear God.  Not this again.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 08:49:13 PM »

how about Houston?

1 month in the city:    

August 2001

August 1, 2001

Keith Warren Hines, 22, and an unidentified man and woman forced their way into an apartment during an apparent robbery attempt. Alvin Allen, 24, who was in the apartment, shot at the intruders with a .357 Magnum pistol. Hines was fatally wounded, and the two other suspects fled.

August 3, 2001

Bobby R. Johnson,Jr. was shot by an unidentified man after he confronted him about the way he was treating his girlfriend. The quarrel escalated until the assailant walked back to his vehicle and drew a pistol, which he fired at Johnson, striking him once.

Gregory Thomas Dalton, 37, and Melynda Monty Hice, 34, were found shot in the head with a revolver nearby. A 16-year old babysitter told police she had seen Dalton in Hice’s bedroom and was told by him to take Hice’s 10-year old son and leave. Hice, whose husband and daughter were out of town, had gone out the previous evening.

August 5, 2001

Santos Velasquez, 28, was shot and killed by a purse-snatcher as he and his wife returned from their infant’s funeral. Velasquez caught the fleeing thief, who shot him in the chest before continuing his flight.

August 6, 2001

Police are investigating the shooting at a northeast Houston fire station that left two men wounded and damaged equipment. An unidentified man with a gunshot wound in his abdomen walked up to the station. When firefighters tried to help him, a man drove up and opened fire. Two men who appeared to have been with the wounded man arrived and argued with the man in the car. The firefighters ran inside and one man followed them, another ran to the back of the station and the third was hit on the arm inside the station. One bullet flattened a tire on an ambulance and another landed on a rack filled with oxygen tanks.

August 7, 2001

Four masked gunmen fired about eight shots while robbing a west Houston bank branch. All four came into the bank shooting. Two jumped over the counter and took the money. Customers and employees were ordered to the floor but were not injured. They then fled.

August 9, 2001

The bodies of two men shot to death at a southeast Houston bar were evidently dragged into the parking lot before employees locked up and went home. When police arrived later, they found the bodies in the parking lot and the club closed and locked. Jose Martin Balderas, 37, the bar owner,has been charged in the murder of Abraham Torres Arceo, 19, and Damian Garza Benavides, 23. As Balderas began closing the bar, he got into an argument with the two men and shot them. He then locked the bar and fled. Police are searching for him.

A man, 30, was in surgery after he was wounded in a drive-by shooting in the parking lot of a southwest Houston grocery store. The unidentified man, shot in the abdomen, was listed in fair condition at the hospital.

Police have identified four men wounded in an apparent drug related shoot-out in northeast Houston. Most seriously wounded was Melvis Johnon, 23, shot twice in the back and three times in the abdomen. The others are Warner Alberto Thomas, 25, shot in the leg, and Guillermo Zermendo, 32,and Rafael Villareal, 22, both shot in the thigh. They are expected to recover.

August 10, 2001

An unidentified man was shot numerous times and killed at a southeast Houston barbershop. Witnesses told investigators that the man and two others arrived at the location together. The victim and one of the other men got into an argument and had to be separated by others. The victim went into the shop, and the other man left in his car. Later, the other man returned, pulled a handgun, and shot the victim. He was dead at the scene.

August 11, 2001

Francisco Vasquez, 28, was killed after he was robbed in the parking lot of his apartment complex. He was drinking with his cousin when they were approached by four young men who demanded money. As the suspects fled, one of them fatally shot Vasquez.

Lacey Davis, 23, was shot and killed during an argument about a gun. Charged with murder was Travis Everett Lamb, 25. Davis believed Lamb had stolen a gun from him. He beat Lamb in a fistfight and Lamb drove away. He returned later and shot Davis at close range. Davis had a gun, but it did not function. Lamb remains at large.

August 13, 2001

Antonio Balderas Cuevas, 29, was found shot to death by a motorist. His body had been tossed from a car and dragged for 35 to 40 feet.

August 15, 2001

An unidentified 29 year-old man was shot and wounded after he allegedly attempted to wrestle a gun from a sheriff’s deputy. Deputies answering a call

to a motel were told a "drug crazed male" had attempted to break into the front office, then left. The man’s vehicle was later found at a home where deputies were dispatched to check on a reported drug overdose. The man allegedly confronted a deputy and attempted to disarm him during a struggle. The deputy fired one shot, striking the suspect in the arm. His condition was stable at the hospital.

August 19, 2001

Angel M. Prieto, 43, was found with a massive head wound in the parking lot of his apartment . He died at the hospital where it was determined the wound was caused by a gunshot. Police are investigating.

August 24, 2001

David Hui, 36, and Kam Lai, 34 were robbed of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of diamonds and jewelry by four armed men outside a southwest Houston motel. They forced the men to the ground and stole their luggage, then fled in the victim’s car. As they were leaving, they ran over Hui, who underwent surgery for a broken leg.

Howard Eugene King, 27, fatally shot and killed himself after holding his estranged wife and 1 year- old son hostage for 45 minutes. Police arrived and persuaded him to let them go, but were unsuccessful when they tried to get him to surrender. King shot himself as police looked on.

August 25, 2001

An unidentified man was shot from behind and killed while waiting in line to buy tacos. He was approached by someone who shot him and fled. Police said they did not know the motive.

August 27,2001

Paul Gregory Ramirez, 46 was shot in the left arm and hip by an off-duty Houston Police officer and was hospitalized. He walked into a southeast Houston bank and loudly announced a robbery. The officer opened fire as soon as he heard demands and threats being made. The officer had a clear shot at the suspect and wasn’t going to wait to see if there was going to be a weapon pulled. A butcher knife with a seven-inch blade was found in Ramirez’s possession as he was being taken to the hospital. He robbed another bank two weeks ago.

August 29, 2001

Lourdez Antunes, 38, was fatally shot during a home invasion. Two men knocked on the door and rushed inside. Antunes and her husband were bound and forced to the floor. One of the intruders shot her and took her purse. Police are investigating.

August 31, 2001

Marcos Gutierrez, 26, was shot to death as he was driving a friend home from a nightclub. Gunshots were fired into the driver’s side of the car. He was struck several times, and the car hit a tree. The passenger escaped injury.

Jean Carlo Lucio, 17, and Jimmy Garcia, 21, were in critical condition after being shot multiple times along a road in northeast Houston.

Sure, most of it's crime-related, but...it is the views of people like you, who want guns in every house and business, that killed Arceo, Benavides and Hice, and others on this list.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 09:14:25 PM »

I would like to join, too.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 09:45:56 PM »

9iron, you're already a member.  Smiley

Q and Everett, I wish to welcome you personally to the NRA.  Wink
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2005, 06:41:33 AM »

I hate having to go to the South for all these conventions. I suggest:

Denver, Colorado

Hey, if you return to the ACA, you can fly to Anchorage Cheesy.
WiseGuy

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2005, 07:10:48 AM »

The button in Ebowed',s signature reminded me of something, we don't have an offical logo.  Can we vote to adopt one at the next convention?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 04:35:33 PM »

I'd like to join the NRA. Can I do that here and do I need anything else other than a declaration?

Missed one, sorry.  Consider yourself a member, Brandon H.  Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 04:36:43 PM »

The button in Ebowed',s signature reminded me of something, we don't have an offical logo.  Can we vote to adopt one at the next convention?

King made this logo for me when I created the organization, but if y'all want to change to something else, feel free to voice your concerns, opinions at the convention and we'll have a vote.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2005, 04:37:28 PM »

The suggestions for the convention are:

Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
St. Louis, MO
Detroit, MI

Voting Booth will be started in a couple of minutes.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies