Farewell, My Friends
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:45:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Farewell, My Friends
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Farewell, My Friends  (Read 448 times)
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2005, 07:58:57 PM »

My Friends:

Nearly five months and seven hundred posts since my very first post on this forum, it is with great sadness that I leave it.

While I know of my own innocence, my reputation is shattered.  I do not blame anyone for this but myself.  I should have taken action to prevent this from happening.  My accounts were so vulnerable, and easy to be hacked.  It is my fault.  I apologize to Atlasia.

I hold no grudge against anyone involved in the investigation, as I understand they were only trying to get honest answers, and the answers I gave them were not deemed satisfactory.

I hold no regrets about entering this excellent forum.  I have met many people, which whom I hope to continue friendships.  I have had a bunch of fun.  And, I have gotten some good real world experience.

I would like to thank each and every one of you for making my Atlasian experience great/  If it were not for recent events, I would have not been making this speech right now, and would have likely remained here for years to come.

I wish the best of luck to this forum and it's members, each and every one of you.  I will not pretend that I am not saddened by this.  I would have much preferred to leave Atlasia with at least my reputation.  However, it appears that I am leaving that behind too.

I would endorse many candidates right now, but I am worried that with my recent levels of unpopularity, it would only hurt their campaigns.

And so, my friends, goodbye.  God Bless. Smiley

Ben
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:00:32 PM »

Don't leave!!!

It wasn't your fault.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 08:01:19 PM »

This is rather sudden.  What happened?   
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 08:01:53 PM »

Ben, I urge you to stay.  Leaving would only be the easy way out.

Whose fault was it?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 08:05:45 PM »

Come now, Ben, this is no big deal. Guilty or not, its no need for just walking off. When I got accused of double (or was it triple accounts?) just a few hundred posts into my career here, I was thinking about leaving. But I decided to stay and defend my honor and prove my innocence. Just think about how much I would have missed out on had I just left. Dont leave, Benny. You still didnt get to be my SoFA! Smiley
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 08:05:52 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2005, 08:07:24 PM by Frodo »

Can someone please shed light for those like myself who have no idea what just happened that made Ben Meyers leave this forum?
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 08:13:54 PM »

Please stay!!! Cry

Sad Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad
Sad Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 08:14:24 PM »

Can someone please shed light for those like myself who have no idea what just happened that made Ben Meyers leave this forum?
something with a double account (Remis Lupin), Peter Bell, and hacking crap. Here, read this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=28803.0
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 08:15:30 PM »

Read this thread the whole way through.

-------

Ben, don't leave.  If everybody left after a little controversy there'd be nobody left.  This kind of thing makes the game more fun.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 08:16:35 PM »

Read this thread the whole way through.

-------

Ben, don't leave.  If everybody left after a little controversy there'd be nobody left.  This kind of thing makes the game more fun.
it sure does. (Honestly) plus this time im a possible victim! Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 08:18:42 PM »

Ben, there's no need to leave now, there's still plenty of opportunity to repair your reputation, which IMO is not damaged by this in any significant way.

As someone who was implicated in a scandal on here in the past, let me say that even if worst comes to worst, if for some reason facts come out and you are completely unelectable, like I am, Atlasia is still a great place. It's not all about being popular or getting elected, and if some people have a grudge against you, that doesn't stop you from enjoying the game. And if Atlasia is too blood-thirsty a place for you, there's still the entire forum to enjoy!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 08:43:48 PM »

Ben, don't leave. I still have doubts about what happened, but I'm certainly not going to hold anything against you. There is really no reason to no longer participate in Atlasia simply because you're no longer free from controversy. As Joe said, must of us would be gone if we left after every little misunderstanding or disagreement.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2005, 09:22:57 PM by Frodo »

I read the thread.

Ben, I echo the pleas of the others in urging you not to leave this forum.  So what if you're somewhat controversial?  What politician -real-life or otherwise- isn't?  The most 'serious' offense which you have committed (and which can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, and which you yourself have admitted to) is that you have lied about your age, and perhaps changed your typing style and positions a little to better fit the region for which you have been running for.  That is little different from me changing my positions from when I was much further on the left than I am now, and when I almost never used the shift key when starting sentences.  These are hardly impeachable offenses, and are hardly justification enough for you to take such an extreme step. 
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 08:57:49 PM »

For what it's worth, Ben, I personally believe your side of the story, given that, having talked with you in the past, I simply don't see you as the type to do something stupid.  There was always a certain genuineness about your demeanor that, having thought through everything, I simply don't feel could have possibly been faked just to screw with everyone.  As for the little things such as your age or grade, given that they're entirely irrelevant to who you are, I honestly don't really care.

I don't sense that your reputation has been damaged in any substantial way, although that might just be my own personal take on it.

I'll welcome you back if you choose to return.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies