BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:28:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: BREAKING: You Know Who Pulls Out of Iran Nuclear Deal  (Read 15414 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2018, 10:11:10 PM »

Wow, big names agree with President Trump, including the great former Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs (2010-2012) Uri Rosenthal!

The only names on that list I were familiar with are Harper, Howard, Trimble, and West. Allen West is obviously a confirmed moron. Harper and Howard supported the Iraq War, so it's not much of a surprise that they like a foreign policy decision which was incepted by John Bolton's brain. Not sure about Trimble though. Did he support the Iraq War too?

The people who supported the Iraq War and signed this letter are assholes.

no, we just haven't forgotten 9/11

Why would I forget my favorite holiday?

They literally made it into a holiday.  It couldn't have been that bad.

not a holiday to celebrate, one to remember the people who were harmed or killed by those who hate our freedom.

When I think of holidays, I think Christmas.  Wikipedia says 9/11 is a holiday.  Therefore, you celebrate 9/11.

I don't understand how this is complicated for you, you insensitive bastard.

i'm not insensitive. you are for thinking that America shouldn't go to the ends of the Earth to avenge 9/11

When was the last time the United States celebrated the slaughter of the innocent?

are you saying the Americans who were murdered on 9/11 weren't innocent?
Seriously?

i'm stupid. dumb it down for me.

When was the last day that we celebrated a terrorist attack against us? We don't have a day off for Pearl Harbor, the burning of Washington, or the assassination of Lincoln, or Kennedy nor of the dissolution of the union.

We remember! Pearl Harbor Day is a thing I think. I remember I dated a girl whose birthday was December 7 and Shoney's always did a free pancake thing or something on that day.
So you want free pancakes on 9/11?
But more importantly, was anything with Pearl Harbor used as a cause of action in the year 1958?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:25 PM »

Wow, big names agree with President Trump, including the great former Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs (2010-2012) Uri Rosenthal!

The only names on that list I were familiar with are Harper, Howard, Trimble, and West. Allen West is obviously a confirmed moron. Harper and Howard supported the Iraq War, so it's not much of a surprise that they like a foreign policy decision which was incepted by John Bolton's brain. Not sure about Trimble though. Did he support the Iraq War too?

not a holiday to celebrate, one to remember the people who were harmed or killed by those who hate our freedom.

When I think of holidays, I think Christmas.  Wikipedia says 9/11 is a holiday.  Therefore, you celebrate 9/11.

i'm not insensitive. you are for thinking that America shouldn't go to the ends of the Earth to avenge 9/11

When was the last time the United States celebrated the slaughter of the innocent?

Seriously?

When was the last day that we celebrated a terrorist attack against us? We don't have a day off for Pearl Harbor, the burning of Washington, or the assassination of Lincoln, or Kennedy nor of the dissolution of the union.

We remember! Pearl Harbor Day is a thing I think. I remember I dated a girl whose birthday was December 7 and Shoney's always did a free pancake thing or something on that day.
But more importantly, was anything with Pearl Harbor used as a cause of action in the year 1958?

no i just mean i think its technically a holiday.

also it could have been if the enemy was a crafty 21st century enemy like we face today.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2018, 10:41:10 PM »

also it could have been if the enemy was a crafty 21st century enemy like we face today.

Enemies today are no more (or less) crafty than they were in the past.

We have done as much "avenging" of 9/11 as is morally possible. Those that we could find who were responsible have been dealt with. Continuing war (that has no proof of success in regards to "avenging," and actually seems to be encouraging more to fight against us, which is the opposite of our goal) at this point is a senseless waste of money and lives.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone in the world blind. While what happened on 9/11 was horrible, it should not be used to excuse pointless war against countries that have a religious majority who just happen to be the same religion (in name only) as terrorists. Not only have lives been ended and destroyed by our actions, but the trajectories of several countries have been completely changed, and not for the better. People will be affected by this war for generations.

9/11 is beyond avenged. Those who died that day have long been dead. Let them rest and stop pulling out their skeletons to scare people with. They deserve better than to be a prop for militants.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2018, 10:44:47 PM »

Seriously?

no i just mean i think its technically a holiday.

It was awful that 9/11 happened but nothing like that has happened again. I think it was a one off thing and the perpetrators were brought to justice. Yes, there have been kamikaze attacks and shootings in Europe but they are a lot closer and to be frank, we have had people kill just as many here for various reasons such as having too much money or being unable to find a woman.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2018, 12:07:12 AM »

Knock it off with the super-quoting.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2018, 12:21:37 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2018, 12:26:39 AM by PR »

Maybe we can ask our friends in Riyadh - even as they and Israel collude with the newly empowered  Bush II-era Axis of Evil to start yet another war, invade yet another Middle Eastern country, and topple another sovereign state’s government  - if they know anything relevant regarding 9/11.  Roll Eyes

Maybe we can ask our friends in Tel Aviv about their illegal possession of nuclear weapons and their decades of lying about it.

Hey, if we're gonna play this game about supporting terrorists and amassing illegal arsenals of weapons of mass destruction, let's play.

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:07 AM »

Maybe we can ask our friends in Riyadh - even as they and Israel collude with the newly empowered  Bush II-era Axis of Evil to start yet another war, invade yet another Middle Eastern country, and topple another sovereign state’s government  - if they know anything relevant regarding 9/11.  Roll Eyes

Maybe we can ask our friends in Tel Aviv about their illegal possession of nuclear weapons and their decades of lying about it.

Hey, if we're gonna play this game about supporting terrorists and amassing illegal arsenals of weapons of mass destruction, let's play.

Israel wasn't threatening the United States, even if they were in possession of WMDs, they're on our side.

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists" and Iraq, as well as Iran, Syria, Libya, and others, chose not to support the USA, meaning that they were aiding the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 by not joining the coalition against the terrorists.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2018, 12:55:43 AM »

I can only imagine some of the hot takes in this thread. Another HP move that creates another mess that Presidents in the future will have to clean up. But at least we didn’t elect an irrational woman.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2018, 02:51:15 AM »

I sure hope Private HillGoose is put on the frontline on day one of his deployment
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2018, 06:49:01 AM »

I sure hope Private HillGoose is put on the frontline on day one of his deployment
FWIW, a lot of these loud mouths did end up there 10 years ago.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »

THe problem was people like Robert Kagan were not.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2018, 07:37:50 AM »

Israel wasn't threatening the United States, even if they were in possession of WMDs, they're on our side.

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists" and Iraq, as well as Iran, Syria, Libya, and others, chose not to support the USA, meaning that they were aiding the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11 by not joining the coalition against the terrorists.

You think Trump is a terrorist and enemy of the United States? Interesting.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-insists-iraq-invasion-past-comments/story?id=41940228
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm confident you'll condemn Terrorist Trump in the strongest terms, upon learning that he is "with the terrorists".
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2018, 08:47:53 AM »

Interesting article about the dynamics of the Trump FP team:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/amp/story/2018/05/09/john-bolton-mike-pompeo-donald-trump-218325?__twitter_impression=true
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2018, 12:38:52 PM »

I wish. I'm PDQ for being crazy :/
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2018, 12:51:05 PM »

Syria and Libya actually helped us after 9/11
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2018, 12:52:22 PM »

Syria and Libya actually helped us after 9/11

the Global War on Terror is still ongoing. If someone stops helping, you shouldn't continue to treat them as your ally.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »

Have you already volunteered and failed the physical? I imagine that in a draft, they would not exempt individuals that have subclinical to functional autistic tendencies. People in poorer mental health were able to get in during the surge. Saw that in a Time article. It was kind of ficked up because they pressure a new kid into drinking his own pee.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2018, 02:08:12 PM »

Have you already volunteered and failed the physical? I imagine that in a draft, they would not exempt individuals that have subclinical to functional autistic tendencies. People in poorer mental health were able to get in during the surge. Saw that in a Time article. It was kind of ficked up because they pressure a new kid into drinking his own pee.

yeah psychosis or something like that.

and that's interesting, i didn't know they changed requirements due to need or whatever. maybe i will get to serve sometime.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »

Have you already volunteered and failed the physical? I imagine that in a draft, they would not exempt individuals that have subclinical to functional(being able to more or less have adult relationships and responsibilities but noneoftheless requiring support) autistic tendencies. People in poorer mental health were able to get in during the surge. Saw that in a Time article. It was kind of ficked up because they pressure a new kid into drinking his own pee.

yeah psychosis or something like that.

and that's interesting, i didn't know they changed requirements due to need or whatever. maybe i will get to serve sometime.

I mean, I had a guy I worked and live with for a while said that he told the Navy he wanted to be an ensign when he was looking for his first job and said that when they discovered that he was medicated by an impatient 1st grade teacher, they never got back with him.

I'd say if we all have to go, you can probably get in there...probably not otherwise.
bilaps
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2018, 04:16:43 AM »

The Iranian people are proud people who call themselves Persians as opposed to Arabs.

But their leadership needs to be removed and replaced with a democracy.

Tight financial sanctions may not work if they are in bed with Russia.

Trump thinks what is happening with North Korea will work with Iran.

Good luck!

Here's a thought. Maybe Iranian people should decide for themselves do they need a change in leadership, not you.
bilaps
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2018, 04:20:44 AM »

He said it by accident but this is the key thing in heads of these neocon fools. If they are on our side, everything is ok, killing women and children, no democracy, no women rights etc. But if they are not on our side, then let's go to war to protect human rights.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2018, 08:12:03 AM »

He said it by accident but this is the key thing in heads of these neocon fools. If they are on our side, everything is ok, killing women and children, no democracy, no women rights etc. But if they are not on our side, then let's go to war to protect human rights.

If Iran said we are are switching to being pro-US against Russia, it will be like the last 40 years never happened!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2018, 08:03:51 PM »

I can only imagine some of the hot takes in this thread. Another HP move that creates another mess that Presidents in the future will have to clean up. But at least we didn’t elect an irrational woman.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »

Only one of the candidates voted to allow Bush to go to war with Iran. Thankfully he declined.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2018, 07:36:12 PM »

Good riddance it's gone.  It was a terrible deal.  The Iranians would have worked on nukes anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies