NV-PPP: Rosen +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:37:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV-PPP: Rosen +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV-PPP: Rosen +2  (Read 4946 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: May 04, 2018, 05:51:38 PM »

All joking aside, if Heller's approval is -22, he's going to lose by a lot more than 2%.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 12:31:40 AM »

All joking aside, if Heller's approval is -22, he's going to lose by a lot more than 2%.

People know they don't like Heller, but they're not fond of Rosen either. If it was a Clinton midterm Heller would have like 55% odds of surviving.

Or they don't know much about Rosen. I wouldn't go as high as 55% at all, but case in point, this is not a Clinton midterm.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »

Why hasn't this race already been declared safe D?

This poll is so GOP hackish and ridiculous because Rosen MUST be leading by double digits because muh Heller muh muh weak incumbent. Of course Heller will get blanched by double digits because Nevada, with a PVI of D +1, is a titanium D brick in the blue wall, and any poll that shows Heller ahead is junk. This is literally SO OBVIOUS. LMAO.

Remember guys, Heller being down by 2 in a poll means he is actually down by 20. I'd say that he will lose by about 20 points, but I'm probably being way too generous because Rosen is such a great fit for progressive, titanium D Nevada that I think she can easily beat him by 40 points or so, holding him to about ~25-35% of the vote. I mean let's be real, the only people who will be voting for Heller are the Pawn Stars guys and the deplorable Mormon cowboys like Cliven Bundy. Lol.

Trump losing this state by 2 points really demonstrates how Republicans will never be able to win in the solid blue progressive stronghold of Nevada ever again. Republicans should just cut Heller loose and send their money to races that they might win like Texas and Tennessee, which are still just Likely D for now.
Anyone who believes otherwise is either a GOP hack or is lying to themselves.

Yeah, it’s much more believable that NV is no better than a Toss-Up for Democrats, and anyone who even so much as pushes this to Tilt D is an insufferable Democratic hack who is underestimating Unbeatable Titan Dean Heller. Even though Trump winning Wisconsin by .8% proves that it’s a red state, Trump losing Nevada by 2.4 doesn’t in any way suggest that it’s a blue state, since it went the same way in 1992. It may have been the first time since 1908 that a Republican won without Nevada, but I’m sure that’s just a coincidence. Demographics are only destiny in the Midwest.

I mean, even though polls in Nevada in the past consistently underestimated Democrats (even Berkeley), surely they HAVE to be right THIS year. And it’s amazing that Unbeatable Titan Dean Heller  is even REMOTELY close to Rosen! Just like it was amazing that Hagan even came within 10 points of beating Tillis. Nothing unreasonable about assuming an incumbent whose approval rating is way worse than Trump’s in his state could possibly do worse than Trump, especially since Democrats always do badly in midterms, and surely Democratic turnout in Nevada will be the same as it was in 2014.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies