California House Races Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:23:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  California House Races Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: California House Races Megathread  (Read 41000 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 08, 2018, 10:13:45 PM »

On another note, I still find your disparaging of T***p voter despicable and I hope you'll evolve on that too. It's just not healthy to hate that many people. "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is good advice here.
I know you weren't talking to me but I just can not and will not. Trump is a vile waste of human skin. And this was known well before November 8, 2016. I truly hate the people who voted for him.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #351 on: September 08, 2018, 10:22:13 PM »

On another note, I still find your disparaging of T***p voter despicable and I hope you'll evolve on that too. It's just not healthy to hate that many people. "Hate the sin, not the sinner" is good advice here.
I know you weren't talking to me but I just can not and will not. Trump is a vile waste of human skin. And this was known well before November 8, 2016. I truly hate the people who voted for him.

That doesn't follow. Just because T***p is awful doesn't mean all his voters were. Most of them are just as much victims of him as we are.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #352 on: September 09, 2018, 12:59:09 AM »

I don't like his prosecutorial style against anyone who has the gall to disagree with him.

So you don't like when the shoe is on the other foot?

Get over it.

Or else I'm going to the gulags too comrade?

That doesn't follow. Just because T***p is awful doesn't mean all his voters were. Most of them are just as much victims of him as we are.

No they aren't. That's the same BS SYRIZA says for the voters of Golden Dawn, that they are "confused" and they didn't know that they were voting for Nazis. They both knew very well what they were voting for.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #353 on: September 09, 2018, 01:19:30 AM »

No they aren't. That's the same BS SYRIZA says for the voters of Golden Dawn, that they are "confused" and they didn't know that they were voting for Nazis. They both knew very well what they were voting for.

It seems to me like you've been pretty sheltered from everything your country has gone through, so maybe you should reserve judgment about those who've borne the brunt of it. But no, by all means, keep wallowing in your superiority.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #354 on: September 09, 2018, 01:28:31 AM »

It seems to me like you've been pretty sheltered from everything your country has gone through, so maybe you should reserve judgment about those who've borne the brunt of it. But no, by all means, keep wallowing in your superiority.

It seems to me you are very ignorant of what happened in my country so you better consider stop talking and embarrassing yourself.
The leadership of Golden Dawn is on trial for murder, extortion, and being a criminal organization posing as a political party. Yet, in all the polls they get almost 10%, their best numbers ever. If you think that "economic anxiety" is what caused people to vote for Nazis, then you are the sheltered one who bloviates and keeps wallowing in your superiority.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2018, 01:38:00 AM »

It seems to me you are very ignorant of what happened in my country so you better consider stop talking and embarrassing yourself.
The leadership of Golden Dawn is on trial for murder, extortion, and being a criminal organization posing as a political party. Yet, in all the polls they get almost 10%, their best numbers ever. If you think that "economic anxiety" is what caused people to vote for Nazis, then you are the sheltered one who bloviates and keeps wallowing in your superiority.

I'll take that as a yes about you being sheltered from what happened to the vast majority of your countrymen. It's not your fault, of course (neither is it mine that I'm sheltered from what's happening in exurban and small-town France), but people like us should try to reserve judgment about people less lucky than us and not resort to class contempt by another name. What you said is completely immaterial to this fundamental truth.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2018, 01:55:48 AM »

I'll take that as a yes about you being sheltered from what happened to the vast majority of your countrymen. It's not your fault, of course (neither is it mine that I'm sheltered from what's happening in exurban and small-town France), but people like us should try to reserve judgment about people less lucky than us and not resort to class contempt by another name. What you said is completely immaterial to this fundamental truth.

Please, stop the condescending BS. I know personally a handful of people who are Golden Dawn supporters and all of them are well off. When I ask them why they vote for Nazis they all talk about how they hate immigrants,  hate globalization, and hate the EU. Sure, they took a hit due to the crisis, but none of them lost their jobs or is famishing.
The cold hard truth is they always were fascists. They were hiding during normal times but now amidst the political turmoil they found the chance to manifest themselves. You may not like it, but it's a fact.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #357 on: September 09, 2018, 01:57:45 AM »

There’s a reason why a large segment of white working class voters went for Trump while the Asian, Hispanic, and black working classes said “F**k no” instead.

It’s about race/ethnicity, not class.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #358 on: September 09, 2018, 02:00:19 AM »

Muh anecdotal evidence.

So why exactly did all these fascists only start voting for the fascist party right when the country was bled dry by austerity? Is it just a coincidence?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #359 on: September 09, 2018, 02:01:15 AM »

There’s a reason why a large segment of white working class voters went for Trump while the Asian, Hispanic, and black working classes said “F**k no” instead.

You're not contradicting my point in any way.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2018, 02:04:04 AM »

You're not contradicting my point in any way.

Stop feeling sorry for people you view as “victims”. These people at best don’t see themselves as such and at worst don’t care so long as minorities don’t take their country away from them.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #361 on: September 09, 2018, 02:11:15 AM »

Forgive me for being off-topic, but it'd sure be great to discuss the CA House races...

Well, Obama was at the Anaheim Convention Center earlier today for most of the Democratic challengers (Only notable absence was Katie Hill of CA-25). Unfortunately, only 700 people in attendance with tickets given out by the specific campaigns. Hopefully, a bigger rally gets planned where the public could attend.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #362 on: September 09, 2018, 10:03:54 AM »

Forgive me for being off-topic, but it'd sure be great to discuss the CA House races...

Well, Obama was at the Anaheim Convention Center earlier today for most of the Democratic challengers (Only notable absence was Katie Hill of CA-25). Unfortunately, only 700 people in attendance with tickets given out by the specific campaigns. Hopefully, a bigger rally gets planned where the public could attend.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2018, 11:22:03 AM »

That’s embarrassing, only 700 people came out?!
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: September 09, 2018, 02:42:11 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2018, 01:44:38 AM by Interlocutor »

That’s embarrassing, only 700 people came out?!

Granted, it was announced less than a week of the event. At that point, it was probably put on more for local media attention and "Obama visits OC" headlines.

Still, I'm really hoping for one more Obama visit before election day. At least one where the public can attend and most of yesterday's 700 campaign attendees can continue canvassing! The OC Fairgrounds would be perfect
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #365 on: September 09, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2018, 10:31:27 PM »

Please keep conversations civil and on-topic

tallguy23
United States

« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2018, 12:51:03 AM »

I was in Newport Beach today (rich, typically GOP town in OC) and saw one sign for Dana but about 7 signs for Harley. Take from that what you will.
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2018, 01:41:27 AM »

I was in Newport Beach today (rich, typically GOP town in OC) and saw one sign for Dana but about 7 signs for Harley. Take from that what you will.

Doesn't seem to have changed since May, when I drove up CA-1 and counted 1 pro-Dana sign for every 3 anti-Dana signs
mencken
« Reply #369 on: September 10, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »

Newport Beach was littered with Omar Siddiqui signs in the primary, we know how that turned out...

Newport Beach will undoubtedly be Rohrabacher's strongest city in the district (yeah, its trended Democratic with Trump, but it was extremely Republican to start with)
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2018, 07:18:18 AM »

I am vindicated! People just did not believe me when I said that we’ll probably win CA-45 and CA-48 way before we win CA-39.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2018, 07:37:01 AM »

Interesting. Why would a Clinton +8 district shift so hard to Republicans? And why does Cisneros already have an underwater favorability?
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2018, 07:40:32 AM »

Interesting. Why would a Clinton +8 district shift so hard to Republicans? And why does Cisneros already have an underwater favorability?

Cisneros is leading among Asian voters by only 2 points (43%-41%), losing badly even among whites with college degrees, and while he’s doing well with Hispanics, they’re not really planning to vote. He’s a pretty brazen carpetbagger (he moved from Maxine Waters’s district in LA) and is getting hit hard over the sexual harassment allegations on TV.

Democrats nominated a very flawed candidate, Republicans nominated their best recruit of the cycle, and invested enough money to shift it towards Team Red.

Kim is well-liked and voters think she’s in tune with the district. She’s the new Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, basically.
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2018, 07:49:54 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2018, 09:25:18 AM by New York Dude »

Cisneros is leading among Asian voters by only 2 points (43%-41%), losing badly even among whites with college degrees, and while he’s doing well with Hispanics, they’re not really planning to vote. He’s a pretty brazen carpetbagger (he moved from Maxine Waters’s district in LA) and is getting hit hard over the sexual harassment allegations on TV.

Democrats nominated a very flawed candidate, Republicans nominated their best recruit of the cycle, and invested enough money to shift it towards Team Red.

Kim is well-liked and voters think she’s in tune with the district. She’s the new Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, basically.

I mean, not that you're wrong or anything, but you seem kind of obsessed with talking about how strong Kim is at every opportunity, lol
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »

I mean, not that you're wrong or anything, but you seem kind of obsessed with taking about how strong Kim is st every opportunity, lol

Some Republicans like Ojeda, some Democrats like Kim. It’s the natural order of things.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies