The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:02:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness  (Read 20715 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 26, 2018, 02:50:10 AM »

I am very much intrigued by the Fremont race.

1. From a selfish point of view, the restoration of regional level parties was something that came out of my October 2016 campaign, originating as a suggestion from former Emperor JBrase, so I am pleased to see the various Regional level parties seeking dominate the discussion.

2. From a perspective of what is good for the game and the regions, I would love to see the regional level parties dominate politics at the regional level and Scott certainly has done great work with his Centre Party. I think that works towards the distinct culture that you were talking about the other night and at the same time builds competitiveness and interest at the regional level.

One of many things I do plan to discuss over the course of this campaign is how to facilitate and strengthen regional culture.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 02:06:55 AM »

Does the South have a particularly strong history of regional parties?

Yes, both "regional level" and "regionally focused" national parties. Imperial Bloc was a national party, but existed only within the South.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 02:29:38 AM »

Does the South have a particularly strong history of regional parties?
Regional Protection Party was originally a regional party for the South - ended up becoming the primary center-right party of Atlasia in around 2008 and has been ever since (name change several years ago).

The earliest the Federalist can trace its formal antecedents is late January 2012. But the influence of "regionalism" and the regionalist movement has been a powerful influence on the Federalists, considering a lot of the Whigs were basically people you had recruited into the RPP (Zuwo, TJ, Cathcon, JCL, etc) and most of the IB were people PiT had recruited as Emperor either during the time of the RPP or just after. Many of those people are gone now, and yet this remains as strong as ever (like 95% of the Feds want us to oppose centralization of power, higher than fiscal conservatism at 85%).

The right had disappeared prior to the formation of the RPP for almost a year. Ever since then there has been a right in Atlasia, and it has been largely dominated by a regionalist or pro-region mindset. Part of the reason behind that, is because it is easy to unify the disparate conservative factions around the notion of opposing central authority. Most every conservative, be they Libertarian, so-con, Populist, Trumpist even, can agree on one thing, DC should not be controlling your life.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 04:49:23 AM »

Oh god we are going to have a three way tie in both the general and the runoff and then have to divide a four month term into three parts.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »

Also fyi an abortion ban has been proposed by Speaker Louisville Thunder in Lincoln(and he attempted to end debate 50 seconds after introducing the bill). https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=295125.msg6273882#msg6273882 This may be of interest to some Atlasians and if you have thoughts on the bill please share them in the thread.

The more things change...

sad reminder that zuwo just fell off the rolls.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 02:09:44 AM »

The poll doesn't really account for my position on dueling.

1. I am deeply troubled by it and am against its use personally.

2. I don't think it should be banned though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 02:17:39 AM »

That's why I specifically put in brackets "leaving aside your opinion on its legality". So do people support or oppose its use, and ofc they can disapprove without that being support for an outright ban.

I interpreted the legality more as to refer to current questions of constitutionality, not whether or not we should have the practice of dueling.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 02:23:16 AM »

That's why I specifically put in brackets "leaving aside your opinion on its legality". So do people support or oppose its use, and ofc they can disapprove without that being support for an outright ban.

I interpreted the legality more as to refer to current questions of constitutionality, not whether or not we should have the practice of dueling.

Oh ok, I thought 'legality' would be taken as whether or not it should be legal and not whether it is constitutional, guess I was mistaken.

You could think something is presently illegal, think it should be, and disapprove of its practice.

It is kind of like Abortion. You can agree or disagree with Roe. You can then think abortion should legal or illegal, and then you can have a personal opinion on abortion.

Like those who are pro-choice but personally against abortion and would not recommend it.

As of right now I tend to think dueling is constitutional, that it should be an option, but I strongly disapprove of the practice personally. So when it comes to dueling, you can say I am pro-choice. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 01:15:43 AM »

OMG THERE IT IS AGAIN!. 46, just like with WELLS!!!!

Illuminati confirmed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 01:35:59 AM »

Of course 54, the height of the RED SCARE!!!!

The plot thickens!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »

The western regions, Pacific and now Fremont, long struggled with having one sided, noncompetitive or even uncontested elections.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 12:23:00 AM »

One of the higher turnouts for the region as well, though not the highest.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 12:26:15 AM »

One of the higher turnouts for the region as well, though not the highest.

It was the same number of votes as Peebs vs Fairbol as I pointed out earlier, idk whether this election or that one was higher as a percentage of the electorate though.

NeverAgain's victory turned out 53 votes in April 2017 or whatever month he became Governor as I recall.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 12:28:01 AM »

Actually it was this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=262404.50
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 12:08:16 AM »

The Spanish Inquisition does not approve of this unexpected result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies