The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:22:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: The Atlasian Post-Democracy Dies In Darkness  (Read 20761 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2018, 12:52:31 AM »

SENATOR REACTIONARY LEADS RAZZE IN SOUTHERN SENATE RACEThe polls in the Southern Senate race, between Senator Reactionary(Federalist), and Delegate Razze(Peace) have opened. The Atlasian Post recommends that all Southerners get out and vote in this race. The polls will remain open until 9AM EST on June 11, and here is the link to the voting booth(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=293817.new#new)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(sjoyce last counted)-Trumpsucks & HCP are invalid
Mr Reactionary(blackraisin): 65.22% (15 votes)
Razze: 34.78% (8 votes)

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2018, 04:42:31 AM »

We were blessed with great Senate candidates
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2018, 09:08:58 AM »

Actually I don't think hcp is invalid, last I remembered the south does not have the 7 day rule like other regions do.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2018, 04:52:38 PM »

SENATOR REACTIONARY LEADS RAZZE IN SOUTHERN SENATE RACEThe polls in the Southern Senate race, between Senator Reactionary(Federalist), and Delegate Razze(Peace) have opened. The Atlasian Post recommends that all Southerners get out and vote in this race. The polls will remain open until 9AM EST on June 11, and here is the link to the voting booth(https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=293817.new#new)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(JBrase last counted)-Trumpsucks & HCP are invalid
Mr Reactionary(blackraisin): 62.07% (18 votes)
Razze: 37.93% (11 votes)

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2018, 07:06:01 PM »

(Fuzzy Bear last counted)-Trumpsucks & HCP are invalid
Mr Reactionary(blackraisin): 64.52% (20 votes)
Razze: 35.48% (11 votes)

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »

Here you are-The Atlasian Post June 2018 race ratings!
Fremont Senate
Likely Mario
Sestak has a broad appeal and has already gained a lot of support, including getting 70% in our latest poll. The only reason I'm not rating this race as Safe Mario is that nobody else has declared yet and there's still time for the race to change, however it's far closer to safe than lean.
Lincoln Senate
Likely Alliance
Not Madigan is a strong candidate, being the most popular Senator in the nation. Jimmy7812 hasn't done terribly but he hasn't expanded his support much beyond the Federalists at this stage-and even there Madigan may have a shot at picking off some voters. Madigan so far has strong support from progressives(I myself will make no comment on which candidate, if any, I'd support, but that's probably irrelevant). Jimmy does have a shot still, especially if he has a strong GOTV operation, but it's unlikely and requires a lot to go right for him(and/or wrong for Madigan). At this stage it is Likely Alliance, but closer to lean than safe.

There could be other candidates for Lincoln Senate. There is no PUP candidate yet but the party has a registration advantage in the region. They would have a good chance of picking up a seat. It's odd that progressives would give strong support to Not Madigan. Maybe they don't watch the Federalist convention but Not Madigan is trying to out-Federalist the Federalist candidate to get the endorsement. Someone mentioned NM stood for Federalist values again and again. And he clains " I believe I have a better record of expanding Liberty and reducing government involvement in Lincoln and Atlasia." I imagine not all progressives want to reduce government involvement.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2018, 07:36:49 PM »

Here you are-The Atlasian Post June 2018 race ratings!
Fremont Senate
Likely Mario
Sestak has a broad appeal and has already gained a lot of support, including getting 70% in our latest poll. The only reason I'm not rating this race as Safe Mario is that nobody else has declared yet and there's still time for the race to change, however it's far closer to safe than lean.
Lincoln Senate
Likely Alliance
Not Madigan is a strong candidate, being the most popular Senator in the nation. Jimmy7812 hasn't done terribly but he hasn't expanded his support much beyond the Federalists at this stage-and even there Madigan may have a shot at picking off some voters. Madigan so far has strong support from progressives(I myself will make no comment on which candidate, if any, I'd support, but that's probably irrelevant). Jimmy does have a shot still, especially if he has a strong GOTV operation, but it's unlikely and requires a lot to go right for him(and/or wrong for Madigan). At this stage it is Likely Alliance, but closer to lean than safe.

There could be other candidates for Lincoln Senate. There is no PUP candidate yet but the party has a registration advantage in the region. They would have a good chance of picking up a seat. It's odd that progressives would give strong support to Not Madigan. Maybe they don't watch the Federalist convention but Not Madigan is trying to out-Federalist the Federalist candidate to get the endorsement. Someone mentioned NM stood for Federalist values again and again. And he clains " I believe I have a better record of expanding Liberty and reducing government involvement in Lincoln and Atlasia." I imagine not all progressives want to reduce government involvement.

Expanding Liberty is the key thing in there along with reducing government involvement.  The bills I mentioned voting for were the Postal Reform and Reforming Criminal Law Acts, both of which were supported by progressives*, as well as the Dumb Regulation Repeal Acts, and most if not all were supported by progressives as well, so I personally don't see that as a reason progressives would have a problem with me, especially given my record on Healthcare, Infrastructure, the Environment, and Education (Support of the HELIOS Act).  Also, if you look, a number of progressives (Including the Current Chair of PUP Mike Wells, Vice Chair/Presidential Candidate Ninja0428 of PUP, Vice Presidential Candidate 1184AZ of PUP, Former PUP Chair NeverAgain, and Fremont Speaker Scott of Peace have all backed me based on my record. 

So, personally I may be biased, but I think if you look at the evidence I'm supported by those on the Right and the Left, and my record can clearly appeal to people on both sides of the aisle, including progressives, so I don't think I'll have a problem at all.  (Also, in addition to it being a bit late to run with 13 days left, I've got a lot of PUP support so I think that's a factor as well.)

*Postal Reform Act, Wells Aye Vote
Reforming Criminal Law Act, Pericles Aye Vote
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2018, 09:52:31 PM »

(NeverAgain last counted)-Trumpsucks & HCP are invalid
Mr Reactionary(blackraisin): 60.61% (20 votes)
Razze: 39.39% (13 votes)

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2018, 04:56:51 AM »

(mvd10 last counted)-Trumpsucks & HCP are invalid
Mr Reactionary(blackraisin): 61.76% (21 votes)
Razze: 38.24% (13 votes)

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2018, 07:17:29 PM »

(Mondale last counted)-Trumpsucks & HCP are invalid
Mr Reactionary(blackraisin): 59.46% (22 votes)
Razze: 40.54% (15 votes)

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2018, 12:15:46 AM »

(Vice President PiT last counted)-Trumpsucks & HCP are invalid
Mr Reactionary(blackraisin): 62.50% (25 votes)
Razze: 37.50% (15 votes)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2018, 11:15:49 PM »

MR REACTIONARY RE-ELECTED BY 9-VOTE MARGIN OVER DELEGATE RAZZE

*Turns out HCP's vote was valid, so our coverage underestimated Razze by 1 vote. We will seek to avoid such errors in the future.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 11:36:01 PM »

Boi I told you he was valid
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »

JUNE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION; THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Is this our next President?
We're now heading into the final phase of the June 2018 campaign, and it remains a pure tossup race. No campaign has secured anything that can be called an advantage, let alone an invulnerable one. Our last poll showed all 3 tickets within 6 points of one another, and none close to 50%. A surprise new poll by DTC polling has put Senator Lumine in the lead with 40%-Lumine hasn't gotten those levels in our own polling but we won't dismiss such a result outright. We will put out our final poll in the coming days, and add questions on a second-round-given that it is very unlikely any ticket gets a first-round majority. As for the campaign quality; at this stage I'd have to say Lumine has run the best campaign, Yankee has run a good campaign but the pressure is on Ninja/AZ to get their profile and message out. Maybe PUP and the Feds will ultimately triumph with a strong get out the vote operation. However, the campaigns have slightly less than one more week to persuade wavering voters and close strong. There is still everything to play for.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2018, 02:40:13 AM »

Our final June poll is out, please make sure to vote!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YuU04fq8SK0NcE3wU337flmRwRrCVc_F7aHIeY-qWYw
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2018, 04:38:08 PM »

18 responses-keep 'em coming!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2018, 10:59:41 PM »

29 responses so far, thanks to all those who've already voted. Let's have some more!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2018, 01:25:13 AM »

When voting, please give your username. I need it to ensure the response is legitimate and nobody is rigging the poll. 3 respondents haven't given their username so far, please don't increase that number and if you're 1 of the 3 please help me figure out who you are to ensure your response is counted in the poll
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2018, 05:31:11 PM by Pericles »

Keep the responses coming! Federalists-please vote! This poll is the most useful as we can show trends throughout the campaign.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YuU04fq8SK0NcE3wU337flmRwRrCVc_F7aHIeY-qWYw
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2018, 06:11:08 PM »

This poll will close at midnight. Please vote before then. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YuU04fq8SK0NcE3wU337flmRwRrCVc_F7aHIeY-qWYw
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2018, 09:20:47 PM »

I think I voted twice. I thought it was a new poll Sad
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2018, 11:36:30 PM »

24 minutes left!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »

FINAL JUNE POLL; NINJA, LUMINE MAKE FINAL ROUND, LUMINE CRUSHES NINJA, YANKEE/DFW IN THIRD

Poll results
37 respondents to the poll
Party registration
32.4% PUP 12 respondents
24.3% Federalist 9 respondents
16.2% Alliance 6 respondents
16.2% Peace 6 respondents
8.1% Independent 3 respondents
2.7% Other 1 respondent
Regional distribution
40.7% South 15 respondents
29.7% Lincoln 11 respondents
29.7% Fremont 11 respondents
President fhtagn approval rating
43.2% Approve 16 respondents
43.2% Disapprove 16 respondents
13.5% Unsure 5 respondents
Direction of Atlasia
43.2% Wrong direction 16 respondents
35.1% Unsure 13 respondents
21.6% Right Direction 8 respondents
Favorability ratings of presidential candidates
75.0% Lumine 27 respondents
63.9% Ninja0428 23 respondents
55.6% North Carolina Yankee 20 respondents
Favorability ratings of vice-presidential candidates
1184AZ-79.4% 27 respondents
Siren-76.5% 26 respondents
dfwlibertylover-52.9% 18 respondents
Political party favorability ratings
81.1% Peace 30 respondents
64.9% Alliance 24 respondents
56.8% PUP 21 respondents
35.1% Federalist 13 respondents
18.9% CDU 7 respondents
Presidential results(without undecided)
35.1% Ninja0428/1184AZ(+1.8%) 13 respondents
32.4% Lumine/Siren(+1.8%) 12 respondents
27.0% North Carolina Yankee/dfwlibertylover(-9.1%) 10 respondents
5.4% Peebs/tmthforu94(+5.4%) 2 respondents
Lumine vs Ninja
59.5% Lumine/Siren 22 respondents
40.5% Ninja0428/1184AZ 15 respondents
Lumine vs Yankee
62.2% Lumine/Siren 23 respondents
37.8% North Carolina Yankee/dfwlibertylover 14 respondents
Ninja vs Yankee
63.9% Ninja0428/1184AZ 23 respondents
37.8% North Carolina Yankee/dfwlibertylover 13 respondents
Senatorial approval ratings
Lumine-80.6% 29 respondents
Not Madigan-77.8% 28 respondents
wxtransit-72.2% 26 respondents
Mike Wells-69.4% 25 respondents
Mr Reactionary-52.8% 19 respondents
Haslam2020-52.8% 19 respondents
House representative approval ratings
NeverAgain-73.0% 27 respondents
Ninja0428-73.0% 27 respondents
Peebs-70.3% 26 respondents
Weatherboy1102-62.2% 23 respondents
North Carolina Yankee-59.5% 22 respondents
Sestak-59.5% 22 respondents
dfwlibertylover-56.8% 21 respondents
RFayette-45.9% 17 respondents
Leinad-37.8% 14 respondents
House candidate favorability
Razze-80.6% 29 respondents
Peebs-77.8% 28 respondents
Weatherboy1102-66.7% 24 respondents
OneJ-63.9% 23 respondents
Pericles-61.1% 22 respondents
fhtagn-52.8% 19 respondents
Computer89/Old School Republican-50.0% 18 respondents
Lechasseur-50.0% 18 respondents
politicalmasta-50.0% 18 respondents
vern1988-50.0% 18 respondents
RFayette-47.2% 17 respondents
Leinad-38.9% 14 respondents
Lincoln gubernatorial election
61.5% ReaganClinton 8 respondents
23.1% Clyde 1998 3 respondents
7.7% Spark498 1 respondent
7.7% Undecided 1 respondent
Lincoln Senate
Undecided-36.4% 4 respondents
Jimmy7812-27.3% 3 respondents
NotMadigan-27.3% 3 respondents
DTC-9.1% 1 respondent
Fremont Senate
91.7% Sestak/jk2020(/Don Blankenship) 11 respondents
8.3% Lumine 1 respondent
Who will win the presidential election?
North Carolina Yankee/dfwlibertylover-36.1% 13 respondents
Lumine/Siren-33.3% 12 respondents
Ninja0428/1184AZ-30.6% 11 respondents

Lumine has continued to gain momentum, now vaulting into second place in our final poll of the campaign. If that happens, then Lumine would very likely be elected President, as he beats both Ninja0428 and North Carolina Yankee by wide margins. In fact, Lumine has increased his vote share in every single poll of our campaign. North Carolina Yankee's chances look slim-he loses by wide margins to both Ninja0428 and Lumine. It seems possible the decider of this election would be whether Lumine gets into the final round; if he does, he wins, if he doesn't, Ninja wins. That at least is the picture painted by our polling. Surprisingly, Ninja did not do any worse against Yankee-in fact better-than Lumine. 16 months of Federalist governance look like they may come to an end. However, I would caution readers not to take these numbers as gospel, as the number of Federalists sampled may be too low, plus a lot depends on which campaign has the most effective get out the vote operation(this is dfwlibertylover we're talking about). Regional numbers, with much smaller response rates, have wide margin of error. However Lincoln's Senate race appears to be competitive, while Fremont is dominated by Sestak(perhaps due to him being the only name on the ballot). And, that's the story.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 01:32:55 AM »

The Atlasian Post campaign polling, graphed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 02:34:26 AM »

Don't let the polls fool you: that ol' bag of bones will dredge up plenty of his fellow graveyard skeletons to vote alongside him when the booth opens!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies