Fremont's Population Stagnation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:57:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fremont's Population Stagnation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fremont's Population Stagnation  (Read 208 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »

While I was sending out PMs for my Fremont poll (which, if you're from Fremont and you haven't responded to, you should), I noticed something. I got to everyone who isn't about to be disenfranchised in 7 PMs. Even two of the people I did send it to are about to be disenfranchised, and the only ones who aren't who I didn't send a PM to are myself and Kamala. This means we are potentially looking at a 35 population Fremont after this.

I feel like there are some issues that this could create; feel free to discuss this (and what might have caused this dropoff) in replies.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:38:22 PM »

It is a severe problem, as the size of the population base underpins not only active participants but then indirectly the number of active participants directly affects the number of candidates and the competitiveness of elections and activity generally.

We need a surge of engagement in this game and this will result in an increase of candidates and voter turnout. This has to be two fold, bringing in new people on the one hand and reaching out with bold and innovative ways to get inactive people active, and in a diverse array of opportunities that extend beyond just holding office so that everyone not only has a potential role to play, but that everyone is aware of that potential.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 11:40:57 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean with 35 people though, as there are 49 Fremontians listed on the census and, taking out DFL and Kamala, 47 potential voters.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean with 35 people though, as there are 49 Fremontians listed on the census and, taking out DFL and Kamala, 47 potential voters.

He is saying they are at or above 2 missed elections.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 11:46:19 PM »

Peebs has already marked who has missed 3 elections; I skipped (almost all of) them when sending PMs.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 11:49:33 PM »

Oh dear that's very worrying. I should note that I've been trying to recruit new people to register as Fremontians(albeit to help myself win elected office lol), ProudModerate2 for instance registered due to my encouragement. And so I'll make sure to put more effort into bringing more people into Fremont. Hopefully we can also have some more people moving here from other regions.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies