Just a quick thought experiment re:AZ-08
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:16:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Just a quick thought experiment re:AZ-08
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just a quick thought experiment re:AZ-08  (Read 925 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2018, 07:45:53 AM »

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but how do you view the midterms if Republicans lose AZ-08 on Tuesday?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »

midterms willl be a disaster if lesko somehow loses

but lesko should win by 8+
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:05:52 AM »

If Republicans lose AZ-08; then everyone will forget about it three days later when Morning Consult releases a poll showing Democrats only +4 on the Generic Ballot and Atlas will declare the "Blue Wave Is Dead".

LOL, pretty much this.

But seriously, Republicans have no excuse for this one even being remotely close, much less losing it. Yeah, you can blame Alabama on Roy Moore being a pedophile. You can even kind of blame PA-18 on Lamb being a great candidate and Saccone being a mediocre one. It's literally impossible to spin anything less than a double digit Lesko win as anything other than a disaster for Republicans. This is the 90th most Republican district in the country FFS, has zero history of supporting any kind of Democrat, and the Democratic candidate is basically a some chick running against a competent state senator.

I'll go so far as to say that Lesko only winning by single digits is actually a worse sign for the Republicans than Lamb's razor thin win was, simply because they have literally NO excuse for this not being a trouncing.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »

If Republicans lose AZ-08; then everyone will forget about it three days later when Morning Consult releases a poll showing Democrats only +4 on the Generic Ballot and Atlas will declare the "Blue Wave Is Dead".

LOL, pretty much this.

But seriously, Republicans have no excuse for this one even being remotely close, much less losing it. Yeah, you can blame Alabama on Roy Moore being a pedophile. You can even kind of blame PA-18 on Lamb being a great candidate and Saccone being a mediocre one. It's literally impossible to spin anything less than a double digit Lesko win as anything other than a disaster for Republicans. This is the 90th most Republican district in the country FFS, has zero history of supporting any kind of Democrat, and the Democratic candidate is basically a some chick running against a competent state senator.

I'll go so far as to say that Lesko only winning by single digits is actually a worse sign for the Republicans than Lamb's razor thin win was, simply because they have literally NO excuse for this not being a trouncing.

Basically this. Of course GOP will see Lesko edging it out as a massive win and will declare "Blue Wave is dead!"

In terms of the big picture, a <5% win for the Republicans is basically the same as a loss. It only saves them a nuclear attack on their morale. It doesn't change the environment and the inevitability of what's to come in November.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 10:17:31 AM »

Can we keep in mind that Paul Penzone still couldn’t come within 5 points of the neo-Nazi felon even as he was BTFOing Arpaio in the county as a whole, cool, thanks

Yeah... I have no hope for this district lol
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 10:19:47 AM »

I never said I expected a Democratic victory here. My question was a simple "what if?"
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »

I never said I expected a Democratic victory here. My question was a simple "what if?"

I am just trying to get atlas to be realistic about this district. sometimes atlas gets way too excited
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 11:32:50 AM »

I am just trying to get atlas to be realistic about this district. sometimes atlas gets way too excited

"Sometimes"?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 11:38:55 AM »

Midterms will be a disaster even if lesko wins by single digits.

If she loses, expect a tsunami.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies