Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:40:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque  (Read 4060 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: May 05, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »

What about Austrians who have lived in the country for generations who don't enjoy yodelling or skiing? Are they frauds? What about Frenchmen who don't drink wine or have marital affairs? Or English people who know how to cook? Why reduce one's own country to a set of cardboard stereotypes?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »

It's not that that confuses me though. It's the notion that someone should not simply be obligated to follow the law (something most everyone agrees with), but go above and beyond that: to abandon any deviancy from the norm and adopt in full their hosts culture that intrigues me. To me the most important part of European culture is that we are democratic and allow each individual to reach his or her own personal aim without hurting others.

Your argument seems to me that being part of a subculture, or otherwise being "weird" is inherently deviant and suspicious behaviour.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 01:09:35 AM »

But Tender, you're running away from your own comment. I completely agree with the fact that any criminal asylum seekers, including those spreading hate speech or misogynistic harassment of women etc, should not be welcome. What I take exception to is your statement that an asylum seeker or migrant not skiing is in itself a disturbing thing. Assuming they are not anti-social and they follow the law, I'd say their lack in interest in a particular recreation to be pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »

And of course, when black people do achieve excellence in sports and enter their national teams (e.g. French football) the Right celebrate, right?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »

And of course, when black people do achieve excellence in sports and enter their national teams (e.g. French football) the Right celebrate, right?
Tender generally votes SPÖ and isn't even on the right, but yes, most of us on the right actually celebrate that. Do you seriously think most right-wing or even most PVV voters in NL are against foreign-born players on the Dutch national team? 4chan /pol/ probably is, but don't confuse the internet right with the actual right. Most people on the right want immigrants to succeed.

I mean, I mentioned France in particular: there is a longrunning series of disputes about the number of black players on the national team (even from non-Right sources)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies