Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Extremist Turks brainwash children to pose as fighters/bodies in Vienna mosque  (Read 4036 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »

Disgusting big scandal in Austria (and also Germany) right now ... about time to bully Erdogan's supporters out of the country.

Turkish extremists belonging to ATIB, which is Erdogan's tentacle in Austria, recently indoctrinated and brainwashed their children to stage a battle in a Vienna mosque, in which the children were dressed up in uniforms, used (toy) guns and even posed as dead bodies on the floor:

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/children-reenact-gallipoli-in-austrian-mosque

Kurz and the ÖVP-FPÖ government have decided to look into the matter at their government council meeting today.

It is even possible that ATIB (Turkish-Islamic Cultural Association) might be dissolved because of the incident.

https://derstandard.at/2000078181387/ATIB-Moschee-Regierung-prueft-Schritte-bis-hin-zur-Aufloesung

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:36:13 PM »

So they had kids involved in a war reenactment? That happens all the time here! What makes this a massive scandal and "brainwashing" rather than a charming minor cultural event?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:40:06 PM »

So they had kids involved in a war reenactment? That happens all the time here! What makes this a massive scandal and "brainwashing" rather than a charming minor cultural event?

If you don't see what's wrong here, you Southerners/Confederates are probably nothing better than the Turks on this issue.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 03:09:07 PM »

well, US Civil War reenactments don't use tiny children as props/propaganda.  Clearly they learned this from a group a little closer to them physically and culturally.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »

If you don't see what's wrong here, you Southerners/Confederates are probably nothing better than the Turks on this issue.

Do Austrian children not play at games of war? Not re-enactments, to be clear.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »

Do Austrian children not play at games of war? Not re-enactments, to be clear.

Nope.

Only on the internet (Call of Duty, Doom etc.) - but not in churches ...

And only when they are 15-18 or so.

The kids instrumentalized to play bodies in Mosques by the Turks are as young as 5 years ...
warandwar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 03:02:34 AM »

well, US Civil War reenactments don't use tiny children as props/propaganda.  Clearly they learned this from a group a little closer to them physically and culturally.
One of my friend's growing up had a dad who was a Civil War Reenactors. I can therefore say with absolute certainty that this group of bizarre extremists (Civil War Reenactors that is) use tiny children as props.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 03:36:52 AM »

This reminds me of Hamas displays in their terror summer camps. I'm not sure it's a good enough reason to outlaw Erdogan's organization, but well, I wouldn't object to doing it anyway because he's such a terrible force in the world and in Turkey right now.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 03:40:50 AM »

This reminds me of Hamas displays in their terror summer camps. I'm not sure it's a good enough reason to outlaw Erdogan's organization, but well, I wouldn't object to doing it anyway because he's such a terrible force in the world and in Turkey right now.

Yepp.

Of what purpose is it exactly that Erdogan and his extremist footsoldiers emigrating to Austria are now trying to set up a parallel-society in Austria and its mosques ? By recruiting and brainwashing and training small children to become extremists themselves ?

This has no place here. I don't mind (well, actually I do, out of principle) these a**holes doing that crap in Turkey, but get the f**k out of our country.

Austria doesn't need a 5th column of extremist Muslim trojan horses here.

But I guess it's too late already: they have already set foot here and set up structures and it will be hard to give them an asskick out of the country ...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »

you know they fought on the same side as Austria in that war, right? and they used the event to emphasize their historical ties with Austria - even featuring the Austrian flag up front and center?

You think they deserve to be kicked out of Austria for honoring Austria? Yeah war reenactment with kids is weird (but not particularly uncommon) but it's not like they were playing "smite the infidels" by reenacting the Battle of Vienna lol

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2018, 02:34:02 PM by Baconomics 🐖 »

In the United States we even have summer camps that prominently feature civil war reenactments. Maybe it's just my personal experience but really doesn't seem too weird to me

also would you kick out these Canadian kids out of Austria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w81h5aQNYc

(also re: it being in a mosque, do note that they're also de facto community centers for immigrant communities. this may not even have been affiliated with the mosque itself at all?)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 02:28:50 PM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »

Bacon and Sweetheart, you still do not understand it ...

I'm trying to explain to you more closely about why this is a massive problem: While Confederate war reenactments with kids also take place (I also oppose them, because it is a show of militarism and chauvinism and that shouldn't involve small kids because it's an underlying cause of the US's war-mongering abroad and gun-violence at home), the two situations are not comparable.

In the US's case, it is about reenacting a Civil War (= "enemies" within the country, but still brothers and sister, fathers, mothers etc.) without fascist brainwashing, but in the Turkish case it is about a foreign enemy + fascist brainwashing. Children are indoctrinated in these mosques to fight a future foreign [anti-Muslim] enemy and to show the fascist Turkish-nationalist "Wolfsgruß", which is the Turkish version of the Nazi-salute.

Besides, many Turks are notoriously non-integratable into our society: In polls, 70% of Turks say they still feel 100% Turkish at heart and feel "foreign" in Austria. Most Muslims only follow Muslim faith and Sharia and put these values above our way of life and our court system and constitution.

And actions like these Turkish-Nationalist war-reenactments in our mosques certainly do not help shed the image that they (like other Muslims) are a secret 5th column in our country, having no interest in integrating or assimilating. Have you ever seen one or two or three Turks or other Arabs who are alpine skiers, snowboarders or do cross-country skiing ?

It's like they are living in their own parallel society and they have absolutely no urge of changing that ...
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 11:00:53 AM »

Disgusting big scandal in Austria (and also Germany) right now ... about time to bully Erdogan's supporters out of the country.

Turkish extremists belonging to ATIB, which is Erdogan's tentacle in Austria, recently indoctrinated and brainwashed their children to stage a battle in a Vienna mosque, in which the children were dressed up in uniforms, used (toy) guns and even posed as dead bodies on the floor:

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/world/article/children-reenact-gallipoli-in-austrian-mosque

Kurz and the ÖVP-FPÖ government have decided to look into the matter at their government council meeting today.

It is even possible that ATIB (Turkish-Islamic Cultural Association) might be dissolved because of the incident.

https://derstandard.at/2000078181387/ATIB-Moschee-Regierung-prueft-Schritte-bis-hin-zur-Aufloesung

Why the hell is Austria even subsidizing Islamic organizations?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »

I'm generally in agreement with you on these things, but I don't understand why this is a big deal.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 11:41:53 PM »

I'm generally in agreement with you on these things, but I don't understand why this is a big deal.

ATIB (the Turkish Verein = organisation) wasn't that controversial until Erdogan turned into a full-blown Islamo-Fascist or Islamic version of Hitler and was therefore subsidized by Austria or the city of Vienna.

Recently, ATIB acted as the prolonged arm of Erdogan in Austria and as his secret service within our state to spy on Kurds and regime critics even here - which is clearly illegal. Not to mention the other excesses that I have posted about above. He's virtually recruiting kids and adults to turn them into his extremist foot-soldiers in countries abroad, which would be illegal and not tolerated in any country.

The state prosecution office in Vienna has now started investigating the spy thing, as well as the mosque incidents - after even the former Green (!) Peter Pilz filed a lawsuit against the Erdogan-organisation.

This could finally lead to dissolving the ATIB, which of course is long overdue.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 10:24:14 AM »

ATIB (the Turkish Verein = organisation) wasn't that controversial until Erdogan turned into a full-blown Islamo-Fascist or Islamic version of Hitler and was therefore subsidized by Austria or the city of Vienna.

Recently, ATIB acted as the prolonged arm of Erdogan in Austria and as his secret service within our state to spy on Kurds and regime critics even here - which is clearly illegal. Not to mention the other excesses that I have posted about above. He's virtually recruiting kids and adults to turn them into his extremist foot-soldiers in countries abroad, which would be illegal and not tolerated in any country.

The state prosecution office in Vienna has now started investigating the spy thing, as well as the mosque incidents - after even the former Green (!) Peter Pilz filed a lawsuit against the Erdogan-organisation.

This could finally lead to dissolving the ATIB, which of course is long overdue.

The government should not be subsidizing religious organizations, and especially ones that actively harm the nation. 
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 06:24:29 PM »

Have you ever seen one or two or three Turks or other Arabs who are alpine skiers, snowboarders or do cross-country skiing ?

so skiing is an innate part of the Austrian identity? if you don't want to ride something down a snowy mountain then you get deported?

furthermore, in general why would a muslim in austria go out of their way to do something surrounded by white people just for the sake of "assimilation" when those white people will just be thinking this about them anyway:

parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 06:35:58 PM »

It's funny cos you see loads of arabs and muslims skiing in Switzerland.

In fact a well timed avalanche in Klosters would probably wipe out half the Saudi royal family, just in case anyone wants to go there and yell really loudly.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 05:06:56 AM »

Have you ever seen one or two or three Turks or other Arabs who are alpine skiers, snowboarders or do cross-country skiing ?

so skiing is an innate part of the Austrian identity? if you don't want to ride something down a snowy mountain then you get deported?

furthermore, in general why would a muslim in austria go out of their way to do something surrounded by white people just for the sake of "assimilation" when those white people will just be thinking this about them anyway:

It's not helpful for a society if large swathes of Muslim immigrants (more than 95%) are not taking up the local customs of our society, such as alpine skiing, snowboarding or cross-country skiing and continue to live in their own, backwards parallel culture. In the long term, this is changing a society completely. Why would anyone want such a transformation of society ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 05:07:50 AM »

More than 90% of Austrians want the ATIB (Erdogan's extremist spy agency in Austria) dissolved:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 05:15:33 AM »
« Edited: May 28, 2018, 08:39:51 AM by Gustaf »

It's funny cos you see loads of arabs and muslims skiing in Switzerland.

In fact a well timed avalanche in Klosters would probably wipe out half the Saudi royal family, just in case anyone wants to go there and yell really loudly.

You are talking about a few, wealthy tourists from the Arab region, who have never seen snow in their lives. Also, these tend to be the more educated folks (roughly 5% of Muslims).

I'm talking more about the 95% impoverished Muslims that are immigrating here and are mostly here to stay, who continue to live in their parallel world and don't give much a damn about integrating.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 05:29:47 AM »

so these people are ok with moving to place that thinks this way, but recreation is just a bridge too far?  That doesn't make any sense, like at all.

"I came here and everybody seems to think I'm part of a secret 5th colomn, that's not a problem for me but I'm not going to go down to the park to play basketball with the locals becuase they will think I'm part of a secret 5th colomn.  So I'll just stay with my own people and keep doing the same things I've always done.  Eventually the locals will get used to us, right?  Is it time to play goat head football yet?"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 06:50:15 AM »

It's not helpful for a society if large swathes of Muslim immigrants (more than 95%) are not taking up the local customs of our society, such as alpine skiing, snowboarding or cross-country skiing and continue to live in their own, backwards parallel culture

That must be the dumbest argument I've heard in a while.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 07:26:05 AM »

It's not helpful for a society if large swathes of Muslim immigrants (more than 95%) are not taking up the local customs of our society, such as alpine skiing, snowboarding or cross-country skiing and continue to live in their own, backwards parallel culture

That must be the dumbest argument I've heard in a while.

That's easy to say for a Pole, a country with 0.1% foreigners.

But things are much different in countries with a rapidely rising Muslim and/or Arab/African population.

It would definitely be better for these immigrants to take part in Austrian, German, Swedish cultural activity as soon as they enter the country. It would be better for them and better for the local population, because if they take part they get the impression that they care about their new country's customs instead of remaining in their parallel societies. It would help in bridging the divides between the new-comers and the native population. If they flee autocratic, dictatorial regimes, why keep up their religious fundamentalism and not get rid of them and other backwards views ? Why do the Turks continue to embrace Erdogan here in Austria and teach their children to be his child warriors + learn them neo-nazi salutes ? This is not a good impression for new-comers ... and especially not for 2nd (!) or 3rd (!!) generation immigrants.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies