Some fat Republican came to my door today
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:18:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Some fat Republican came to my door today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Some fat Republican came to my door today  (Read 2087 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2005, 11:21:19 PM »

Some fat Republican dude running for the Nassau County Legislature came to my door today haning out some flyers & stuff introducing himself.  Don't remember his  name, threw out the flyer.  But first time I remember someone from either side coming to my door.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:25:17 PM »

Shame on him for coming to your door when he's so overweight.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:35:10 PM »

Well, maybe he's trying to kill 2 birds with one stone?  Get out the vote, and lose weight by walking house to house.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 11:35:31 PM »

NEVER underestimate a good ground game.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 11:39:38 PM »

NEVER underestimate a good ground game.

Unless your defensive line can stop the run cold.  Then you need to worry about the QB running a screen.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 11:45:34 PM »

Well, maybe he's trying to kill 2 birds with one stone?  Get out the vote, and lose weight by walking house to house.

Well with all the trouble the local GOP has been having latley maybe they can at least win one thing.  the fat burning game Smiley

I'm not even sure why he came here, unless the legislative districts are drawn up stranger than I thought, I could have sworn my legislative district was headed by republican Peter Schmitt- Massapequa.   His flyers  stated all this Farmingdale stuff ( I live in Mass PK, near Farmingdale).  Haven't voted for County Legislature here yet (since I was away at college in in teir elections) but could have sworn Schmitt was in my district
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 12:03:14 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2005, 12:25:03 AM by Smash255 »

Ahh ok this is a bit strange.  I just checked the legislative district map.  It looks like I am in district 14 represented by D- David Medijas- North Massapequa (has a little sliver that goes into mass Pk)

District 14
http://www.co.nassau.ny.us/legislat/LDmaps/LD14/LD14zoom.html

District 12
http://www.co.nassau.ny.us/legislat/LDmaps/LD12/LD12zoom.html[/img]

But the strange thing is my usual voting precent (at least the one where I voted last year) is in district 12

edit  I'm actually in Massapequa (though my mailing address is Mass PK) for some strange reason the borders of the town are really quirky, and their is a little sliver on the eastern portion of the Massapequa Park zipcode that is actually considered Massapequa.  My old high School for some strange reason was listed as Massapequa and had a Massapequa zipcode despite sitting DIRECTLY across the street from the Massapequa Park Post Office, and the people who live directly across the street from me are actually in the Farmingdale School District. 

Anyone know why borders can be so insanely quirky???
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 07:15:28 AM »

Ahh ok this is a bit strange.  I just checked the legislative district map.  It looks like I am in district 14 represented by D- David Medijas- North Massapequa (has a little sliver that goes into mass Pk)

District 14
http://www.co.nassau.ny.us/legislat/LDmaps/LD14/LD14zoom.html

District 12
http://www.co.nassau.ny.us/legislat/LDmaps/LD12/LD12zoom.html[/img]

But the strange thing is my usual voting precent (at least the one where I voted last year) is in district 12

edit  I'm actually in Massapequa (though my mailing address is Mass PK) for some strange reason the borders of the town are really quirky, and their is a little sliver on the eastern portion of the Massapequa Park zipcode that is actually considered Massapequa.  My old high School for some strange reason was listed as Massapequa and had a Massapequa zipcode despite sitting DIRECTLY across the street from the Massapequa Park Post Office, and the people who live directly across the street from me are actually in the Farmingdale School District. 

Who knows?  I lived in the Levittown zip code, the East Meadow school district, and the Hicksville water district.  It's a crazy scheme.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 07:43:18 AM »

When Rick Santorum first ran for the House he actually came to my parents' door.  They said he seemed like a nice guy.  If only folks had known what he would become.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 07:46:58 AM »

^^^^
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 08:05:10 AM »

That's my situation down here in Virginia.  My house is on a floating "line" between so many juristictions, it's not funny.  Even though my zip code doesn't change, my district does from time to time, as well as pizza delivery routes.  HAHAHA
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 02:32:58 PM »

This happens to me a decent amoutn of times too, usually someone looking for signatures.  If I don't like them, I make them try to convince me to sign for 15 minutes before denying them the request.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 12:39:06 AM »

The fat Republicam is Tom Sabellico
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 12:44:29 AM »

Some fat Republican dude running for the Nassau County Legislature came to my door today haning out some flyers & stuff introducing himself.  Don't remember his  name, threw out the flyer.  But first time I remember someone from either side coming to my door.

I love how it is so relevant that the guy was a fat Republican.

Some gay Democrat came to my door today. Whoops. I guess I can't say that.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 12:52:25 AM »

Well he is, he is the guy in the middle next to my dillusional congressman Peter King
http://www.antonnews.com/massapequanobserver/2005/02/25/news/sabellico.html

I'm just wondering why he would waste a time walking to a door that has a car with anti Bush stickers on it right in front of the house.  His chances of winning against the incumbent Mejias is pretty much slim, especially with Mejias close ties to the ultra popular & safe County Executive Tom Suozzi who heads the ticket.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 12:55:41 AM »

Well he is, he is the guy in the middle next to my dillusional congressman Peter King

I'm just wondering why he would waste a time walking to a door that has a car with anti Bush stickers on it right in front of the house.  His chances of winning against the incumbent Mejias is pretty much slim, especially with Mejias close ties to the ultra popular & safe County Executive Tom Suozzi who heads the ticket.

I just don't get the point about stating he is fat. If I was to say some fag Democrat came to my door, you'd be going crazy, even if he was truly gay.

I'm also wondering why he went to your door, too, or does New York allow the mentally insane vote?

By the way, you hate fat people.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 12:59:05 AM »

Are you a fattie, Phil?

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 01:00:02 AM »

I just don't get the point about stating he is fat. If I was to say some fag Democrat came to my door, you'd be going crazy, even if he was truly gay.

I'm also wondering why he went to your door, too, or does New York allow the mentally insane vote?

By the way, you hate fat people.

I was basically just saying it in jest Phil relax
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 01:08:20 AM »

I bet he is... Why don't you stop complaining and go eat another pie, Phil? After all, it's not like there will be millions of people starving while you stuff your fat face.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 01:11:47 AM »

What happened in this case is very instructive on several grounds.

First, it illustrates that the Republicans have an on the ground effort.  They did much better than the Democrats did in 2004 Presidential election in this area.

Second, since physical appearance is so important to Smash, I would like to hear his opinion of Sen. Milulski.

Third, Smash did have a partial point in that the Republican effort in his area was poorly structured as anyone who did a reasonble research job before initiating contract wouldn't have wasted time on him.

Finally, personal contact is extremely important in local elections for minor offices as the media frequely provides little coverage to candidates for those offices.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 01:13:01 AM »

I bet he is... Why don't you stop complaining and go eat another pie, Phil? After all, it's not like there will be millions of people starving while you stuff your fat face.

lol all republicans are fat white ppl
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 01:26:32 AM »

What happened in this case is very instructive on several grounds.

First, it illustrates that the Republicans have an on the ground effort.  They did much better than the Democrats did in 2004 Presidential election in this area.

Second, since physical appearance is so important to Smash, I would like to hear his opinion of Sen. Milulski.

Third, Smash did have a partial point in that the Republican effort in his area was poorly structured as anyone who did a reasonble research job before initiating contract wouldn't have wasted time on him.

Finally, personal contact is extremely important in local elections for minor offices as the media frequely provides little coverage to candidates for those offices.

Carl  Milulski is hideous looking, but if I was in Maryland I would vote for her because I agree with her on many issues.  My fat comment was basically a joke made in jest (Why would a Republican waste their time with someone who is clearly a Democrat?  Well he is fat & the extra walking helps).  Thats all it was, just a little joke
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005, 03:32:03 AM »

yes you can; i'd just call you ignorant or something. Smash, you're stupid.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2005, 11:43:45 AM »

That one had me cracking up for a few minutes. Thank you (and I really mean it). I've posted my picture before on the forum and I am not fat. The reason why I said Smash hates fat people was to blast him the way he'd obviously blast me if I said some fag Democrat came to my door.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2005, 03:55:47 PM »

That one had me cracking up for a few minutes. Thank you (and I really mean it). I've posted my picture before on the forum and I am not fat. The reason why I said Smash hates fat people was to blast him the way he'd obviously blast me if I said some fag Democrat came to my door.

I hardly think the term 'fat' is as pejorative as 'fag'.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies