CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:19:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Poll
Question: Does Feinstein win Orange County?
Feinstein wins regardless of opponent

Yes vs. R or no-name D, no vs. KDL

Yes vs. R, no vs. any D

Yes vs. D, no vs. R

Feinstein loses regardless of opponent

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: CA-SEN: Feinstein has two GOP endorsements  (Read 22196 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2018, 09:33:34 PM »

That is a very bad sign. Candidates who lose their own state or district are definitely not the best candidates. What are the predictions here as to how the Feinstein vs. De Leon race will look like in November? Will California Republicans who don't leave their Senate spot on the ballot blank back Feinstein, because she is the entrenched incumbent and more to the center? And are there any counties that De Leon might have a chance of winning?
De Leon could win Imperial or Humboldt, though not guaranteed. My Republican relatives will all vote for Feinstein.

I see. Why are Californians so invested in Feinstein, if I may ask? She is 85 years old, and has been in the Senate for more than a quarter of a century. Is seniority really more important than having someone who reflects your state's political stances?
Feinstein is still popular in California. Only a vocal minority of Democrats oppose Feinstein.

That makes sense. Many of those who post on this forum would, I assume, fit into this category. The Atlas community does have a tendency of taking political positions that depart from the views held by most voters. But I still think concerns about Feinstein's age and health are valid ones. In my opinion, no Senator should be in office much past the age of 70. One of the greatest failings of our Founding Fathers is that they did not impose term limits. I think our politics would work much better if people like Feinstein, Grassley, Leahy, Inhofe, Hatch, McConnell, etc. were no longer in office.

But in any case, if the voters in California are satisfied with Feinstein's performance, than it is their right to reelect her. Do you think Feinstein will be able to reach 70% of the vote? And will she carry every congressional district in the state?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2018, 09:37:51 PM »

I think politicians that are too good at their job should be replaced by naive suckers who can be more easily taken advantage of by lobbyists. I chew my own cud.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2018, 11:27:48 PM »

I knew the primary polls showing de Leon breaking 15% were junk.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2018, 06:57:34 AM »

That is a very bad sign. Candidates who lose their own state or district are definitely not the best candidates. What are the predictions here as to how the Feinstein vs. De Leon race will look like in November? Will California Republicans who don't leave their Senate spot on the ballot blank back Feinstein, because she is the entrenched incumbent and more to the center? And are there any counties that De Leon might have a chance of winning?
De Leon could win Imperial or Humboldt, though not guaranteed. My Republican relatives will all vote for Feinstein.

I see. Why are Californians so invested in Feinstein, if I may ask? She is 85 years old, and has been in the Senate for more than a quarter of a century. Is seniority really more important than having someone who reflects your state's political stances?

Because you're an evil sexist white-privileged cis-male if you oppose her or her godawful policies.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2018, 07:52:48 AM »

Because you're an evil sexist white-privileged cis-male if you oppose her or her godawful policies.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »

Feinstein is still popular in California. Only a vocal minority of Democrats oppose Feinstein.

That makes sense. Many of those who post on this forum would, I assume, fit into this category. The Atlas community does have a tendency of taking political positions that depart from the views held by most voters. But I still think concerns about Feinstein's age and health are valid ones. In my opinion, no Senator should be in office much past the age of 70. One of the greatest failings of our Founding Fathers is that they did not impose term limits. I think our politics would work much better if people like Feinstein, Grassley, Leahy, Inhofe, Hatch, McConnell, etc. were no longer in office.

But in any case, if the voters in California are satisfied with Feinstein's performance, than it is their right to reelect her. Do you think Feinstein will be able to reach 70% of the vote? And will she carry every congressional district in the state?

Bringing this forward, as I am genuinely curious about these questions.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2018, 01:35:40 AM »

This isn't a surprise. I live in this district, and like most people I interact with, I voted Feinstein.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2018, 02:55:28 AM »

Keep in mind that compared to Sanchez, De Leon's distribution is a bit more widespread [I don't recall Sanchez clearing 20% in San Francisco after all], and the GOP didn't make the same mistake and rallied around Bradley quickly.

And finally, Feinstein has the power of incumbency, but she still didn't get the endorsement like Harris did.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2018, 08:18:47 AM »

Keep in mind that compared to Sanchez, De Leon's distribution is a bit more widespread [I don't recall Sanchez clearing 20% in San Francisco after all], and the GOP didn't make the same mistake and rallied around Bradley quickly.

And finally, Feinstein has the power of incumbency, but she still didn't get the endorsement like Harris did.

The difference on the endorsement was that Harris was the more left-wing candidate in her race.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2018, 02:00:58 PM »

I voted for her in the primary and will do so again in Nov; she's the more moderate of the two
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »

Feinstein cracking 70% wouldn't surprise me at all. De Leon just doesn't have a constituency. Democrats seem to have no major appetite for dumping Feinstein and Republicans will either not vote or back her as the lesser of two evils.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2018, 09:42:04 PM by ERM64man »

I wonder if Feinstein wins every county.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2018, 09:35:40 PM »

I wonder if Feinstein wins every county.
probably
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2018, 10:17:01 PM »

If Feinstein wins every county, she will be the first to do it since Thomas Kuchel in 1962.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2018, 11:37:53 PM »

De Leon is not getting any traction among Hispanic voters. His only appeal seems to be among some white liberals, and that seems like the recipe for losing every single county.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »

Maybe not Imperial.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2018, 02:04:55 PM »

The fact that you said "maybe" and the fact that I agree that it isn't guaranteed is why De Leon is screwed.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »

Does de Leon do worse than Elizabeth Emken in 2012?
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2018, 02:36:29 PM »

Does de Leon do worse than Elizabeth Emken in 2012?

Probably, I'm not sure if even Kevin De leon can wins 25% of the vote!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2018, 10:19:25 AM »

Democratic primary voters are useless, pathetic pro-incumbent hacks. News at 11.

I really do wish we could take a page from the GOP. Say what you want about Christine O'Donnell and Richard Mourdock, but at least their values matched those of their voters.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:19 AM »

Democratic primary voters are useless, pathetic pro-incumbent hacks. News at 11.

I really do wish we could take a page from the GOP. Say what you want about Christine O'Donnell and Richard Mourdock, but at least their values matched those of their voters.

Awful, awful rhetoric. I’m digusted and appalled to see the wonderful voters of California demonized by the elites, but I’m not surprised.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2018, 10:29:06 AM »

Awful, awful rhetoric. I’m digusted and appalled to see the wonderful voters of California demonized by the elites, but I’m not surprised.

Oh, it's not just California. Democrats everywhere are like that. We are and remain the inept, complacent party.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »

We will continue to nominate candidates we feel represent the Democratic Party the best.

I remember I was told by Bernie supporters not to vilify the voters, especially those who might be inclined to support your side. Truly revolting stuff taking place here. Try winning elections rather than resorting to this.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2018, 01:36:10 PM »

Voters in California still support Feinstein. Notice that it's mostly just white liberals who don't like Feinstein.
James Monroe

« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2018, 01:57:31 PM »

Voters in California still support Feinstein. Notice that it's mostly just white liberals who don't like Feinstein.

Far leftists just hate Feinstein. Feinstein couldn't be more popular as senator cross demographics. Even Republicans are fine with having her as senator.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies