Suicidal attack in Münster, Germany. 3 dead, 30 injured.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:25:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Suicidal attack in Münster, Germany. 3 dead, 30 injured.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Suicidal attack in Münster, Germany. 3 dead, 30 injured.  (Read 1908 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
« edited: April 08, 2018, 12:57:43 AM by Ἅιδης »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43683687

Three people, among them the perpetrator, have been killed in the city of Muenster, in western Germany, after a van drove into pedestrians.
The driver of the vehicle has killed himself, police said, without providing further details. They are not looking for more suspects.

About 30 people are reported injured in the incident, which occurred near the Kiepenkerl statue in the old town. Some are said to be in a serious condition.

Police have closed the area and asked people to avoid the city center.

The driver has shot himself.

Münster is a city in the north of North Rhine-Westfalia with about 310,000 inhabitants, 55,000 of which are students. Münster is said to be the bicycle-friedliest cit of Germany.

Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »

Just 4 dead, nothing noteworthy really.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »

There is supposed to be a suspicious item in the vehicle.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 11:33:55 AM »

Some witnesses say there's a second perpetrator, who however could flee.
But I guess that's fake news.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 11:36:26 AM »

3, 2, 1 ... let the right-wing Fake News begin.

My thoughts and condolences go out to all these who lost a close person and my thanks goes to the law enforcement and emergency personnel for their quick response. I hope the case gets investigated properly and - if necessary - the right consequences will be taken.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 11:43:06 AM »

It seems the perpetrator is a 50-year old German.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »

Where did you get that information from?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 11:49:21 AM »

But being a "German" is relative ...

It could also be a German with Turkish background, because a Kurdish demonstration was planned in the afternoon.

So, everything is still possible. It could also be a right-leaning Wutbürger or something.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 11:50:40 AM »

Where did you get that information from?

On CNN, that hot blonde woman with the thick Australian accent (can't remember her name) was talking with the editor of BILD newspaper, who provided that news.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 11:59:33 AM »

The "Süddeutsche" newspaper has more:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/muenster-auto-faehrt-in-menschenmenge-tote-und-verletzte-1.3935533

"The suspect is ... a German, who had psychological problems."
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 12:03:02 PM »

The "Süddeutsche" newspaper has more:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/muenster-auto-faehrt-in-menschenmenge-tote-und-verletzte-1.3935533

"The suspect is ... a German, who had psychological problems."

Ah, okay.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »

According to the ZDF, the German man (born in 1969) already had attempted suicide a while ago.

And because this didn't work for him, now 3 people had to die with him and many injured ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 12:15:35 PM »

Ἅιδης, you should probably change your thread title to "extended suicide/(attack)" or something.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 12:20:18 PM »

According to the ZDF, the German man (born in 1969) already had attempted suicide a while ago.

And because this didn't work for him, now 3 people had to die with him and many injured ...

Pretty sad. Actually the same with the thugs who run into schools and start shooting.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 12:23:05 PM »

That's disgusting. I wonder how the peaceable Muslims must have felt. Not to mention the relatives of the victims and the people who were lucky enough not to have sat at those tables.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 12:25:27 PM »

This attack is also very similar to the 2015 Graz attack:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=214733.0
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 12:34:24 PM »

The homicidal/suicidal perpetrator is a so-called "Jens R.", so definitely not a Turk (as I have speculated above because of the planned Kurdish demonstration).

Jens is an arch-German name. Almost in the same league as Olaf, Detlef or Heinz-Rüdiger.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 12:45:00 PM »

The homicidal/suicidal perpetrator is a so-called "Jens R.", so definitely not a Turk (as I have speculated above because of the planned Kurdish demonstration).

Jens is an arch-German name. Almost in the same league as Olaf, Detlef or Heinz-Rüdiger.

It's still a terrorist attack to me, albeit not an Islamist one. Jens R. wanted to instill fear and terror in the public community in order to draw attention. He was disgusting and I'm glad he's dead. 🤬
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

It's still a terrorist attack to me, albeit not an Islamist one. Jens R. wanted to instill fear and terror in the public community in order to draw attention. He was disgusting and I'm glad he's dead. 🤬

"Terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political, religious or economic aims."

While the first part is true, the second one is not (yet).

The German pilot who crashed the plane in France, was he a terrorist or just a guy with psychological issues ?
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »

From the news reports I’ve seen on CNN, we don’t know the identity or motives of the suspect, and if it turns out he’s of Turkish ancestry, even someone as Left-Leaning as myself would have to admit its time for Germany to restrict it’s Middle Eastern Immigration, in order to stop themselves from turning into France (as someone of 50% German ancestry, I know most of my German relatives would be horrified to see their country look like France). Personally, I support immigration to the United States, because the US is not a Nation-State, and almost everyone living in the US (besides the Native Americans), is descended from Colonists (the English Americans), Slaves (the African Americans), and immigrants (everyone else), who came to the country in the last 400 years. However, European countries like Germany, England, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even France, have traditionally been Nation-States defined by ethnic groups that have inhabited those countries for over a thousand years or longer. Does it really make sense for these countries to have massive amounts of immigration change the identity of these countries that have been around for so long?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 12:52:15 PM »

From the news reports I’ve seen on CNN, we don’t know the identity or motives of the suspect, and if it turns out he’s of Turkish ancestry, even someone as Left-Leaning as myself would have to admit its time for Germany to restrict it’s Middle Eastern Immigration, in order to stop themselves from turning into France (as someone of 50% German ancestry, I know most of my German relatives would be horrified to see their country look like France). Personally, I support immigration to the United States, because the US is not a Nation-State, and almost everyone living in the US (besides the Native Americans), is descended from Colonists (the English Americans), Slaves (the African Americans), and immigrants (everyone else), who came to the country in the last 400 years. However, European countries like Germany, England, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and even France, have traditionally been Nation-States defined by ethnic groups that have inhabited those countries for over a thousand years or longer. Does it really make sense for these countries to have massive amounts of immigration change the identity of these countries that have been around for so long?

I have already posted above that he's not of Turkish origin. He's 100% German.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 12:55:33 PM »

"Terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political, religious or economic aims."

While the first part is true, the second one is not (yet).

The German pilot who crashed the plane in France, was he a terrorist or just a guy with psychological issues ?

That's a very tough question. I think the pilot wasn't aware that he was about to kill innocent life. Such a situation is very hard to understand for someone without his sick line of thinking.
Jens R. however deliberately wanted to kill other people and he wanted to make it look like an Islamist attack (it wouldn't have been the first van attack). I think that's the difference between those two cases.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 12:58:24 PM »

No, it was really a German without any migration background.
Sorry for thinking it was an Islamist attack, but please don't blame me; it wouldn't have been the first time that an Islamist killed innocent people with the means of a van, not even in Germany. Sorry! 😳
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »

The suspicious item in the van is still not identified.
Passersby shan't come closer to the vehicle less than 300 meter.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies