Shri Thanedar?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:46:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Shri Thanedar?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Shri Thanedar?  (Read 7108 times)
Theodore
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 01:28:01 PM »

I sure hope so he is our best chance
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »

He's another billionaire trying to buy an election like Pritzker. Hard, hard pass.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »

Whitmer > Abdul >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanedar
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »

Abdul>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the other two

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 10:55:58 PM »

Hmm.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 11:17:10 PM »

Whitmer > Abdul >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanedar
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 11:23:40 PM »

Sounds like this California Democratic Party epic fail.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_election_musical_chairs#March_30,_1999:_special_run-off_State_Assembly_election
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 03:50:15 PM »

The Illinois Democratic party nominated some corrupt billionaire for governor, so I'm sure Michigan is perfectly capable of nominating someone terrible too.

Thandear is horrible in the worst sort of way - an ideological chameleon who's trying to buy an election. But I find it a little disturbing how much overlap there is in the "JB's the nominee; you've got to support him" crowd with the "Thanedar is terrible; I'll never support him" crowd, specifically in media and the twittersphere. The two seem almost identical to me. Plus, when you consider opponents, Bruce Rauner is an infinitely better choice than Schutte...
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »

Gotta find some way to tie this to Teh E5+@bL1shm3nt!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »

The Illinois Democratic party nominated some corrupt billionaire for governor, so I'm sure Michigan is perfectly capable of nominating someone terrible too.

Thandear is horrible in the worst sort of way - an ideological chameleon who's trying to buy an election. But I find it a little disturbing how much overlap there is in the "JB's the nominee; you've got to support him" crowd with the "Thanedar is terrible; I'll never support him" crowd, specifically in media and the twittersphere. The two seem almost identical to me. Plus, when you consider opponents, Bruce Rauner is an infinitely better choice than Schutte...
That's because Thanedar could take the nomination away from their anointed neoliberal, Gretchen Whitmer (who, I will admit, I like much more than Pritzker).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »

That's because Thanedar could take the nomination away from their anointed neoliberal, Gretchen Whitmer (who, I will admit, I like much more than Pritzker).

You...err...know that Whitmer isn't a neoliberal by any remote stretch of the imagination, right?  Calling her a neoliberal makes about as much sense as calling Bob Casey "Santorum 2.0" due to his views on abortion or calling Paul Ryan's tax bill "fiscally conservative" just because it included tax cuts.  Come to think of it, I suspect Pritzker isn't really one either (although IDK for sure in his case).  Neoliberal doesn't mean "any person who either has a lot of money and/or is supported by the Democratic establishment." 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »

MI is a Tossup, not a lean race without Whittier.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »

You...err...know that Whitmer isn't a neoliberal by any remote stretch of the imagination, right?  Calling her a neoliberal makes about as much sense as calling Bob Casey "Santorum 2.0" due to his views on abortion or calling Paul Ryan's tax bill "fiscally conservative" just because it included tax cuts.  Come to think of it, I suspect Pritzker isn't really one either (although IDK for sure in his case).  Neoliberal doesn't mean "any person who either has a lot of money and/or is supported by the Democratic establishment." 
Yeah, yeah, I know.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »

Yeah, yeah, I know.

Sorry if I got a little ornery btw; the misuse of that term is fast becoming a pet peeve of mine Tongue
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »

Pritzker isn't a neolib. If anything, Bruce Rauner fits the quote-unquote textbook definition of a neoliberal better - decreased government spending, privatization, higher private sector involvement.

Re: Whitmer, she's a fine candidate. Probably the most likely Democrat  to win election (who is running... I firmly believe Duggan would wipe the floor with Schutte, but he isn't running so it isn't a relevant question) although I do suspect Michigan could do better. If I recall my Michigan inside baseball correctly, Whitmer was seen as the more progressive candidate in the invisible primary for Senate, contrasted with the more centrist Peters.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »

You're correct that it doesn't mean that, but it doesn't mean what you think it means either.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2018, 02:11:05 PM »

You're correct that it doesn't mean that, but it doesn't mean what you think it means either.

Okay, I’ll bite.  What do you think I think it means?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2018, 09:17:01 AM »

JFC GET THIS GUY THE F OUT OF HERE

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shri-thanedar-animals-rescued-from-lab_us_5ae12c41e4b055fd7fc7be6c
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »

Oh my god..

Please can the Democratic Primary voters have brains unlike R Primary voters and stop this guy?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2018, 10:08:37 AM »

He's leading 29-26 over Whitmer in a new poll. I can't link it now, but search it on twitter.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »

He's leading 29-26 over Whitmer in a new poll. I can't link it now, but search it on twitter.

Ok, Andrew Roll Eyes
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2018, 11:26:32 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2018, 11:31:47 AM by LimoLiberal »

Ok, Andrew Roll Eyes

http://1419891vq14j2fapah1bpghjzyq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Democratic-Primary-Survey-Report-Governors-Race.pdf

Glengariff April 20-22

http://1419891vq14j2fapah1bpghjzyq.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Democratic-Primary-Survey-Report-Governors-Race.pdf

Thanedar - 30
Whitmer - 26
El-Sayed - 6

31% undecided.

Now stop with this Andrew sh**t.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2018, 11:32:02 AM »

Whitmer needs to start running ads, now. As in pronto.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »

Ok, Andrew Roll Eyes

Wait, what did I do? LOL

You just won this thread Tongue
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »

Not to explode this thread too much with the shrapnel of the Hoyer thread, but this race is absolutely one in which the party should weigh in against a candidate with little chance of winning the general - Thanedar. He's an abysmal candidate, with little discernable ideological base/lane who's only winning because $$. Nominating Thanedar would be throwing away a winnable governor's mansion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies