Shri Thanedar?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:42:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Shri Thanedar?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Shri Thanedar?  (Read 7104 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »

If he's the nom can he win?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 02:39:06 PM »

Nope, he’s an awful candidate who is literally only running to annoy the state party.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »

The only reason he’s ahead is because he’s poured $5.7 million of his own money into the race. He was the first candidate in general to start advertising, before any other Democrat or Republican. Considering he said that he was only running to piss off the establishment, he had to have changed his mind, as nearly $6 million is not chump change.

Brian Calley just recently started running ads, while the GOP frontrunner, Bill Schuette, hasn’t started yet. It appears that both Whitmer and Schuette are both hoarding cash to prepare for a food fight in the general election, both just assuming that they can Hillary Clinton their way to their party’s nominations over the objections of their respective party bases.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 04:55:40 PM »

The only reason he’s ahead is because he’s poured $5.7 million of his own money into the race. He was the first candidate in general to start advertising, before any other Democrat or Republican. Considering he said that he was only running to piss off the establishment, he had to have changed his mind, as nearly $6 million is not chump change.

Brian Calley just recently started running ads, while the GOP frontrunner, Bill Schuette, hasn’t started yet. It appears that both Whitmer and Schuette are both hoarding cash to prepare for a food fight in the general election, both just assuming that they can Hillary Clinton their way to their party’s nominations over the objections of their respective party bases.

I also think that its still early / not too late to spend the money for the primary. June and July will be when the races are won.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2018, 05:59:28 PM by BernieBro »

Thanedar is awful. And he would by far be the weakest in the general and would probably lose
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 06:00:31 PM »

On October 24, 2017, Thanedar said this to the Detroit News:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 06:21:30 PM »

On October 24, 2017, Thanedar said this to the Detroit News:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah... No.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 07:10:46 PM »

Literally who?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »

MI, PA, WI, MN, IL tilt D and will be going to the Democratic nominee.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 10:34:15 PM »

Shri Thanedar is a lying fraud (who's actually being sued for fraud). The only reason he's leading right now is because he's been saturating the airwaves, and he's only saturating the airwaves because he has so much goddamn money.

The man holds no true political positions according to this in-depth look at him: https://theintercept.com/2018/04/06/shri-thanedar-michigan-millionaire-bernie-sanders-republican/

And is willing to say anything to anyone: https://theintercept.com/2018/03/27/michigan-governor-race-shri-thanedar/

(I know it's The Intercept, I'm not a huge fan of Greenwald either, but this is good journalism)

He claims to be the most progressive candidate but denigrates them when talking to advisors. He's just a billionaire who's looking for the easiest way to get his name in the papers and the state funded security detail and mansion so he can schmooze with other rich powerful people. He would be a disaster as governor and after eight years of the poisoner Rick Snyder in office Michiganders need someone who actually cares about the state, which still has real problems. Thanedar is only in it for himself.

I hate him and would not vote for him.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 09:06:27 AM »

Shri Thanedar is a lying fraud (who's actually being sued for fraud). The only reason he's leading right now is because he's been saturating the airwaves, and he's only saturating the airwaves because he has so much goddamn money.

The man holds no true political positions according to this in-depth look at him: https://theintercept.com/2018/04/06/shri-thanedar-michigan-millionaire-bernie-sanders-republican/

And is willing to say anything to anyone: https://theintercept.com/2018/03/27/michigan-governor-race-shri-thanedar/

(I know it's The Intercept, I'm not a huge fan of Greenwald either, but this is good journalism)

He claims to be the most progressive candidate but denigrates them when talking to advisors. He's just a billionaire who's looking for the easiest way to get his name in the papers and the state funded security detail and mansion so he can schmooze with other rich powerful people. He would be a disaster as governor and after eight years of the poisoner Rick Snyder in office Michiganders need someone who actually cares about the state, which still has real problems. Thanedar is only in it for himself.

IIRC he's not leading right now, fortunately.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 09:20:13 AM »

MI, PA, WI, MN, IL tilt D and will be going to the Democratic nominee.

BLUE COLLARS last RODEO before reappropriation.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 06:38:13 PM »

He lead the last poll, but has been polling in the 20’s all year with Whitmer not too comfortably ahead.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 08:08:47 PM »

He lead the last poll, but has been polling in the 20’s all year with Whitmer not too comfortably ahead.

Thanks, Sandernistas
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »

Thanks, Sandernistas

All of the Sanders alumni involved in this race back Abdul and absolutely despise Thanedar, FTR. Thanedar is doing so well because he's taking the Tom Wolf '14 strategy of using their personal wealth to absolute flood the airwaves well before any of their opponents do.

Andrew’s right. You’re off the mark on this one, X.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 11:31:14 PM »

Shri’s spending might be more useful if his ads were actually good, but if anybody actually saw them, they’d be more likely to vote against him. At the end of the day, I think Whitmer will win easily. Detroit’s black voter bloc will break heavily for her, and I don’t see either Abdul or Thanedar getting much traction in the white suburban and rural parts of Michigan.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 12:26:25 AM »

Shri’s spending might be more useful if his ads were actually good, but if anybody actually saw them, they’d be more likely to vote against him. At the end of the day, I think Whitmer will win easily. Detroit’s black voter bloc will break heavily for her, and I don’t see either Abdul or Thanedar getting much traction in the white suburban and rural parts of Michigan.
Well, obviously people are seeing the ads and choosing him in the polls we have received recently.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 08:50:57 AM »

Well, obviously people are seeing the ads and choosing him in the polls we have received recently.

He’s literally only been in relevant in one internal poll. You could get yourself leading a primary in any internal poll, if you can find a company shady enough to do so.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »

He’s literally only been in relevant in one internal poll. You could get yourself leading a primary in any internal poll, if you can find a company shady enough to do so.

Wrong. He’s been in the 20’s for a while now, and Whitmer isn't that far ahead.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »

Think of the people who are going to vote in the Democratic primary. They’ee probablg something like 75% white, 20% black, and 5% other. I can’t see an Indian guy with shady business dealings and no sensible platform or ideology winning over a substantial portion of either racial group. If he were like Aftab Purebval, I could see it happening, but throwing money at the problem isn’t always the solution if the candidate is sh**t in the first place (Look at Kathaleen Wall in Texas or David Trone in Maryland, they spent millions of their own money to lose a CONGRESSIONAL primary, never a statewide election).
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »

Thanks, Sandernistas
Roll Eyes
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 02:53:00 PM »

The Illinois Democratic party nominated some corrupt billionaire for governor, so I'm sure Michigan is perfectly capable of nominating someone terrible too.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 03:38:22 PM »

The Illinois Democratic party nominated some corrupt billionaire for governor, so I'm sure Michigan is perfectly capable of nominating someone terrible too.

"A Republican won an election in Wyoming so I'm sure New York is capable of electing a Republican too."

Impeccable logic.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »

Thanks, Sandernistas

All of the Sanders alumni involved in this race back Abdul and absolutely despise Thanedar, FTR. Thanedar is doing so well because he's taking the Tom Wolf '14 strategy of using their personal wealth to absolute flood the airwaves well before any of their opponents do.

In that case, I guess I can't really blame them for Thaneder, my bad.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 09:23:34 AM »

Abdul is definitely better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to: