Arnold's approvals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:06:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arnold's approvals
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arnold's approvals  (Read 3321 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2005, 05:15:53 PM »
« edited: September 20, 2005, 05:21:04 PM by "Brownie, You're Doing A Heck Of A Job" »

Vetoing that gay marriage bill and announcing he's running for re-election didn't work out too well for him.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollTrack.aspx?g=17e0cb75-25b8-4e2d-b222-8cb4ce9db267

Hasta la vista, Arnold.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 07:32:21 PM »

If SurveyUSA's internals are to be trusted (which in some cases, I don't think they are), Arnold is hemorrhaging among non-college graduates.

This seems strange to me, since you'd think that this would be the group that would least mind vetoing the gay marriage bill.

There has to be something to it other than the gay marriage bill...you just don't get 2:1 disapproval that easily.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:35:08 PM »

If SurveyUSA's internals are to be trusted (which in some cases, I don't think they are), Arnold is hemorrhaging among non-college graduates.

This seems strange to me, since you'd think that this would be the group that would least mind vetoing the gay marriage bill.

There has to be something to it other than the gay marriage bill...you just don't get 2:1 disapproval that easily.

They obviously hate him for other reasons, like his cutting money for bus systems, teachers, nurses, and so on. The gay marriage thing might have hurt him with some libertarians. He's now doing absolutely terrible amoung liberals and blacks, and pretty bad amoung people under 35.

Yeah, he's really lost a lot of support recently amoung those who haven't been to college and men. There's almost no gender gap any more.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 05:27:12 AM »

Majority of californians is against gay marriage isn't it?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 05:31:00 AM »

Majority of californians is against gay marriage isn't it?

No. It has a 46%-46% split.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 10:02:23 PM »

Arnold's approval has moved 4 points.  The margin of error in the poll is 4 points.

Just letting you know.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 10:16:50 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2005, 10:19:01 PM by Alcon »

Arnold's approval has moved 4 points.  The margin of error in the poll is 4 points.

Just letting you know.

I think the bigger concern for the Governor is that he has an almost 2-to-1 disapproval, which is a bit out of the 4% MoE.

Also, John, if you look at the polling dates, you'll notice that two of them are three days apart (the last two).  If you want meaningful numbers, look at the difference between the latest numbers and the one from a month ago - and his disapproval has gone up 9 points, and his approval down 5.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 10:53:40 PM »

Just letting you know.

If you ignore the 9/16 poll and compare 8/15 to 9/19, his approval has dropped 5 points, and his disapproval has gone up a statistically significant 9 points.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 10:55:25 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2005, 08:04:29 AM by Alcon »

Is there any way to calculate the MoE of the approve-disapprove split?

(This may be an incredibly dumb question - I am completely exhausted.)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 11:24:42 PM »

Just letting you know.

I think the bigger concern for the Governor is that he has an almost 2-to-1 disapproval, which is a bit out of the 4% MoE.

Also, John, if you look at the polling dates, you'll notice that two of them are three days apart (the last two).  If you want meaningful numbers, look at the difference between the latest numbers and the one from a month ago - and his disapproval has gone up 9 points, and his approval down 5.

I'm just saying, don't read too much into it.  People tend to do that with polls.

Also, Pete Wilson had NEARLY IDENTICAL NUMBERS at this point in 1993, and a far stronger opponent than any that Arnold faces (The Bill Clinton story notwithstanding).
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »

Just letting you know.

I'm just saying, don't read too much into it.  People tend to do that with polls.

Also, Pete Wilson had NEARLY IDENTICAL NUMBERS at this point in 1993, and a far stronger opponent than any that Arnold faces (The Bill Clinton story notwithstanding).

Granted Wilson's #'s were in the same range & he did win.  But the fact is Arnold's #'s right now are very ppor, and while things can change it doesn't look good for him
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 11:29:12 PM »

Is there any way to calculate the MoE of the approve-disapprove split?

(This may be an incredibly dub question - I am completely exhausted.)
To be safe, double it. The MOE might be slightly less than that stated, since neither is near 50% (which gives the largest MOE).

Just letting you know.

Maybe his approvals were this low, but were his disapprovals this high?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 11:42:31 AM »

I'd like to think that this holds true. Hasta la vista, gimmick Smiley

Dave
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 08:11:42 PM »

Arnold is actually less popular than Bush in CA.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 04:07:54 PM »

Vetoing "Gay Marriage" is one of the few things Schwarzenegger has done right. 

Good for him!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 11:43:23 PM »

Vetoing "Gay Marriage" is one of the few things Schwarzenegger has done right. 

Good for him!

Yes, it was definitely worth not having gay marriage for another 18 months to have his disapprovals go up 9 points.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies