Holocaust survivor, 84, stabbed and burnt to death in France
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:01:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Holocaust survivor, 84, stabbed and burnt to death in France
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Holocaust survivor, 84, stabbed and burnt to death in France  (Read 1075 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2018, 07:17:17 AM »

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180326/paris-anti-semitism-fears-over-brutal-murder-of-85-year-old-holocaust-survivor

Horrifying stuff. Apparently she treated one of the scumbags that killed her "like a son" as well, making it all the more tragic.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:48:47 AM »

Disgusting.

Reminds me of the brutal killing of an old couple in Linz by a Muslim immigrant, because he hated the FPÖ and thought they were FPÖ-voters. In fact, the old couple gave the man money so he could make a living ...
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:55:23 AM »

Disgusting.

Reminds me of the brutal killing of an old couple in Linz by a Muslim immigrant, because he hated the FPÖ and thought they were FPÖ-voters. In fact, the old couple gave the man money so he could make a living ...
This article makes no mention of the race or religion of the suspects however, so I'd be careful before you assume they must be savage foreigners who are invading Europe.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 10:58:31 AM »

Disgusting.

This article makes no mention of the race or religion of the suspects however, so I'd be careful before you assume they must be savage foreigners who are invading Europe.

Did you even read the link I have posted ?

It says "Tunisian man" who "radicalized himself over the past years and sympathized with IS and shared their materials online".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 11:16:22 AM »
« Edited: March 28, 2018, 11:20:07 AM by Tender Branson »

Also, the 2 suspects in the killing of the French woman were French with a Maghreb immigration background ... and Muslims. But these facts are often not released by the politically-correct media because it is "not helpful or desirable news" and therefore is kept in the dark.

Many anti-semitic crimes in Europe (if not a majority of them) these days are committed by Muslims.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »

Also, the 2 suspects in the killing of the French woman were French with a Maghreb immigration background ... and Muslims. But these facts are often not released by the politically-correct media because it is "not helpful news".

Many anti-semitic crimes in Europe (if not a majority of them) these days are committed by Muslims.

Yep. This is all very true and very sad.

Europe has failed time and time again to counter and oppose antisemitism in the past 15-20 years. Something has to change and it must change now.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 11:22:13 AM »

Also, the 2 suspects in the killing of the French woman were French with a Maghreb immigration background ... and Muslims. But these facts are often not released by the politically-correct media because it is "not helpful news".

Europe has failed time and time again to counter and oppose antisemitism in the past 15-20 years. Something has to change and it must change now.

The biggest reason for this is probably that Europe is a magnet for uneducated, backwards and impoverished folks from all over the world (and it takes decades to integrate them into our societies), while the US/Canada/Australia/New Zealand attract more educated immigrants.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 05:15:11 PM »

Disgusting.

It says "Tunisian man" who "radicalized himself over the past years and sympathized with IS and shared their materials online".

I'm assuming TexArkana was talking about OP's link, not yours.

Anyways, disgusting. Anti-semitism is horrible, and the fact that the victim was a Holocaust survivor makes it all the more tragic.

That said, I hope the perpetrators aren't Muslim, lest there's an Islamophobic backlash against innocent Muslims. It's also important to remember that although there are plenty of Muslim anti-Semites, there are also plenty of non-Muslim anti-Semites too.

By the way, Le Pen to join Paris march against anti-Semitism despite Jewish opposition
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 05:59:18 AM »

Disgusting.

I'm assuming TexArkana was talking about OP's link, not yours.

Anyways, disgusting. Anti-semitism is horrible, and the fact that the victim was a Holocaust survivor makes it all the more tragic.

That said, I hope the perpetrators aren't Muslim, lest there's an Islamophobic backlash against innocent Muslims. It's also important to remember that although there are plenty of Muslim anti-Semites, there are also plenty of non-Muslim anti-Semites too.

By the way, Le Pen to join Paris march against anti-Semitism despite Jewish opposition

As far as I know a disproportionate amount of anti-Semitic attacks in Europe comes from Muslims (like almost half of them). Most Americans really underestimate the problem Europe has with Muslims not integrating into Western society and neglecting Western values. Then again, I assume a lot of these far-right goons who pretend to stand for "Judeo-Christian values" would turn to the Jews as a new scapegoat once they're done with the Muslims. Anti-Semitic stereotypes still linger in Europe, and not just on the fringes. I'm especially worried about what nasty surprises the AfD will have for us given Germany's history.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 09:14:45 AM »

Maybe it was  time USA turned their eyes on themselves, the main supporter of antisemitism in Europe and the world are Saudi Arabia and to lesser extent the other Gulf states, all Regimes kept in power by USA and USA have supported these countries spread of religious propaganda. But no the thought of USA looking at their own support of radical Islamist regimes never cross the mind your mind, instead it's some drool about it's France fault, that American supported regimes spread hatred among minorities in France.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 10:51:58 AM »

Maybe it was  time USA turned their eyes on themselves, the main supporter of antisemitism in Europe and the world are Saudi Arabia and to lesser extent the other Gulf states, all Regimes kept in power by USA and USA have supported these countries spread of religious propaganda. But no the thought of USA looking at their own support of radical Islamist regimes never cross the mind your mind, instead it's some drool about it's France fault, that American supported regimes spread hatred among minorities in France.
wait wait wait....are you arguing that Europe's problem with Antisemitism in 2018 is mainly because America is friends with S.Arabia?  That's a bit of a stretch sir.  Now, I'm not saying it's not a part of it, it is, but Muslims in Europe are going to be plenty anti-Semitic no matter how much hate is exported from the Arabian peninsula and perhaps Europe shouldn't be importing so many bigots.  But the main thing that should be blamed for the rise in racism in Europe should be the actual racists themselves.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 04:59:07 PM »

wait wait wait....are you arguing that Europe's problem with Antisemitism in 2018 is mainly because America is friends with S.Arabia?  That's a bit of a stretch sir.  Now, I'm not saying it's not a part of it, it is, but Muslims in Europe are going to be plenty anti-Semitic no matter how much hate is exported from the Arabian peninsula and perhaps Europe shouldn't be importing so many bigots.  But the main thing that should be blamed for the rise in racism in Europe should be the actual racists themselves.

The European antisemitist are overwhelming Muslim immigrants and they have grown more antisemitism, because Gulf and Turkish funded media and imams have push a antisemitic narrative. In Turkey USA have first supported Erdogan and Gülen against the secularists, which have resulted in Turkish imam abroad pushing a more Islamist POV, USA have strongly pushed EU toward not putting the chair before the Turkish state. Of course now USA have become unfriendly with Erdogan, which mean they have fallen in love with Gülen, who is worse than Erdogan.

At the same time USA have supported the spread of Wahhabism around the world, as they have seen it as a tool against first Communism, then Arab nationalism and now also against Shia Islamism (funny enough the Muslims in Europe who attack Jews are usual Sunni).

Do I blame USA for Muslim antisemitism in Europe;: not really, but I think that if it means so much to Americans, maybe they should look at how their government support open antisemitistic regimes and organisations around the world, instead of just coming with another smug comment about how it's somehow the fault of the French government specific and Europe in general, that some Muslim a-holes, feed on Saudi propaganda, decides to stab and burn a old woman, because of her faith.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 06:13:54 PM »

Americans do have the right to blame post-WWII French and European governments for the current amount of Muslim antisemitism in France and Europe. I don't see what's "smug" about that, and people's inclination to come up with "but America" is pretty pathetic. Did the presence of media from the Middle East make Muslim antisemitism in Europe worse? Probably. But I'm pretty skeptical that everything would be A OK in terms of Muslim antisemitism without these media, and at the end of the day it's European governments who opened the gates.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies