FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:45:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Scott Pursuit  (Read 46746 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2018, 11:09:02 AM »

My gut feeling is that there's a lot of these people. Glad the GOP seems committed to this line
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »

My gut feeling is that there's a lot of these people. Glad the GOP seems committed to this line

She was probably a democrat already
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »

You know I have been harping on Nelson’s age as the reason for his poor showing in the polls

But ads about it will boomerang big time.
UncleSam

« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »

But one random person did one alleged interview with one lady who doesn’t like the ad campaign! What more credible evidence could there be?
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2018, 11:32:14 AM »

The Villages is a Republican stronghold lmfao
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2018, 11:39:37 AM »

But one random person did one alleged interview with one lady who doesn’t like the ad campaign! What more credible evidence could there be?

I mean, it's hardly the dumbest thing Atlas posters have ever extrapolated based on. lol
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »

There are alot of old people here.

Like, ALOT of old people.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2018, 01:50:19 PM »

The Villages is a Republican stronghold lmfao

There are Dems in Wyoming, there are Dems in the villages
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »

Nelson is blowing it. If he flops hard enough, I could see him losing by up to 54-43. A very close race is more likely, though.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2018, 10:22:29 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 10:39:01 AM by Nationalist Leftist »

Rick Scott is the best R candidate this year, but a significant part of that is luck. From my understanding, he used the hurricanes not only as a way to be seen as competent at governing, but also to change his political niche from North Florida and base populist to leaning hard into the hispanic vote and championing moderate hero-ism. This new strategy is smart against Nelson, who doesn't focus on the hispanic vote that much, in favor of North Florida. This race will probably feature a strange map, since the current strengths of each candidate exist in each others' weak spots. I expect Nelson to hold his ground or improve in north florida vs 2012, while collapsing in Miami-Dade and to a lesser extent the Orlando area. I think that the race will be decided in exurban/suburban retiree zones in Central Florida; the extent of Nelson's erosion there will probably be a bellwether for the race as a whole.

To us hyper-informed people Rick Scott being able to get away with reinventing himself makes no sense, but most people don't follow politics that closely.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »

Also the FDP succ
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2018, 10:40:38 AM »

Maybe attacking Nelson as old was a bad idea in the oldest state in the US.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »

Fun-Fact:

Florida is the oldest state in the US if you define "oldest state" as "state with the largest percentage of Senior Citizens (People 65+)." However, Maine would be the oldest state if you defined "oldest state" as "the state with the highest median age."
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2018, 01:43:55 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

Bill Nelson probably wins Madison County FL. Also it looked like he had a packed auditorium at a campaign rally near Parkland (aka the area that I think saves Nelson's rear end).

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2018, 10:35:33 PM »

You know I have been harping on Nelson’s age as the reason for his poor showing in the polls

But ads about it will boomerang big time.

When has attacking a candidate's age ever worked? Maybe McCain, but that was more about his being "out of touch" and Bush III than just his age.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2018, 10:38:17 PM »

Luckily for Nelson...with Hussein out of the White House...those old geezer Silents and Boomers are not longer feelin that economic anxiety and are actually starting to worry what these angel of death Republicans might do with SS and Medicare if they retain power
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2018, 10:41:41 PM »

Nelson himself lost a FL-GOV primary in the 90s badly by attacking Lawton Chiles's age!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2018, 08:10:46 AM »

Rick Scott is the best R candidate this year, but a significant part of that is luck. From my understanding, he used the hurricanes not only as a way to be seen as competent at governing, but also to change his political niche from North Florida and base populist to leaning hard into the hispanic vote and championing moderate hero-ism. This new strategy is smart against Nelson, who doesn't focus on the hispanic vote that much, in favor of North Florida. This race will probably feature a strange map, since the current strengths of each candidate exist in each others' weak spots. I expect Nelson to hold his ground or improve in north florida vs 2012, while collapsing in Miami-Dade and to a lesser extent the Orlando area. I think that the race will be decided in exurban/suburban retiree zones in Central Florida; the extent of Nelson's erosion there will probably be a bellwether for the race as a whole.

To us hyper-informed people Rick Scott being able to get away with reinventing himself makes no sense, but most people don't follow politics that closely.
that sounds a lot like fl-gov 2014 fundamentals. I guess the deciding factor will be how much better he does then Crist in villages and republican north florida
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2018, 08:15:41 AM »

Nelson is blowing it. If he flops hard enough, I could see him losing by up to 54-43. A very close race is more likely, though.

I can't think of any recent precedent in Florida for an incumbent losing by a big margin or Scott winning an election by more than a whisker.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2018, 08:19:42 AM »

Fun-Fact:

Florida is the oldest state in the US if you define "oldest state" as "state with the largest percentage of Senior Citizens (People 65+)." However, Maine would be the oldest state if you defined "oldest state" as "the state with the highest median age."

That goes a long way to explain why Trump is being so popular in exactly the two states of Maine and Florida, while struggling like crazy in the youngest state of the nation, Utah.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2018, 03:14:03 AM »

The Villages is a bastion of Republican Retirees.  It's one of the places Rick Scott will often travel to when he makes an announcement about an especially conservative initiative he's pushing.

I support Nelson.  I just early voted for Rocky de la Fuente in the (R) primary for Senate.  I'll never vote for Scott.  That being said, Scott IS far more popular, personally, than he was 4 years ago.  His management of two (2) major hurricane emergency operations boosted his image.  He projected steady leadership, protective, looking out for people; this washed away the Capitalist Vulture image he so richly deserves.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »

Could this help Nelson?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/08/26/us/jacksonville-madden-shooting/index.html

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »

Just saw my third Nelson sticker...still no Scott stickers

Scott is in big trouble
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »

Scott is in big trouble

LMAO
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2018, 03:11:01 PM »

Scott is in big trouble

LMAO

Frankly, Hip Hispanic Millennials 4-Scott are looking for free-market solutions in response to the state of Florida being eventually submerged by the state of liquid, unlike White Florida Cracker Geezers 4-Nelson who still drive around in atmosphere killing clunkers. These demographics pretty much assure that the vast majority of people with bumper stickers WILL be big time Nelson fanatics.

Fortunately for Nelson, the state of Florida is also in the state of needing Medicare for its many olds, but Rick Scott wants to put everyone in the state of dying instead (in order to put himself in the state of wealth).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies