US Army Veteran Who Served Two Tours in Afghanistan Deported to Mexico
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 03:40:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US Army Veteran Who Served Two Tours in Afghanistan Deported to Mexico
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: US Army Veteran Who Served Two Tours in Afghanistan Deported to Mexico  (Read 1501 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2018, 12:58:14 PM »

Anyone want to try to justify this?

Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 01:00:22 PM »

Conservatives have to satisfy their sadistic urges and distract from their self loathing somehow.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »

Disgusting.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »

Is America great yet?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »

#MAGA!
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 01:30:12 PM »

I guarantee you anyone who defends this would never have the balls to actually fight in a war themselves.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »

*puts on MAGA hat*: I like veterans who aren't illegals.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »

Conservatives will say that people like him need to be deported because if we don't, Mexicans will take over. They ignore that illegal immigration plummeted over 10 years ago and Hispanic birth rates have plummeted as well. The demographic change era is slowly coming to an end. Existing Hispanics will be more assimilated and intermarried than ever.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 01:52:11 PM »

Deportation proceedings were initiated in 2016 under the Obama administration, while he was in the middle of serving an extended prison sentence for drug crimes.

So, I guess it's bad that Trump's immigration policies aren't more lenient than Obama's?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 01:56:27 PM »

at first I was very very angry, emotional even.  Then I read he was delivering 2lbs of coke.  Still doesn't deserve to be deported though, but I'm much less angry about it than I was at first read.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 02:05:20 PM »

at first I was very very angry, emotional even.  Then I read he was delivering 2lbs of coke.  Still doesn't deserve to be deported though, but I'm much less angry about it than I was at first read.
My feelings are about the same.  I imagine his is a complicated story with some big mistakes... but it's a story that should be told in the country he served.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 02:06:43 PM »

Deportation proceedings were initiated in 2016 under the Obama administration, while he was in the middle of serving an extended prison sentence for drug crimes.

So, I guess it's bad that Trump's immigration policies aren't more lenient than Obama's?
Has it occurred to you that maybe liberals like me don't give a rat's ass whether it was "Obama who dun it"?  It's wrong and it should be fixed by congress and the president.  Yesterday would've been better but now is just fine.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 02:09:32 PM »

He should be allowed to stay.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »

I don't see a problem with his deportation.

If you abuse the hospitality of your host country by committing crimes (and he smuggled 2 pounds of cocaine into the US), they have revoked their right to remain in the country and these criminal foreigners have to be deported. The US and Austria have been way too lenient on these criminals.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 07:10:48 PM »

I was infuriated at first, then I saw he was a drug dealer, so nvm.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 07:21:36 PM »

http://freebeacon.com/issues/former-obama-spokesman-denounces-deportation-order-issued-obama/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nonetheless, this certainly should not have happened.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2018, 08:17:32 PM by Santander »

He voluntarily chose not to apply for citizenship, which he had ample opportunity to, while the rest of his legal immigrant family did, and then he was convicted of a crime of moral turpitude, and a hell of a crime at that. Every immigrant knows to stay far away from crimes of moral turpitude, which is one reason why legal immigrants have low drug usage and crime rates compared to the native born. Now, I won't discount the possibility that PTSD played a role, and the situation is certainly not ideal because he has kids in the US, but he's an adult who made bad decisions and and you have to live with the consequences of your actions, no matter how unfortunate they are.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 08:18:28 PM »

Has it occurred to you that maybe liberals like me don't give a rat's ass whether it was "Obama who dun it"?  It's wrong and it should be fixed by congress and the president.  Yesterday would've been better but now is just fine.

There's a case that could be made that he should have been shown leniency, and I personally think honorable service in the US military should grant instant citizenship, in which case he should have served his sentence and been free to resume his life.

But the "sadistic impulses of conservatives" and "MAGA" posts pretty clearly indicate the direction this thread was going.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 08:24:11 PM »

There's a case that could be made that he should have been shown leniency, and I personally think honorable service in the US military should grant instant citizenship, in which case he should have served his sentence and been free to resume his life.
Technically, the individual in this case was given a general discharge, which is lower than an honorable discharge. He was basically fired for drug use, in civilian terms.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 09:29:54 PM »

Technically, the individual in this case was given a general discharge, which is lower than an honorable discharge. He was basically fired for drug use, in civilian terms.
oh, I missed that part too.  A general discharge isn't a good thing, you need to have not only funked up, you needed to have funked up AND was a dick about it.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 08:05:07 AM »

Welcome to Donald Trump's America.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2018, 08:52:49 AM »

I actually agree with this. He shouldn't have been deported imo, but considering all the factors- his way of discharge and the reason for his deportation- it's not some outrageous scandal. Also, it would've happened just as easily under Obama so it's not "muh Trump".
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 08:53:39 AM »

He voluntarily chose not to apply for citizenship, which he had ample opportunity to, while the rest of his legal immigrant family did, and then he was convicted of a crime of moral turpitude, and a hell of a crime at that. Every immigrant knows to stay far away from crimes of moral turpitude, which is one reason why legal immigrants have low drug usage and crime rates compared to the native born. Now, I won't discount the possibility that PTSD played a role, and the situation is certainly not ideal because he has kids in the US, but he's an adult who made bad decisions and and you have to live with the consequences of your actions, no matter how unfortunate they are.

This is pretty much how i feel about this
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 09:10:10 AM »

Do people bother to read beyond the headlines on any story these days?  FFS, the guy was busted with 2 pounds of cocaine.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies