2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:29:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 76
Author Topic: 2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread v2  (Read 173686 times)
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: September 29, 2018, 09:42:53 PM »

And this is just McGrath, the amount from the Ds this quarter is gonna be insane!

If it's what you say I love it especially later in the fall.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1651 on: September 29, 2018, 10:44:34 PM »

Not quite germane to this thread but I found this in my travels and thought it was worth sharing. It's an open spreadsheet of upcoming debates. It's a work in progress, so if you know of any debates not listed, you should add them:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14uuYs9vSPfqoSVctpNzp1srXwvuKmSOr1VoSIqHuT5g/edit#gid=458231072
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1652 on: September 29, 2018, 11:51:08 PM »

It takes one to know one.

This is the kind of loyalty Trump has for the people that voted for him, even if they have disagreements now. He does not care about anybody unless they are blind to him.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1653 on: September 30, 2018, 02:47:22 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2018, 02:50:28 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

It takes one to know one.

This is the kind of loyalty Trump has for the people that voted for him, even if they have disagreements now. He does not care about anybody unless they are blind to him.

I doubt Trump could pick Ojeda from a lineup. He was told by his babysitters to attack him and just threw a random list of insults.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1654 on: September 30, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »

Kevin Yoder (KS-3) triaged and left for dead by NRCC.

$1m being shifted to salvageable seats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/409149-house-gop-cancels-yoder-ad-buys
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1655 on: September 30, 2018, 12:48:50 PM »

And this is just McGrath, the amount from the Ds this quarter is gonna be insane!

If it's what you say I love it especially later in the fall.

I saw what you did there. Smiley
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1656 on: September 30, 2018, 12:57:29 PM »

At this point I am starting to wish that they would stop triaging and waste more money on unwinnable races. More dumping cash into the Potomac like VA-10, please. Unfortunately all this triaging means they may hold on to some of the bigger reach seats and prevent surprises that otherwise might have been narrowly won. It is pretty clear they are running a Prevent defense at this point.

Hopefully at least the Dems follow suit and don't waste too much on these races where Republicans are pulling out.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1657 on: September 30, 2018, 01:02:55 PM »

At this point I am starting to wish that they would stop triaging and waste more money on unwinnable races. More dumping cash into the Potomac like VA-10, please. Unfortunately all this triaging means they may hold on to some of the bigger reach seats and prevent surprises that otherwise might have been narrowly won. It is pretty clear they are running a Prevent defense at this point.

Hopefully at least the Dems follow suit and don't waste too much on these races where Republicans are pulling out.

I know Dems have started pulling out of VA-10, even if the Republicans still want to waste money there.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1658 on: September 30, 2018, 01:10:17 PM »

I'm having a hard time understanding this strategy.  Triaging people like Comstock and Roothfus makes sense as those will be among the first 10-15 seats to be lost.  The GOP can lose those seats and still retain the majority,

But if seats Yoder's and Bishop's fall, the Dems are winning control 100% of the time.  And winning the majority is what really matters. 

Wouldn't it be better to spread resources among a bunch of doubtful seats if it gives you a 10% chance of retaining the majority (but a much larger chance of 50 seat loss), than a strategy that concentrates on "salvageable" seats but guarantees a 30 seat loss?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1659 on: September 30, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »

I'm having a hard time understanding this strategy.  Triaging people like Comstock and Roothfus makes sense as those will be among the first 10-15 seats to be lost.  The GOP can lose those seats and still retain the majority,

But if seats Yoder's and Bishop's fall, the Dems are winning control 100% of the time.  And winning the majority is what really matters. 

Wouldn't it be better to spread resources among a bunch of doubtful seats if it gives you a 10% chance of retaining the majority (but a much larger chance of 50 seat loss), than a strategy that concentrates on "salvageable" seats but guarantees a 30 seat loss?

At this point, I think Republicans are focused on keeping the Senate. It could be that the conversation they're having is about keeping the Democratic majority in the House small, rather than preventing it, which may seem like a lost cause.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #1660 on: September 30, 2018, 02:06:09 PM »

At this point, I think Republicans are focused on keeping the Senate. It could be that the conversation they're having is about keeping the Democratic majority in the House small, rather than preventing it, which may seem like a lost cause.

I think this is exactly right.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1661 on: September 30, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »

I think this is exactly right.

While this is intuitive, the role of the NRCC is only to support House candidates, so any explanation for their behavior has to do with House-only considerations.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1662 on: September 30, 2018, 03:22:24 PM »

For all we know CLF is filling in the holes, they already canceleed elsewhere so they may be moving $$ there. And NRCC is using the money from KS-03 in MI-08.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1663 on: September 30, 2018, 06:44:15 PM »

I'm having a hard time understanding this strategy.  Triaging people like Comstock and Roothfus makes sense as those will be among the first 10-15 seats to be lost.  The GOP can lose those seats and still retain the majority,

But if seats Yoder's and Bishop's fall, the Dems are winning control 100% of the time.  And winning the majority is what really matters.  

It's possible they already see the House as a lost cause this year and are trying to keep the Dem majority as small as possible in order to more easily retake it in 2020.

Also, as was said, the GOP is prioritizing holding the Senate more at this point.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1664 on: September 30, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »

GOP is in big trouble

Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1665 on: September 30, 2018, 11:55:45 PM »

GOP is in big trouble

These fundraising reports are going to be completely insane. Senate candidates will be raising money almost like Presidential candidates. House candidates raising like Senate candidates.

From the tweet you posted, sounds like there will probably be at least another 10 million or so on top of this already absurd September total:

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1666 on: October 01, 2018, 08:30:10 AM »

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1667 on: October 01, 2018, 08:38:20 AM »

At this point, Im pretty sure the Dems can just throw money at every CD in the country and still have a hefty sum in reserve.
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #1668 on: October 01, 2018, 10:01:27 AM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1669 on: October 01, 2018, 10:03:57 AM »

Wut
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1670 on: October 01, 2018, 10:08:53 AM »

Wut
If candidates are raising that much in races that the national Dem party has largely written off because of "candidate strength," you are going to be saying "Wut" a great many times over the next few days.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1671 on: October 01, 2018, 10:14:49 AM »

Remember when people complained about Beto raising $10m from Internet fans in one quarter because he'd dry up funding for viable candidates elsewhere?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1672 on: October 01, 2018, 10:20:18 AM »

Remember when people complained about Beto raising $10m from Internet fans in one quarter because he'd dry up funding for viable candidates elsewhere?

I still believe that he should just redistribute all those funds because he is not going to win barring a metoo issue for Cruz.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1673 on: October 01, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »

I still believe that he should just redistribute all those funds because he is not going to win barring a metoo issue for Cruz.

Beto O'Rourke is going to buy so many yard signs that he will put a yard sign every 3 feet on the side of every single road in Texas, and it will take a decade to remove them all.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1674 on: October 01, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »

This means they raised $1.8 million in the last half hour. Absurd.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies