JB Pritzker is democratic party nominee for Illinois governor...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:29:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  JB Pritzker is democratic party nominee for Illinois governor...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: JB Pritzker is democratic party nominee for Illinois governor...  (Read 4019 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 08:10:54 AM »

I see you’re either a troll or the opposite of the third type of person that OP was welcoming.

It is possible to support Rauner and also think he's going to lose.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 08:21:28 AM »

OK, I don't know if this the right thread but anyway.

Can some local poster explain us why Ira Silverstein and Daniel Burke were denied renomination?
Was it corruption or some other sordid deal?

Silverstein faced credible allegations of sexual harassment and most of the establishment abandoned him as a result. Burke is a conservative Democrat elected to his seat when it was a mostly white district. It's now a mostly Mexican-American seat, and this was the year where a combination of shifting demographics, the rise of an anti-machine Mexican-American political leader (Chuy Garcia), and Burke's ties to Donald Trump proved too difficult to overcome.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 08:48:15 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 08:54:55 AM »

If I lived there I would write in Biss. I'm absolutely done! I've had enough of corporate democrats
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »

If I lived there I would write in Biss. I'm absolutely done! I've had enough of corporate democrats
It isn't like Democrats had much of choice considering how much the Pritzker family has donated to them. Republicans would have done the same thing if one of the Koch's children wanted to run for office.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2018, 11:45:38 AM »

Wow, Even Solid is siding with Rauner?  What?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »

I see you’re either a troll or the opposite of the third type of person that OP was welcoming.

I don't know how one can look at all the evidence and not come to the conclusion that Rauner is gonna get Kirked

Doesn't mean he should...  Illinois Democrats are horrible.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »

Any Democrat who believes this needs their head checked. Rauner boasted about how he wanted to be the next Scott Walker and refused to sign a budget for 2 years because it didn’t contain his Koch-addled goodies.
Duke of York

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »

Any Democrat who believes this needs their head checked. Rauner boasted about how he wanted to be the next Scott Walker and refused to sign a budget for 2 years because it didn’t contain his Koch-addled goodies.

Plus he also treats Cook County like its his enemy and has largely ignored it.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »

Illinois is such a terrible state. It should be placed under a (literally) bloody dictatorship with no hope of democratic elections until everyone who unironically supported JB over literally anyone who isn't some billionaire mogul insect filth has safely been "demoralized" by a decade or two in some gulag near Cairo or East St. Louis.

Seriously though, how do Illinois Democrats not even give a damn about corruption? They just go along with it with no complaint and no shame. It's like they're a different subspecies of homo sapiens. People in positions of wealth or power have the right to abuse it there, selling Obama's senate seat, buying a Democratic primary, buying a Republican primary when the base hates you. It was known that JB had offshore trusts revealed in the Panama papers and NOBODY CARED. You might as well have a scandal of him lying about being vegetarian for all that mattered. This is actual proof that society is a-OK with offshore bank accounts, at least in IL. It's just another luxury like servants, fancy cars, and political positions that the wealthy are entitled to
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 01:08:41 PM »

Rauner has a Dem legislator to prevent him from being Scott Walker. I'd rather have a divided government in this instance than have a unified government with Pritzker basically taking orders from Mike Madigan.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 01:10:53 PM »

Gross.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »

The Democratic party sure knows how to pick crappy candidates for governors.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 01:38:57 PM »

Redistricting will be up in 2021 and Rauner certainly does not need a say in that.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 01:41:16 PM »

I'm severely disappointed as well. I hope the Green Party can make the ballot because whomever their candidate is looking very promising right now.  
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 01:50:02 PM »

Redistricting will be up in 2021 and Rauner certainly does not need a say in that.

We don't need to turn the state from solid-blue to concrete-blue.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »

I'm severely disappointed as well. I hope the Green Party can make the ballot because whomever their candidate is looking very promising right now.  
Two Rich guys = high third party vote.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2018, 02:28:56 PM by We Have A Pope »

The absolute state of my state.

See sig, welcoming any democrats who voted for more common sense candidates such as Biss or Kennedy.

Also welcoming dems who would prefer a non corrupt republican over a corrupt pseudo democrat.

Also welcoming any dems who are not partisan hacks and take person over party.

If not any of those, go and climb aboard the JB train. Choo choo...

Rauner wants to break the back organized labor so that working class folks won’t have anyone left in their corner who isn’t beholden to the Rauners, Romneys, and Trumps of the world.  As far as I know, Rauner has also refused to condemn the bigoted, misogynistic Quisling in the Oval Office, so he’s in no position to lecture anyone about integrity.  And I’ll happily take a corrupt hack whose party is the lesser of two evils over an ever so slightly less corrupt hack whose party is waging class warfare against 99% of Americans and acting as a ventriloquist dummy for Putin, thank you very much.  Your party has proven it simply cannot be trusted to govern in good faith at any level while Trump is in office, period.  Also ROTL at the idea that 1) Pritzker is only a “pseudo-Democrat” and 2) your implication that Rauner is more liberal than Pritzker.  Governor Pritzker can always be primaried out of office in four years, btw.  

We don't need to turn the state from solid-blue to concrete-blue.

Until gerrymandering is found to be unconstitutional, and that day can’t come soon enough, that’s exactly what we need to do.  Unconditional disarment by only one side is dumb, to put it bluntly.  I’d rather every state have a fair map, but until then, things are what they are.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 02:27:38 PM »

He seems like a corruption case waiting to happen. Hopefully he learned from a couple of past Illinois Governors. The national headlines if he's forced to resign will be horrible. It'll be sold by conservatives as more dirty Chicago blah blah blah
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 02:29:57 PM »

He seems like a corruption case waiting to happen. Hopefully he learned from a couple of past Illinois Governors. The national headlines if he's forced to resign will be horrible. It'll be sold by conservatives as more dirty Chicago blah blah blah

The national headlines will last one day, *maybe* two.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »

Kennedy should have dropped out and allow Biss to win the primary. Bruce Rauner is definitely the better candidate here.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 02:54:20 PM »

I don’t know how anyone but a partisan hack can support Rauner. His governorship has been a failure, he’s probably the second most incompetent governor in the country (behind Pete Ricketts) and his so-called “reforms” of term limits are never going to happen and nor would they solve anything. His hypocrisy on gerrymandering is hilarious considering what the GOP has done in redistricting across the country. If I were in Illinois, I’d vote for a ham sandwich over Rauner.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »

I don’t know how anyone but a partisan hack can support Rauner. His governorship has been a failure, he’s probably the second most incompetent governor in the country (behind Pete Ricketts) and his so-called “reforms” of term limits are never going to happen and nor would they solve anything. His hypocrisy on gerrymandering is hilarious considering what the GOP has done in redistricting across the country. If I were in Illinois, I’d vote for a ham sandwich over Rauner.

1) How could anyone but a partisan hack want Illinois' legislature to remain in Democratic hands?

2) Bruce Rauner bears no responsibility for what some Republican officials in North Carolina do, for Christ's sake.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »

The only real difference between Pritzker and Rauner is that Pritzker openly attempts to engage in corrupt behavior at every opportunity that he believes he can benefit from. Both are Centrist Republicans if their political views were the only factors considered. This is a Gubernatorial race, not a Legislative race. At least in the case of the IL-03 Congressional Race, we have an Extreme Republican vs a Centrist Republican who votes for Democratic leadership. Indeed, in a potential 218-217 Republican majority Election result in 2018 for the House, if one of the Republicans votes for Democratic leadership, it will actually make a difference in the end. There is no comparison for Gubernatorial races.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies