Playboy Model Karen McDougal sues to break silence on relationship with Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 06:01:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Playboy Model Karen McDougal sues to break silence on relationship with Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Playboy Model Karen McDougal sues to break silence on relationship with Trump  (Read 2125 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:26:55 PM »

Former Playboy Model Karen McDougal Sues to Break Silence on Relationship With Trump

Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Donald Trump, is taking a page straight out of the Stormy Daniels playbook.

According to a The New York Times report, McDougal filed a lawsuit on Tuesday to get out of her 2016 non-disclosure agreement, becoming the second woman in two weeks to filed a lawsuit accusing the president or his allies of trying to bury news about a Trump extramarital affair.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/former-playboy-model-karen-mcdougal-sues-break-silence-180236071.html
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »

This is all so hilarious after years of evangelical bitching about Bill Clinton. Yet this is their guy. Are there a bigger group of hypocrites on the planet?
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 10:46:43 PM »

This is all so hilarious after years of evangelical bitching about Bill Clinton. Yet this is their guy. Are there a bigger group of hypocrites on the planet?
Karma is a bit*h, enjoyin every minute of it...
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »

You know what? I don't think that there is. I'm not a "moral majority" person by any standard, but it's disgusting to see all these evangelical leaders kneeling before Trump.

All they care about is getting enough Supreme Court seats to undo the progress that has been made in the last 60 years to screw the filthy liberals.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 11:45:27 PM »

Bill Clinton did behave inappropriately to a young subordinate, who really wasn't in a position to say no, and has been accused of rape by a handful of women. While it's nice to see a Republican's sordid affairs be dragged into the public eye, especially one who won the evangelical vote so transparently, let's not pretend Bill Clinton isn't a scumbag.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 11:58:38 PM »

Karma is a bit*h, enjoyin every minute of it...

Completely agree.
PS: How long do you guys think it will be until Fuzzy enters this thread, to contradict your "anti-Evangelical" statement?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 12:50:33 AM »

Remember at the time of these alleged offences, Donald Trump was a Democrat.

Since converting to the Republican side, the number of sexual indiscretions reported against "The Don" has dropped 92%, statistically speaking.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 01:25:13 AM »

You know what? I don't think that there is. I'm not a "moral majority" person by any standard, but it's disgusting to see all these evangelical leaders kneeling before Trump.

All they care about is getting enough Supreme Court seats to undo the progress that has been made in the last 60 years to screw the filthy liberals.

This one really does have a silver lining, though. I've read a number of historical or generational studies predicting the Millennials or their successors would be conservative. Trump's presidency, and the hypocrisy associated with it, has made it certain that the next generation of voters will see the religious and conservative right for the shallow sham it is.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 02:35:25 AM »

Bill Clinton did behave inappropriately to a young subordinate, who really wasn't in a position to say no, and has been accused of rape by a handful of women. While it's nice to see a Republican's sordid affairs be dragged into the public eye, especially one who won the evangelical vote so transparently, let's not pretend Bill Clinton isn't a scumbag.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:36:18 PM »

The Lewinsky affair was 100% consensual and she was an adult. Personally, I found the way Clinton described her as "that women" more distasteful than the fact that they had a consensual affair.

A handful of women accused Clinton of rape? Wasn't it only Juanita Broaddrick? And only after she had previously testified that no such thing happened? There's no doubt that Clinton was (and maybe still is, who knows?) very sexually aggressive, but I personally have a hard time believing that he is a rapist and I'd certainly like more credible accusers than Broaddrick before I jump to any conclusions.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »

Hard to imagine that there could be. Surely there's a limit to the amount of self-delusion that people are capable of. I think the evangelicals have probably hit that limit.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 03:13:23 PM »

Since converting to the Republican side, the number of sexual indiscretions reported against "The Don" has dropped 92%, statistically speaking.

This is a remarkably bad take, even by Atlas standards
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »

The Lewinsky affair was 100% consensual and she was an adult. Personally, I found the way Clinton described her as "that women" more distasteful than the fact that they had a consensual affair.

A handful of women accused Clinton of rape? Wasn't it only Juanita Broaddrick? And only after she had previously testified that no such thing happened? There's no doubt that Clinton was (and maybe still is, who knows?) very sexually aggressive, but I personally have a hard time believing that he is a rapist and I'd certainly like more credible accusers than Broaddrick before I jump to any conclusions.

I think that neither Trump nor Clinton should be held up as paragons of virtue. If if were up to me, neither man would have ever become President. I don't think that Trump's behavior should be used to excuse Clinton's, or vice versa. Both are equally reprehensible, and both should be viewed from the same lens.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 04:04:51 PM »

I think you might need to recalibrate your sarcasm detector.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »

I think that neither Trump nor Clinton should be held up as paragons of virtue. If if were up to me, neither man would have ever become President. I don't think that Trump's behavior should be used to excuse Clinton's, or vice versa. Both are equally reprehensible, and both should be viewed from the same lens.
Equally reprehensible? False equivalency much?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »

OMG.

Is that really a defense, or are you making a joke?  Please tell me it's a joke.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 07:14:49 PM »

No it is not "false equivalency". Bill Clinton was accused of sexual misconduct and/or rape by several women; the same is true for Donald Trump. Both of them are morally reprehensible, and should both be viewed from the same lens. I hope you're not one of those people who dismiss Clinton's faults because he was a better President than Trump has been.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 01:27:49 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2018, 03:30:59 AM by BlueSwan »

No it is not "false equivalency". Bill Clinton was accused of sexual misconduct and/or rape by several women; the same is true for Donald Trump. Both of them are morally reprehensible, and should both be viewed from the same lens. I hope you're not one of those people who dismiss Clinton's faults because he was a better President than Trump has been.
As far as I can tell, Bill Clinton has 3 accusers.

1) Juanita Broaddrick, who claims that he raped her in 1978. However, Broaddrick testified under oath that no such thing occurred. Also, Broaddrick continued to support Clinton, which is very weird if he actually raped her, and made the very weird claim that Hillary threatened her when Hillary thanked her for her help with the campaign. I'm not going to outright say that Broaddrick is a liar, but can we at least agree that she is not the most reliable source here and that further evidence is needed before we brand a man a rapist?

2) Paula Jones, who claims that Clinton sexualy harrassed her by exposing himself to her in a room in 1991. However, according to wikipedia "Several witnesses disputed Jones's account, including her sister and brother-in-law. These witnesses contended that she had described her encounter with Clinton as "happy" and "gentle". In addition, Jones had claimed to friends that Clinton had a particular deformity on his penis, a claim that was revealed to be false by investigators."

3) Kathleen Willey, who claims that Clinton groped her in 1993. However, according to wikipedia "Linda Tripp, the Clinton Administration staffer who secretly taped her phone conversations with Monica Lewinsky in order to expose the latter's affair with the President, testified under oath that Willey's sexual contact with President Clinton in 1993 was consensual, that Willey had been flirting with the President, and that Willey was happy and excited following her 1993 encounter with Clinton.[2] Six other friends of Willey confirmed Tripp's account in sworn testimony, stating that Willey had sought a sexual relationship with the President.[3] Ken Starr, who had deposed Willey in the course of investigating the sexual history of President Clinton, determined that she had lied under oath repeatedly to his investigators. Starr and his team therefore concluded that there was insufficient evidence to pursue her allegations further"

Based on this, I will say that the evidence suggesting that Clinton is a womanizer and adulterer is very very strong, but the evidence that he is a rapist or a sexual harrasser, is shaky at best, and we are talking about a man in a very exposed position here.

On the other hand we have absolutely countless numbers of people accusing Donald Trump of various forms of sexual harrasment and even rape. And we have himself admitting to grabbing women on tape.

So yeah, it is most definitely a false equivalency.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 02:50:32 AM »

As far as I can tell, Bill Clinton has 3 accusers.

1) Juanita Broaddrick, who claims that he raped her in 1978. However, Broaddrick testified under oath that no such thing occurred. Also, Broaddrick continued to support Clinton, which is very weird if he actually raped her, and made the very weird claim that Hillary threatened her when Hillary thanked her for her help with the campaign. I'm not going to outright say that Broaddrick is a liar, but can we at least agree that she is not the most reliable source here and that further evidence is needed before we brand a man a rapist?

2) Paula Jones, who claims that Clinton sexualy harrassed her by exposing himself to her in a room in 1991. However, according to wikipedia "Several witnesses disputed Jones's account, including her sister and brother-in-law. These witnesses contended that she had described her encounter with Clinton as "happy" and "gentle". In addition, Jones had claimed to friends that Clinton had a particular deformity on his penis, a claim that was revealed to be false by investigators."

3) Kathleen Willey, who claims that Clinton groped her in 1993. However, according to wikipedia "Linda Tripp, the Clinton Administration staffer who secretly taped her phone conversations with Monica Lewinsky in order to expose the latter's affair with the President, testified under oath that Willey's sexual contact with President Clinton in 1993 was consensual, that Willey had been flirting with the President, and that Willey was happy and excited following her 1993 encounter with Clinton.[2] Six other friends of Willey confirmed Tripp's account in sworn testimony, stating that Willey had sought a sexual relationship with the President.[3] Ken Starr, who had deposed Willey in the course of investigating the sexual history of President Clinton, determined that she had lied under oath repeatedly to his investigators. Starr and his team therefore concluded that there was insufficient evidence to pursue her allegations further"

Based on this, I will say that the evidence suggesting that Clinton is a womanizer and adulterer is very very strong, but the evidence that he is a rapist or a sexual harrasser, is shaky at best, and we are talking about a man in a very exposed position here.

On the other hand we have absolutely countless of people accusing Donald Trump is various forms of sexual harrasment and even rape. And we have himself admitting to grabbing women himself.

So yeah, it is most definitely a false equivalency.

I'm surprised that you forgot about Kathleen Willey, who also accused Clinton of groping her, in a manner similar to what Trump has been accused of. And one could list all of the various adulterous relationships that Clinton has engaged in, in addition to the allegations made against him. All it does is to confirm to me that he is not a paragon of morality, and neither is Trump. Both men have been accused of sexual misconduct; both have denied it. Both have been found to have engaged in adulterous relationships, and both have been taken to court over their relationships. To say that all of this is a "false equivalency" is a distortion of the situation. I dislike it when people excuse the behavior of some politician just because that politician happens to be a Republican or a Democrat, in the same manner as them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 03:03:04 AM »

Meclazine has posted much worse things. He is totally serious. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 03:06:36 AM »

I'm surprised that you forgot about Kathleen Willey, who also accused Clinton of groping her, in a manner similar to what Trump has been accused of.

Are you blind? Willey is bullet point number 3.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 03:30:08 AM »

I'm surprised that you forgot about Kathleen Willey, who also accused Clinton of groping her, in a manner similar to what Trump has been accused of.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:30 AM »

It's the biggest paragraph.  Weird.

Meclazine has posted much worse things. He is totally serious. 
it's odd.  He thinks it's ok to use a shooting at a school that's been closed for 7 months as "yet another school shooting" to get the numbers higher AND at the same freaking time, is explaining how to argue with strangers on the internet.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 06:53:11 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2018, 06:58:36 AM by Meclazine »

I find it disappointing in this modern era to have a thread about a Playmate and not have a picture to reference said individual.

Standards are slipping, even by Atlas standards.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 07:40:17 AM »

This.

As for sincere Evangelicals, advancing public policy that halts the progressive secularization of society and negatively impacts family formation and family stability is a valid objective in politics.  I have little faith that any political figures have lead particularly moral lives.  My hope for our politics is that people in power whose private lives may be sordid will, while in office, do the right and moral thing.

It is on Christ that a Believer's eyes must be fixed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies