PA Senate: who will win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:00:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Senate: who will win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Bob Casey

Rick Santorum

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: PA Senate: who will win?  (Read 4019 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2005, 01:08:39 PM »

I'm guessing about 75% of people will pick Casey to win.  I just want to get a full hold of the Atlas' opinion on this race.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 01:09:32 PM »

I'm calling a Casey win like I have since he got into the race, but it's far from over like many on here like to claim.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 02:08:09 PM »

Casey is likely to win but anyone who thinks he's going to crush Santorum is insane. No one is going to win by more than six points.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 02:12:17 PM »

Hard to vote against Casey when you look at the numbers.  However, Im staying away from predictions for at least another 6 months.  Its just too early.  Hatch, Kennedy, and a couple others are obviously going to cruise to re-election, but after that it gets tricky.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 02:41:22 PM »

I agree that Santorum is going down. Just like the Dems are having more and more trouble in the South, so are the Reps in the NE. Regionalism is really scary for those who care about the integrity of the United States. Still, Santorum's defeat is his own fault for not being a moderate Arlen Specter type Republican. I think it's too late for him to change his image now.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 03:57:59 PM »

I'm calling a Casey win like I have since he got into the race, but it's far from over like many on here like to claim.

I’d agree.

Casey is popular and well liked, he’ll also get a lot of backing from the DSCC in a year when the GOP is the majority party on the Hill and holds the White House and furthermore is not as popular as it once was in either department… he’s also been racking up very wide leads over a republican incumbent ever since he entered the race.

Santorum, despite suffering for the first time for his loyalty to the Bush White House and GOP leadership and despite being modestly unpopular, has a great deal of cash on hand and can be a more energetic campaigner than Casey on top of this like Casey he’ll get plenty of backing from his party’s leadership.

But on balance, Casey’s popularity together with Santorum and the GOP’s unpopularity, the likelihood of a strong Democratic campaign and Casey’s consistently wide leads in the polls, makes it very likely that Casey will win this one, but Santorum’s campaigning ability and likely cash advantage will help him narrow the gap, but I don’t see it allowing him to overtake Casey. It will be a lot closer than the 11-14 point leads Casey has been racking up in recent polls, but I’d still maintain that Casey is both the favourite and the most likely to win… so say a final vote tally of Casey(D) 51% - Santorum(R) 46% - Liberal Third Party 4%... or something like that       
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 04:20:20 PM »

As soon as I answer Casey, Santorum will win.  That's just my luck!
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 04:33:01 PM »

I see a Casey win by about 52.2% to Santorum's 46.8%, with 1% going Green or some other third party.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 06:30:58 PM »

I'm the only Santorum vote out of 16 so far.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »

Good for you.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

thats because most people have the mental ability to consider everything about a race. You, on the other hand, make it easy on yourself and just assume the Dems will lose everything.

To put it simply: to you, this glass wouldnt be full enough:
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 07:01:47 PM »

thats because most people have the mental ability to consider everything about a race. You, on the other hand, make it easy on yourself and just assume the Dems will lose everything.

Not true.  Look at my comments in the "Harris makeover" thread.

I think Casey is a poor debator and finisher, will get creamed by Santorum in the debates and charisma column, and end up losing by a razor-think margin.  My prediction of a Santorum victory is hardly unfounded.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 07:07:34 PM »

I think Casey is a poor debator and finisher, will get creamed by Santorum in the debates and charisma column, and end up losing by a razor-think margin.  My prediction of a Santorum victory is hardly unfounded.
the dems here are too desperate to win back power. Theyll back anyone they can.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 07:14:34 PM »

That's a good argument.  Roll Eyes 

Independents/moderates are likely to decide this election.  Right now, they're backing Casey as he's obviously the centrist and is well-liked.  But once the debates roll along, I think Santorum's charm so-to-speak (which, love him or hate him, he's got that going over Casey) will help him win over the swing voters and take the election.  This isn't Maryland--Casey can't just win by solidifying his own base, which isn't a given due to his socially conservative positions.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 07:17:54 PM »

That's a good argument.  Roll Eyes 

Independents/moderates are likely to decide this election.  Right now, they're backing Casey as he's obviously the centrist and is well-liked.  But once the debates roll along, I think Santorum's charm so-to-speak (which, love him or hate him, he's got that going over Casey) will help him win over the swing voters and take the election.  This isn't Maryland--Casey can't just win by solidifying his own base, which isn't a given due to his socially conservative positions.
im going to disagree. While everything about Casey personality wise is lame, he can still make enough connections to win this thing (right now he holds 80% of loberals, 60% of moderates, and 34% of conservatives)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 07:24:44 PM »

Casey.  But it'll be closer than the polls suggest.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 06:28:53 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2005, 09:32:44 AM by John Winfield Roberts »

As much as I would like to see Santorum back in the Senate, I believe Casey will win.

Santorum has painted himself into a corner, and has made too many controversial statements that can and will be used against him in the court of public opinion.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 12:22:30 PM »

Casey: 53%
Santorum: 47%
Andy Hine
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 11:27:32 AM »

Casey is likely to win but anyone who thinks he's going to crush Santorum is insane. No one is going to win by more than six points.
Bruh
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 12:08:24 PM »

I clicked on this thinking it would be about Toomey and McGinty and then got some 11 year old thread that was just bumped for no apparent reason.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 12:33:45 PM »

Bruh

Sarkozy will win reelection.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »

Santorum isn't going to run.  Regardless, Casey will easily beat any Republican in 2018.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 07:10:06 PM »

Santorum isn't going to run.  Regardless, Casey will easily beat any Republican in 2018.
Wait, what? He won reelection in 2012 to a "some guy" (who is now dead) by a margin smaller than expected. Charlie Dent can beat Casey in 2018.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 12:59:59 PM »

Santorum has blown whatever chance he ever had to be a Senator from Pennsylvania after 2006 by doing the dirty work for the Bush Administration, and he has done nothing to show himself a good fir for Pennsylvania.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 01:02:45 PM »

I like the two Michigan avatars here discussing this potential matchup for a future election.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies