Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 09:09:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36
Author Topic: Actress Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City to run for NY Governor  (Read 77341 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: August 29, 2018, 08:02:27 PM »

Cuomo pledged not to run for President in 2020, so unfortunately we don't get to see this trainwreck of a candidate implode like Rubio on a national stage.

A pledge from Andrew Cuomo is worth about as much as a degree from Trump University.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #426 on: August 29, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »

Cuomo pledged not to run for President in 2020, so unfortunately we don't get to see this trainwreck of a candidate implode like Rubio on a national stage.

The primary advantage of a Nixon campaign is exacting pledges like that, and generally making him look like an idiot, saving us all the horror of a Cuomo 2020 bid.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »

Its not a good indicator, but twitter is going crazy over the debate, and it seems that most are in support of Nixon.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #428 on: August 29, 2018, 08:23:13 PM »

If Twitter was an accurate indicator, Nixon would be on her way to pulling off one of the biggest political upsets of the century.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2018, 08:47:26 PM »

Twitter has always been overwhelmingly pro-Nixon. She's always had an issue connecting with blue-collar voters in the city.

I don't think she fixed that issue tonight, but Cuomo definitely didn't help his case.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »

Cuomo looked like a fool tonight, it's pretty clear why he didn't want to have this debate in the first place. The "you are a corporation" back-and-forth was one of the most humiliating parts of this campaign. If anything, tonight showed that he's out-of-touch and losing ground.

Nixon might not be able to pull off an upset in September, but tonight certainly helped her chances.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2018, 09:05:04 PM »

Cuomo looked like a fool tonight, it's pretty clear why he didn't want to have this debate in the first place. The "you are a corporation" back-and-forth was one of the most humiliating parts of this campaign. If anything, tonight showed that he's out-of-touch and losing ground.

Nixon might not be able to pull off an upset in September, but tonight certainly helped her chances.
Yeah, especially since it turns out he took a bribe to end the Weinstein investigation, tonight will really damage him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2018, 09:05:40 PM »

If Twitter was an accurate indicator, Nixon would be on her way to pulling off one of the biggest political upsets of the century.

If Twitter was an appropriate indicator, Austin Petersen would've won the Missouri primary by 50 rather than losing it by 50.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2018, 09:06:34 PM »

If Twitter was an appropriate indicator, Austin Petersen would've won the Missouri primary by 50 rather than losing it by 50.

You always find unnecessary times to ding me.

Besides, Peterson never had a chance, Nixon does.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #434 on: August 29, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »

Did she manage with the sexist 66 degree temperatures? Hahahaha
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »

Literally nobody is focused on that comment.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: August 29, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »

Literally nobody is focused on that comment.
yeah right, I was just talking with some NY voters, and they told me "yeah, I was leaning towards Nixon after hearing that he took bribes to end the investigation and how he just flopped in the debate, but that temperature comment. Never Nixon, Im voting for Cuomo."
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: August 29, 2018, 09:15:01 PM »

You always find unnecessary times to ding me.

Besides, Peterson never had a chance, Nixon does.

The point is that Twitter means nothing.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #438 on: August 29, 2018, 09:17:41 PM »

Cuomo will win reelection in NY.

He will just be seen as too centrist to win the 2020 nomination.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2018, 09:19:22 PM »

See, I told you people Nixon would be threat in the primary.

She's still got a shot to win after all, and if she does... I bet she ends up on the ticket either in 2020 or 2024.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2018, 09:20:15 PM »

I wasn't impressed with either of them tbh.
Duke of York

« Reply #441 on: August 29, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »

In my view Nixon came of as rude, arrogant and totally uniformed on how state government works but she told people what they wanted to hear.

If she wins I will lose any faith i hate left in politics but then I again I have no faith in the electorate anymore.
Duke of York

« Reply #442 on: August 29, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »

Is it possible Nixon pulls off a Gillum?

Probably not.

I mean he has had a pretty stable lead in the polls north of 50 percent.

But, we'll see I guess if this tightens up?
well, that poll was taken a long time ago, in political sense, and his base is even more tenuous than a moderate Rs. With the news about his bribe and his terrible debate performances, its possible to see an upset.

Agreed. All the factors are working against Cuomo at the moment. Hopefully we will see Nixon surge after her stellar performance tonight.

You call that stellar? She was rude and arrogant and proved she knows nothing about how things work but she told you want wanted to hear right? Trump did the same thing.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #443 on: August 29, 2018, 09:47:56 PM »

I'm torn. I want Cuomo to go down in flames, but at the same time, I want him in the 2020 race to split votes with the other centrist/neoliberal Dems (Booker/Harris).
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #444 on: August 29, 2018, 09:56:52 PM »

I just watched the debate. Cuomo did terrible, I'm actually surprised. Nixon wasn't nearly as good as some people here are claiming, however. Cuomo did have a point about her interrupting. She would also do this thing where instead of answering the question, she would attack Cuomo? Not that I'm opposed to attacking Cuomo, but I'm not sure how well that would play since most Democrats do like Cuomo.

Though half of the debate was about subjects that have nothing to do with upstate, so I was pretty unimpressed in general. If there was any moment that I think would cause any movement, it would be when Nixon claimed Cuomo received money from the Koch brothers. From a few comments I've seen, that might have changed a few minds.

I really want Cuomo to lose, but this debate will do nothing. I guess our best hope is that the Weinstein story gets coverage.
Duke of York

« Reply #445 on: August 29, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »

I just watched the debate. Cuomo did terrible, I'm actually surprised. Nixon wasn't nearly as good as some people here are claiming, however. Cuomo did have a point about her interrupting. She would also do this thing where instead of answering the question, she would attack Cuomo? Not that I'm opposed to attacking Cuomo, but I'm not sure how well that would play since most Democrats do like Cuomo.

Though half of the debate was about subjects that have nothing to do with upstate, so I was pretty unimpressed in general. If there was any moment that I think would cause any movement, it would be when Nixon claimed Cuomo received money from the Koch brothers. From a few comments I've seen, that might have changed a few minds.

I really want Cuomo to lose, but this debate will do nothing. I guess our best hope is that the Weinstein story gets coverage.

She came of as rude and totally ignorant of fact and how government works. I thought he wiped the floor with her but I have little faith in the voting public or polls anymore. Nixon told people what they wanted to hear.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #446 on: August 29, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »

She came of as rude and totally ignorant of fact and how government works. I thought he wiped the floor with her but I have little faith in the voting public or polls anymore. Nixon told people what they wanted to hear.

"Wiped the floor" by falsely (and hilariously) calling her a corporate Democrat, among other idiotic false statements.
Duke of York

« Reply #447 on: August 29, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »

"Wiped the floor" by falsely (and hilariously) calling her a corporate Democrat, among other idiotic false statements.

She knows absolutely nothing about how government works and is totally unqualified and was incredibly rude. The debate only solidified my vote for Cuomo
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #448 on: August 29, 2018, 10:04:09 PM »

If she wins I will lose any faith i hate left in politics but then I again I have no faith in the electorate anymore.

It's quite impressive that you think New York primaries represent the electorate and have faith in them in the first place.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #449 on: August 29, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »

She knows absolutely nothing about how government works and is totally unqualified and was incredibly rude. The debate only solidified my vote for Cuomo

She's a progressive who's willing to work for the people, Cuomo isn't. have fun acting your vote on a deadbeat "Democrat"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies