Atlanta Fed GDP forecasts collapses from 5.4% to 1.9%.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:01:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlanta Fed GDP forecasts collapses from 5.4% to 1.9%.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlanta Fed GDP forecasts collapses from 5.4% to 1.9%.  (Read 746 times)
henster
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/all-that-optimism-for-hot-first-quarter-economic-growth-is-rapidly-fading-away.html?__source=sharebar%7Ctwitter&par=sharebar
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 05:18:33 PM »

Recession incoming.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »

I believe I called this back when it was originally posted. Atlanta Fed is notorious for posting insane numbers pulled from its a(s)s
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 05:31:18 PM »

We should be so lucky.
Joey1996

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »

Can we please stop begging for a recession?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 08:39:49 AM »

I hope there's a recession big enough that the government can't afford to turn the freaking frogs gay!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 09:34:32 AM »

I hope there's a recession big enough that the government can't afford to turn the freaking frogs gay!

The cats...THEY'RE BROWN!
Joey1996

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 10:40:43 AM »

I chuckled.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 11:00:55 AM »

If you are wishing for a recession then be smart and wish for one that starts during the winter/spring of 2020.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 02:03:20 PM »

I'm not going to wish for a recession but should one occur, the Dems need to adopt the narrative that they are good with the economy and the public needs to stop giving it back to the people that mess it up (GOP) every time it improves so they can do it all over again.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »

I'm not going to wish for a recession but should one occur, the Dems need to adopt the narrative that they are good with the economy and the public needs to stop giving it back to the people that mess it up (GOP) every time it improves so they can do it all over again.

Unfortunately, people have a hard time remembering things like this. So, quite often it seems like while Republicans are in power, things do well (Bush inheriting Clinton's work, Trump inheriting Obama's, etc), and while Democrats are, things do poorly (Obama inheriting Bush's problems...) Throw in the regular partisan back-and-forth-ness, and you end up with a good portion of the electorate who legitimately believe that Republicans are better for the economy, as well as folks who know they're not, but are high enough income that they can ride the recession out and know the 'pubs will give them more kick-backs when things improve again.

I am honestly terrified for the next recession. We owe so much money, and instead of increasing taxes when we had the chance, we cut them and raised spending on our pointlessly large military. If things go south in a hurry, people will realize how ridiculous it was to call the last recession the "Great Recession."

Luckily, 1.9% is not a recession yet. Here's hoping the Dems can get in soon enough to make the changes that need to be made. It sucks, because again, like with Obamacare, they'll only be in long enough to make the changes and then people will whine about having to pay more taxes and will give them the boot, but hopefully we can keep things from completely falling apart. As someone in the middle class, I would happily pay more taxes to keep things from falling apart.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies