Haslam for Governor!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 05:43:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Haslam for Governor!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Haslam for Governor!  (Read 914 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:09:09 PM »

Haslam for Governor: Announcement Speech

”...Hello, my friends. I have an announcement to make, one that I’m honestly not upset about, and another one that I’m ecstatic about. It’s great to be back here in the South. It feels like home, the Air, the history, I remember my roots are with this great region. I remember how years ago I was recruited to run for Legislature, how we changed the South under my leadership as Speaker, we enacted all kinds of bold ideas. I served in the first House as Majority Leader, and I took some time to return to the private sector. I heard Atlasia call me back to duty for a few terms, where I again served as Majority Leader. We got things done, and I’m proud of my time in the House. I was elected to the Senate with almost no opposition, however the Senate needs new leadership. It’s a shame what’s happened under there, and although I am Dean of the Senate, I feel like there is a better candidate who can run in that Senate seat. It’s time to pass on the torch, Hell I’m a first termer and I’m somehow the Dean of the Senate. Atlasia is suffering problems, big ones, that need and deserve big solutions. I have come to the conclusion that I would be a better Governor than a Senator. Our South needs a Governor who can lead, who’s experienced in legislating, and in the game. I’ve been in the Regional Legislature, the House, the Senate, I think I can do well as a Governor. Atlasia, and the South, need someone who will defend our good values. Someone who will defend and fight for the common man is needed as a Governor, someone who will fight every day for that single parent to have a good job, someone who will fight every day to make the region a great place for the immigrant to study, a person who will fight every day to enact good legislation, and govern bipartisanly to better people’s lives. My friends, I am announcing my run for Governor of the South. It’s always been a hope of mine to be elected as Governor of this great region. If you can give me that privilege, and elect me, I will not let you down. Thank you!!!...”

(An old reference^)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:16 PM »

Proudly endorsed! Haslam will do great as Governor of the South!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:21:55 PM »

Sidenote, has Haslam ever actually used his namesake as an identifier? I've been meaning to ask, but I never got around to it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »

Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:46 PM »

Thanks man!

Sidenote, has Haslam ever actually used his namesake as an identifier? I've been meaning to ask, but I never got around to it.

Lmao I figured someone would ask soon, it’s almost like... to indicate age I guess... would be the best way to put it. Lately I’ve been going with Kasich to show that I’ve been in the game a bit longer, but it went from Haslam to Rand Paul to Kasich.

Purple heart
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »

Gubernatorial Candidate Haslam’s Political Positions:

The Economy:

The economy is honestly the most important issue facing my constituents in the South. I want to try to help every Southerner get ahead, and I would love to work on a special economic task force in the Assembly to get some real results done, possibly a “jobs.gov” type of idea like how we did in the Old South, because it worked. I’d love to see different solutions from both sides, but I want to help get the common head ahead and out of rut. I believe personally that we have to limit excessive spending on things we don’t need, but I’ll get back to that.

The Budget/Government Spending:

I would also work with the Assembly to get the budget situation under control. I’d also hire a private group to fund an investigation into wasteful government spending, and make recommendations for cuts, and for underfunded departments if necessary.

Immigration:

I believe we should give every hard working person a shot at the Atlasian dream. There’s a lot of hate towards immigrants unfortunately, what we don’t realize is, our country needs more love. As Governor, I will make sure that peaceful, hardworking immigrants who contribute to our economy are accepted in. If any commit violent crimes, deportation is certainly understandable. I believe most immigrants are good people though, and I’ll work hard to protect them.

Environment/Global Warming:

Honestly, Global Warming is a huge issue on our planet. I’ll make sure we’re a “clean” region. I also have plans to try to invest a lot more in clean energy, and adding incentives for companies to build a lot more clean energy sources, such as windmills, solar panels, etc. That policy could help us also flourish economically, and energy wise.

Guns:

I believe in the right of an Atlasian citizen to own a firearm. That being said, there does have to be some restrictions. I would love to see a mental capacity test and a firearms training course in order to own a weapon, and it must be taken every 5-6 years, or to own more than three guns. It seems pretty reasonable, and I think it could work out. There’s more I want to do on that front, but if I’m elected you’ll see a lot more talk about that, and banning bumpstocks and such things.

Bipartisanship:

I’m not going to back down from my positions, because I believe in them. I believe in bipartisan solutions for Atlasia, and the South. The best solutions are ones that are debated intensely, and not just passed by a single party. I’m a strong Federalist, but I’m willing to improve our great region and make it thriving, to make it a shining city on a hill. Let’s make our region greater!!!

Activity:

Most citizens in the South, and Atlasia, of course believe our nation is going on the wrong track. I totally agree with them. Our economic situation is tricky, to say the best. We just got out of a war, and we’re spending a lot. But our activity? Our legislators can’t even get themselves out to vote on some things. I’m going to admit I’ve been partially involved in that. Sometimes I’m caught up in things, I’m not going to lie, I have a life and sometimes things block me. But I truly care about Atlasia and have ever since I joined. I won’t disappoint you as Governor. Trust me. I’ve shown results in the old Southern Assembly, the House, and the Senate. Let’s get out region working again.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 05:32:06 PM »

Seeing this platform from a Federalist, I'm quite relieved and happy to see your position on gun control. Thank you for being commonsense enough to support some meaningful policy like having to retake a test every few years, and if you get elected governor I'd be very excited to put that into law with you. Best of luck!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »

Thanks, and aye it’s fine, the more the merrier!!!

Seeing this platform from a Federalist, I'm quite relieved and happy to see your position on gun control. Thank you for being commonsense enough to support some meaningful policy like having to retake a test every few years, and if you get elected governor I'd be very excited to put that into law with you. Best of luck!

Thank you!! I’d love to have that law going really shortly after being elected. I’d be really happy to make this happen!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »

Haslam I have a specific question for you.

In your platform you call for getting the budget situation and cutting wasteful spending, I assume that means voting for only legislation that is fully funded and cutting the deficit right?

I want to ask how we could trust you as Governor to be fiscally responsible and support fully funded legislation when you recently voted for the Free Higher Education For Atlasia Act when it, even under the most Rosy of estimates, isn't fully funded. 

The report that shows it isn't fully funded is in this post:  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=284086.msg6126857#msg6126857
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »

In your platform you call for getting the budget situation and cutting wasteful spending, I assume that means voting for only legislation that is fully funded and cutting the deficit right?

I want to ask how we could trust you as Governor to be fiscally responsible and support fully funded legislation when you recently voted for the Free Higher Education For Atlasia Act when it, even under the most Rosy of estimates, isn't fully funded.

I was wondering about that as well.  It's great that you want more educational opportunities for our people; I agree with you on the need for that.  However, if we were to pass this bill (or a bill like it), who would pay for things like teachers, and quality educational programs? And where would that money come from?

PS: Milestone alert....this is my THOUSANDTH POST!! "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" -- Ric Flair  Wink
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 10:33:45 AM »

The report that shows it isn't fully funded is in this post:  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=284086.msg6126857#msg6126857

Sorry that I was late in answering this question, and I voted for it because I believe Atlasians can have a great education without putting themselves in financial rut. I believe the House will take care of that issue, that’s why I voted for it. It’ll be fully funded when it’s done, else I won’t support it.

I was wondering about that as well.  It's great that you want more educational opportunities for our people; I agree with you on the need for that.  However, if we were to pass this bill (or a bill like it), who would pay for things like teachers, and quality educational programs? And where would that money come from?

PS: Milestone alert....this is my THOUSANDTH POST!! "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" -- Ric Flair  Wink

Oof
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sorry Senator, but I must ask just as I asked Louisville. Why do you find it a responsible action to pass the buck to another chamber when it comes to funding?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 11:39:44 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sorry Senator, but I must ask just as I asked Louisville. Why do you find it a responsible action to pass the buck to another chamber when it comes to funding?

No need to be sorry, believe me I understand. I believe that in the Senate we didn’t get the job done on its funding, however I agree with the overall goal of the bill. I believe the House is very efficient, and they’ll get the proper funding necessary. If they don’t, then if it comes up again I won’t support it.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »

Gubernatorial Candidate Haslam’s Plans for his first days in Office:

My fellow Southerners, along with my platform, I have many legislative and executive changes planned to reform our great region.

As soon as I get into office,I’m going to introduce something similar to what I did as Senator- a Wasted Funding Investigation Act. That’s a key to solving government waste.

I’m also going to introduce a bill similar to what I introduced in the local Legislature around two years ago. A bill encouraging adoption, and the protection of life. It’s yet to be named, but it’s in the works.

I’ll also heavily invest in the industries of the future. I’ll heavily encourage more clean energy in our region- it’s in great demand and it’ll be great for our region!!!

That’s only three laws, I have many more sort of “written up” behind the scenes. I hope to work on these issues though, as soon as I get into office.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 05:48:18 PM »

Senator, I believe strongly in deficit reduction and ensuring that we do not continue "pass the buck" of debt on to future generations. You propose a "Wasted Funding Investigation Act," yet "wasted funding" is an inherently subjective term. Along with that, all funding is shown in the budget, do we really need an "investigation" to give us something we already have. The funds to support such an act seem like another example of cheap political pork-barrel spending to me. I would be quite interested to hear your elaboration on this issue.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 05:55:56 PM »

Senator, I believe strongly in deficit reduction and ensuring that we do not continue "pass the buck" of debt on to future generations. You propose a "Wasted Funding Investigation Act," yet "wasted funding" is an inherently subjective term. Along with that, all funding is shown in the budget, do we really need an "investigation" to give us something we already have. The funds to support such an act seem like another example of cheap political pork-barrel spending to me. I would be quite interested to hear your elaboration on this issue.

I believe that there is corruption within some government agencies. I believe that with a private investigation, we will figure out a lot more about these agencies. The investigation would make recommendations on where to cut, and how much money is being wasted in a certain department or agency, etc. The Investigation wouldn’t be pork barrel, but to make sure the investigation worked out. I believe the private sector could help the public sector.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 06:13:15 PM »

I believe that there is corruption within some government agencies. I believe that with a private investigation, we will figure out a lot more about these agencies. The investigation would make recommendations on where to cut, and how much money is being wasted in a certain department or agency, etc. The Investigation wouldn’t be pork barrel, but to make sure the investigation worked out. I believe the private sector could help the public sector.

Senator, I listed my multitude of strong concerns with your idea here. I would greatly enjoy a response to them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies