Long overdue announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:33:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Long overdue announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Long overdue announcement  (Read 396 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2005, 09:56:18 PM »

It pains me to decide today, that I must drop off the ticket for Vice President of Atlasia. When I announced my intentions of running, I was just running for Lt. Governor at the same time. But things have changed, and I am now running for Governor as well. Well, my opponents are right. I cannot run for both at the same time. The only reason why I have delayed it for this wrong, is I have been committed to trying to find a replacement for me on LiberalPA's Presidential ticket. And now that we have found one, I can safely focus on my run for Governor. It's a terrible shame that my opponent has solely attacked me on this issue, and now I am glad that this will force him to focus on the real issues at hand. Will this decision effect my results in the election? Perhaps, but as I said all along, a vote for Phil will always be a vote for Phil and anyone who wouldn't vote for Phil would NEVER vote for Phil under most circumstances. However, it is useless trying to run two campaigns at once.

I'd like to thank everyone who supported me so far, and I apologize, but I have to focus on what is more important to me and the people of the Northeast. I'd ask that we all rally behind our new VP candidate, Skybridge!. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 10:03:48 PM »

Good choice to drop VP ticket, and good alternative candidate. You have my full endorsement in the upcoming governor's race.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 10:05:53 PM »

Good choice to drop VP ticket, and good alternative candidate. You have my full endorsement in the upcoming governor's race.
\/\/()()7!!! Thanks, Hugh!!! Grin
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:09:49 PM »

Tell me something I don't know Wink

Cheesy

Thanks Hugh, as always.  Now I have to make my ad for Governor.

You should all check out Casey's ad too.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 12:26:13 AM »

Perhaps, but as I said all along, a vote for Phil will always be a vote for Phil and anyone who wouldn't vote for Phil would NEVER vote for Phil under most circumstances. However, it is useless trying to run two campaigns at once.

You are one bitter person. Grow up.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 12:39:58 AM »

Perhaps, but as I said all along, a vote for Phil will always be a vote for Phil and anyone who wouldn't vote for Phil would NEVER vote for Phil under most circumstances. However, it is useless trying to run two campaigns at once.

You are one bitter person. Grow up.

I say it like it is, Phil. You're a social conservative, no moderate or liberal should be voting for you. You said it yourself, your platform will be one of social conservativism.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 07:14:36 AM »

Thank goodness.  Even I had doubts about voting for you because you were running for two offices.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 12:26:36 PM »

Oh that's good, I'm still not voting for you, though... Tongue
Sad
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »

Oh that's good, I'm still not voting for you, though... Tongue

Sad Why on earth not?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 01:06:29 PM »

Well, not that you haven't done much for the region, but I just think that you were well suited for the job of Lt. Governor and Phil is well suited for the job of Governor.  Plus, I stronly disagree with Max Power's attitude toward and disrespect for fellow forumites, including fellow Northeasterners.  If it means anything, I would have considered you if you had picked someone else to run with or had run as Lt. Governor.  (Sorry, Casey)

P.S. - Not that I hold grudges or anything, and I do respect you for your decision to drop out as VP, but the fact that you ran for two offices even for a little while is a bit of a turn off.

I am aware of that. But I made a commitment to try and find someone for LiberalPA before I dropped off the ticket (as it ended up, I wasn't able to do that). Remember, I was expecting to not run for Governor, until MAS made his announcement. As for Casey, I was unaware he was disrespecting other forumites, perhaps he needs to be disciplined :-D
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies