I'm staying/leaving/whatever...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 10:51:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm staying/leaving/whatever...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm staying/leaving/whatever...  (Read 932 times)
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2005, 07:36:10 PM »

I'm here, but my mind is kind of wandering... it was on Vulcan for a bit, now it's wandering towards Jerusalem... wait, it took a left turn at Alberqurque and it's now somewhere around Alaska... maybe I should ask that fairy over there for directions... Tongue
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 07:37:34 PM »

How's school going, Dan?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 07:46:57 PM »

I'm here, but my mind is kind of wandering... it was on Vulcan for a bit, now it's wandering towards Jerusalem... wait, it took a left turn at Alberqurque and it's now somewhere around Alaska... maybe I should ask that fairy over there for directions... Tongue

Are you talking to me? (DeNiro impersonation) Tongue
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 08:08:28 PM »

Uh, no, I'm not. You don't have pointy ears, and you're not, as far as I know, immortal. Ergo, I wasn't talking to you.

BTW, school's going okay. My social life isn't so hot, but it never was. I spend quite a bit of time on computers (here, on other sites, plus I took 2 computer classes this semester - one just ended [it was a 1-credit 3-week class on UNIX], but I've still got more stuff (I'm learning C, by the way. It's not so difficult for someone who knows similar languages, but some of the anachronisms are making me rather grumpy (printf and scanf both suck compared to cout/cin or System.out.println or WriteLn (admittedly, System.in isn't any better then scanf),  you have to declare each function twice (once as a prototype), you have to use weird and wacky key combinations like %lf or \n (I can handle i++), and why the hell isn't there a boolean type?). On the other hand, some things are no different (a for loop in Java is a for loop in C, and the crazy while/do-while stuff is also the same - i'm thinking that Pascal's repeat-until made more sense then do-while; you can't confuse it for while).

BTW, I've been looking into joke programming languages. Anyone ever hear of INTERCAL? Cheesy
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 08:31:05 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2006, 01:20:19 AM by AkSaber »

Uh, no, I'm not. You don't have pointy ears, and you're not, as far as I know, immortal. Ergo, I wasn't talking to you.

Ah, well I'll keep an eye out for your mind then. Smiley

BTW, school's going okay. My social life isn't so hot, but it never was.

I can sympathize..... -_-
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies