Benjamin Netanyhua vs Narendra Modi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:35:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Benjamin Netanyhua vs Narendra Modi
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these leaders do you like more/dislike less
Narendra Modi

Benjamin Netanyhua

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Benjamin Netanyhua vs Narendra Modi  (Read 675 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2018, 07:09:10 PM »

Since Modi's worst allegations against him have been proven to be false , while Netanyahu's hasnt for me its Modi Pretty Easily. Even without the scandals I would prefer Modi but the gap between both of them wouldnt be nearly as far apart as it is now,
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:15:41 PM »

Modi has done more for the people he serves, than Netanyahu has.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 07:20:10 PM »

Modi is probably less corrupt than Netanyahu, and isn't a wannabe despot who craves to control the media and all the checks and balances on his rule. So, easily Modi.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »

Modi is changing his country for the better. Netanyahu's overall been good at making sure nothing bad happens to Israel, which is already quite a feat, but he has not managed to solve any of the problems Israel is struggling with: he is too risk-averse for that.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 08:25:12 PM »

Netanyahu.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:40:52 PM »

Modi is probably less corrupt than Netanyahu, and isn't a wannabe despot who craves to control the media and all the checks and balances on his rule. So, easily Modi.

Have you seen the kinds of censorship that are happening in India? THEY ARRESTED PEOPLE FOR CELEBRATING A PAKISTANI CRICKET WIN.

Modi has all the signs of an up-and-coming dictator, and he also has the ridiculous legislative majority he needs to become one.

And all that was "proven", OSR, was that Modi had no direct responsibility for the riots. It's obvious that his inaction allowed the killing to continue on. And he does have proven links to Hindu nationalist/supremacist groups.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 12:08:38 AM »

Netanyahu
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 01:13:46 AM »

Bibi
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 02:51:59 AM »

Have you seen the kinds of censorship that are happening in India? THEY ARRESTED PEOPLE FOR CELEBRATING A PAKISTANI CRICKET WIN.

Modi has all the signs of an up-and-coming dictator, and he also has the ridiculous legislative majority he needs to become one.

And all that was "proven", OSR, was that Modi had no direct responsibility for the riots. It's obvious that his inaction allowed the killing to continue on. And he does have proven links to Hindu nationalist/supremacist groups.

I see. Well, Netanyahu is my terrible leader, so I still like the other one better.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 03:31:29 AM »

Netanyahu
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 03:40:42 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2018, 03:51:38 AM by Old School Republican »

I see. Well, Netanyahu is my terrible leader, so I still like the other one better.

Those charges were immediately dropped: https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/sedition-charge-dropped-against-15-arrested-in-mp-for-celebrating-pakistan-win/story-z6Km1OLY233r05aMemafSK.html

Yes it was totally wrong that they were charged in the first place, but again Modi had nothing to do with them getting charged, as it was clearly the fault of some prosecutor(Its clear that once the higher ups saw the Charges were totally BS they were dropped)

About extremist groups, people made that same argument about the John Birchers and Reagan even though it was obvious Reagan was not an extremist like the John Birchers were. Similarly, Modi isnt an extremist either.

Lastly if Modi at most on Social Issues is as right wing as Cruz is

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 03:21:21 PM »

Netanyahu's overall been good at making sure nothing bad happens to Israel, which is quite a feat

No, that's my country's government.

You're welcome.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 03:33:15 PM »

Netanyahu's overall been good at making sure nothing bad happens to Israel, which is quite a feat

You're welcome.
No, they haven't. The U.S. is an important ally to Israel, and their assistance is appreciated, but in the end of the day it is the Israeli government and the Israeli army who keep Israel safe. And it remains to be seen whether the Obama administration's Iran deal will not turn out to be a disaster for Israel in the long run.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 03:43:50 PM »

You're welcome.
No, they haven't. The U.S. is an important ally to Israel, and their assistance is appreciated, but in the end of the day it is the Israeli government and the Israeli army who keep Israel safe. And it remains to be seen whether the Obama administration's Iran deal will not turn out to be a disaster for Israel in the long run.

"For Israel."

That's all that matters to you, huh? Keep on isolating yourself.

The Iran deal was a great foreign policy achievement, by the way. It's a shame that white nationalists and anti-Muslim extremists want to undermine it.  And yes, that includes the Israeli government and a lot of people in Israel itself, it seems.

Fortunately, American Jews tend to know better than to trust the Republican/White Nationalist/Israeli Militarist/Saudi Wahhabist Axis of Evil that has never met a war in the Middle East that it didn't like. Unfortunately, a lot of other (white and right-wing Republican, primarily) Americans aren't as aware of the dangers of throwing your lot in with that crowd.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 04:02:32 PM »

You're welcome.

Iran is the lesser of the two evil compared to Saudi Arabia, and yet nobody from either side complains about the fact that their haven’t been sanctions imposed on Saudi Arabia.

Also The US and The Soviet Union made agreements with each other throughout the Cold War and the Soviet Union was a much much bigger threat to the US and the World than Iran is to any country.

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 04:11:38 PM »

PR, when did you become such a hack? It's like SJW bingo in every post of yours these days. Everyone who disagrees is a racist fascist white nationalist alt-right Zionist extremist white supremacist. No original thoughts anymore, too boring! I think I'm gonna use iggy Virginia-style for you.

@Old School Republican: Iran is not the lesser of two evils in a geopolitical sense, even though it probably is the more free country compared to Saudi Arabia -- but that's quite a low bar. There's no problem with striking an agreement with Iran. Striking a bad agreement, however, is a problem, and I am still not convinced that we will not be in deep sh**t in 15 years with an Iran that's armed to the teeth.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »

PR, when did you become such a hack? It's like SJW bingo in every post of yours these days. Everyone who disagrees is a racist fascist white nationalist alt-right Zionist extremist white supremacist. No original thoughts anymore, too boring! I think I'm gonna use iggy Virginia-style for you.

@Old School Republican: Iran is not the lesser of two evils in a geopolitical sense, even though it probably is the more free country compared to Saudi Arabia -- but that's quite a low bar. There's no problem with striking an agreement with Iran. Striking a bad agreement, however, is a problem, and I am still not convinced that we will not be in deep sh**t in 15 years with an Iran that's armed to the teeth.

Saudi Arabia funds Whhabi Mosques which radicalize people and their brand of radical Islam is much more common among Terrorist Groups than Iran’s brand is .

On the deal , I support the deal but I also support enforcing it strictly as well to make sure Iran doesn’t back out on their side of the agreement
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 07:46:50 PM »

PR, when did you become such a hack?

I dunno, but when there are a lot of powerful people who are so attuned to any whiff of anti-Semitism except when the anti-Semites happen to support the Israeli war against the Palestinian people, and who do their best to stifle all dissenting views both within my country (the USA is not Israel) and elsewhere, being accused of hackishness isn't a concern of mine.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies