Denver considering decriminalizing 'shrooms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:27:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Denver considering decriminalizing 'shrooms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Denver considering decriminalizing 'shrooms  (Read 1999 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »

link to the Good News!
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:47 PM »

If people want this for medicinal purposes (which I do believe there are), it probably should be under professional supervision imo. Obviously it's plenty possible to do it solo or with friends, but the more people do it, the more dumb people who will make dumb decisions or take too much and freak out, and that won't look very good. On the plus side, it's not a substance people get addicted to.

All in all, freedom move :*
TheLaRocca
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 04:56:38 PM »

STUPID idea, if you have depressed people taking psychedelics the result will be catastrophic.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »

Hmm.

I’m ambivalent. Not all mushrooms are safe. A lot of idiots get very sick or die if they don’t know what they’re ingesting.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »

Hmm.

I’m ambivalent. Not all mushrooms are safe. A lot of idiots get very sick or die if they don’t know what they’re ingesting.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 05:10:13 PM »

FF move.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 05:10:55 PM »

STUPID idea, if you have depressed people taking psychedelics the result will be catastrophic.
Well, I’ve certainly been swayed by your well-reasoned argument and apparent medical expertise.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »

Why are Americans, unique among the world, so dependent on mood altering substances to function? I do not mean just alcohol (the only people who outdrink Americans are Brits), or even typical "hard" or "street" drugs, but drugs of all type. The US population equates cannabis to "freedom" and is the world's greatest per capita consumer of this product. The US permits codeine to be sold OTC where in most countries you need a prescription. The medications that we force feed to livestock is just obscene. This country needs a detox.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 05:39:39 PM »

I should clarify - decriminalizing is not a bad idea on the merits, but consuming shrooms =/= smoking the occasional doobie.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 06:19:09 PM »

Why are Americans, unique among the world, so dependent on mood altering substances to function? I do not mean just alcohol (the only people who outdrink Americans are Brits), or even typical "hard" or "street" drugs, but drugs of all type. The US population equates cannabis to "freedom" and is the world's greatest per capita consumer of this product. The US permits codeine to be sold OTC where in most countries you need a prescription. The medications that we force feed to livestock is just obscene. This country needs a detox.
you seem uptight.  Here, take this, quick!
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 06:33:25 PM »

hmmm
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 06:35:07 PM »

you seem uptight.  Here, take this, quick!

Doesn't it strike you as strange that Mexico, Canada, South America, the Middle East, all export their home-grown intoxicants to the US, but don't consume them at our levels? Hint: this trade is not to our benefit.

Of course, psychotropic mushrooms grow natively in the US, but that doesn't give us right to poach them off like we're doing to our ginseng.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

hmmm

Western Europe has a high per-capita illicit drug use compared to other geopolitical regions, but even there, its not at US levels. Our drug use in everything but tobacco is outrageous.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 10:09:41 PM »

My oldest son almost died from an overdose of "shroom juice" in 1996.  That charcoal cocktail in the ER saved his life.  That, and my wife's quick observation that something was terribly off.

This is not a step forward for Denver.  Trust me.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 11:59:05 PM »

Honestly? It's because for us in the working class our lives kinda suck so we need these things to make them worth living.

If we were a nice Social-Democracy maybe things would be different, but nope.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »

Medical first. Good move.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 12:54:41 AM »

I should clarify - decriminalizing is not a bad idea on the merits, but consuming shrooms =/= smoking the occasional doobie.
Joey1996

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 01:14:43 AM »

Decriminalize all drugs, regulate and tax the manufacturing and sales
kyc0705

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 01:58:22 AM »

Next, they should move onto decriminalizing cocaine, because it has the charitable benefit of making boring, affluent white people temporarily think they have personalities.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 02:06:38 AM »

FF move. Let people do what they wish.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 02:31:04 AM »

Thank you Denver I appreciate you
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 08:12:27 AM »

How shocking this is taking place in Denver.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »

Though I suppose decriminalization is still a good idea, shrooms are not innocent. They were banned in the Netherlands ten years ago because tourists would continue to jump out of their hotel windows in Amsterdam and die. I don't think we've had these problems afterwards.

Honestly? It's because for us in the working class our lives kinda suck so we need these things to make them worth living.

Scandinavia also has an alcoholism problem.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »

Though I suppose decriminalization is still a good idea, shrooms are not innocent. They were banned in the Netherlands ten years ago because tourists would continue to jump out of their hotel windows in Amsterdam and die. I don't think we've had these problems afterwards.

Scandinavia also has an alcoholism problem.

it happens but a lot of the data seems to point to pretty low risk

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »

Why are Americans, unique among the world, so dependent on mood altering substances to function? I do not mean just alcohol (the only people who outdrink Americans are Brits)

[citation needed]
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies