Chuck Schumer: Palestinians are the reason there is no peace in the Middle East
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:57:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chuck Schumer: Palestinians are the reason there is no peace in the Middle East
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Chuck Schumer: Palestinians are the reason there is no peace in the Middle East  (Read 5322 times)
Joey1996

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:43:06 PM »
« edited: March 07, 2018, 04:44:57 PM by TexasGurl »

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:45:56 PM »

Oh Chuck.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »

Lol

Can't use religious texts to not bake a cake for gay people but can use religious texts for foreign policy....a okay!
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »

Schumer is very pro Israel. To the point that it even makes me, a religious Jew, uncomfortable.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 04:53:49 PM »

Gross
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:02:03 PM »

Am I the only one reading this a different way?

To me he's saying that the Jews believe there is a historical, religious justification for their ownership of the land while Palestinians come from a different tradition and dont believe what the Jews believe....so thats why theres conflict.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »

Oooof Chuck
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »

Sen. Schumer is simply acknowledging the fact that Jews have a deep historical tie, thousands of years old, to the land of Israel. The Palestinian Authority routinely denies Israel's right to exist, and thus don't allow for any serious peace agreement to be reached. I don't defend Chuck Schumer on many things, but he is not wrong in this case.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »

Sen. Schumer is simply acknowledging the fact that Jews have a deep historical tie, thousands of years old, to the land of Israel. The Palestinian Authority routinely denies Israel's right to exist, and thus don't allow for any serious peace agreement to be reached. I don't defend Chuck Schumer on many things, but he is not wrong in this case.

No they don't.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »

To me he's saying that the Jews believe there is a historical, religious justification for their ownership of the land while Palestinians come from a different tradition and dont believe what the Jews believe....so thats why theres conflict.

Yeah that's what he's trying to say, not that it matters much since he believes in that anyway.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 05:13:40 PM »

Pathetic leader. Bought and paid for by Israel.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »

FF Chuck, though Zionists are equally to blame.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 05:15:44 PM »

Its true
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 05:16:07 PM »

Should have said "a reason" not "the reason".

Its like he forgot saudi Arabia and iran exist.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 05:16:41 PM »

No they don't.

I should have been more clear - The PA routinely denies Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state, which is to deny the Jews their historic homeland.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

That's how I'm reading it, too.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »

Schumer is a Jewish-American Democrat.

What do you expect.

The far left continues to win votes of Jewish-Americans in Broward County, Fla., NY, NJ.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 05:21:51 PM »

My kind of Democrat Smiley

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »

No they don't.

I should have been more clear - The PA routinely denies Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state, which is to deny the Jews their historic homeland.

No they don't. Not for the past 25 years. Read the Oslo Accords.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »

That's how I'm reading it, too.

Yes. You are probably correct.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »

Schumer is a Jewish-American Democrat.

What do you expect.

The far left continues to win votes of Jewish-Americans in Broward County, Fla., NY, NJ.
He's not for Jewish Americans, they actually want peace in the middle east.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »

No they don't.

"We will never recognize the Jewishness of the State of Israel" - Mahmoud Abbas - November 2014.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-palestinians-will-never-recognize-israel-as-jewish-state/
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »

No they don't.

"We will never recognize the Jewishness of the State of Israel" - Mahmoud Abbas - November 2014.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-palestinians-will-never-recognize-israel-as-jewish-state/

Dude...it's like Trump...he doesn't actually mean what he says
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »

No they don't.

Dude...it's like Trump...he doesn't actually mean what he says

Well, just as with Trump, and all leaders, words matter. When you're the leader of the Palestinian Authority and are supposed to be willing to engage in peace talks with Israel, you can't go around denying its religious heritage - which is integral to its existence as a refuge for the Jewish people.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2018, 05:41:15 PM by Statilius the Epicurean »

No they don't.

That's not denying Israel's right to exist. That's standing up for the rights of Israeli Arabs and Druze (1.5 million) not to be considered foreigners in their own country.

You wouldn't support the United States being declared a white state, would you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies