War For America - An Alternate 2016 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:26:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  War For America - An Alternate 2016 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: War For America - An Alternate 2016 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 3230 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: March 06, 2018, 02:40:55 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Campaign Schedule

September 1st
Campaign Announcement in Little Rock

You must be logged in to read this quote.

September 2nd-6th

Tour from Arkansas to Iowa, with rallies about raising the minimum wage and equal pay

September 7th
Debate in LA (will post answers below)

September 8th

Tour of solar panels in Nevada, barnstorming on energy independence through green energy

September 9th-10th

Rallies in Reno and Las Vegas, promoting a minimum wage increase to $12/hr

September 11th

Attends 9/11 memorial in New York

September 12th-15th

Townhalls around New Hampshire, listening to experiences with opioid abuse, and wage stagnation

September 16th-20th

Tour of Northeast: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, and Vermont, talking about preserving the President’s legacy as well as progressing the country forward

September 21st-26th

Rallies in South Carolina

September 27th-31st

Tour of farms in Iowa, announcing focus on agriculture reform

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:07:25 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Democratic Debate answers

Opening Statement

“Hello and thank you for having me. It’s been an honor to serve as the first woman Vice President in this nation’s history. We’ve made incredible progress since I was elected alongside President Bredesen, but we must not get complacent. I want to make the historic election of a woman to this nation’s highest office coincide with progress in energy independence, a world class education system, and major reform to our government agencies to better help the average worker.

Senator Sanders’ run for President was the showing of a healthy democracy. It proved that the Democratic Party is a big tent party, with room for President Bredesen and Bernie Sanders. Now, I’ve said for a while that I’m a radical moderate, but I will absolutely choose a progressive for Vice President. I will also pursue progressive goals in equal pay, women’s rights, and the environment. I have a track record for getting stuff done.

The President knows this is an area where I disagree with him. It is way past time to scale back entanglements in Iraq. I will personally pursue a less aggressive foreign policy, especially in areas that we are in danger of overstepping our role. America should serve as the world’s firefighter, not its police force.”

This is the perfect example of us stepping up as firefighters. We see that Turkey and Russia are playing with matches, so we need to halt these reckless actions. First, we need an international coalition in the UN to decry any country, not just Turkey, who tries to stoke authoritarianism. The next step is that we must use sanctions to tell Russia to keep out of the way of progress. I truly believe that we can use a strong arm without moving toward boots on the ground.

I am so happy to carry the legacy of women like Geraldine Ferraro, Shirley Chisholm, and my home state’s own, Hattie Caraway. I was overjoyed to serve as Vice President, however, I am an independent voice with my own vision for the country. I will lead us in a less interventionalist foreign policy direction. I will push for greener and more independent energy production. The President’s legacy is one that should not only be protected, but expanded on. That’s what I will do as President.

Closing Statement

In 2008, America made history, electing me alongside President Bredesen. This year, we have nearly as much uncertainty as we had then. The answer is not to throw away the progress that this administration has made, but to build upon it. If you nominate me, I will protect your rights as workers, expand energy jobs of tomorrow, and work tirelessly to bring our troops into safety. It is incumbent on all of us to bend the arc of this country towards justice, and to not get complacent with the progress this administration has ushered in. Let’s make history, America.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies