Scott for Fremont Parliament (Meadowlark) - Running in special election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:11:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott for Fremont Parliament (Meadowlark) - Running in special election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Scott for Fremont Parliament (Meadowlark) - Running in special election  (Read 3010 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2018, 01:38:13 AM »
« edited: December 03, 2018, 12:47:53 PM by MP Scott🦋 »

Today I am officially kicking off my campaign for Fremont Parliament.  I am running for Parliament under the Centre Party banner, and I hope to use this campaign as the starting block for the Centre movement in Fremont.

Fremont, as we know, is a large region, rich with diversity in its people, its land, and its industries - from Silicon Valley to the heart of our nation's breadbasket.  The region at large enjoys a rich economy, a sizable budget surplus, and most importantly, a thriving political environment.  Locally, the region faces many challenges ahead.  Climate change, the water crisis, income inequality, states like Wyoming whose economies depend on a limited number of resources (namely oil, coal, and gas) and are therefore subject to booms and busts.

As a Member of Parliament, these shall be my priorities:

• Supporting our region's small farmers, who have been forgotten in the age of globalization and unfair trade policies
  • Diversifying the economies of small states that currently are entirely dependent on fossil fuels, by investing in renewable energy and steering these states away from the boom-and-bust cycle
  • Fighting climate change and Fremont's water crisis
  • Protecting the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, while supporting common sense reforms like universal background checks
  • Promoting sustainable development and transport
  • Maintaining a balanced budget and opposing the introduction of any regional sales tax

Recently, the First Minister proposed an amendment to Fremont's constitution which would have the First Minister be elected as a Member of Parliament and selected by their fellow MPs.  I strongly oppose this change, and I concur with former First Minister Truman that adopting it would easily lead to the creation of an unrepresentative government.  In my view, it is essential that we continue to have our First Minister directly elected by the citizens, and I would firmly resist any attempt to remove that power from the people of Fremont.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:47:02 AM »

A lot of this platform is already aligned with the Order of the Phoenix party...

Oh, and endorsed, of course. Always great to add another solid MP to our already star-studded parliament.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 01:51:09 AM »

Endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 02:11:12 AM »

A lot of this platform is already aligned with the Order of the Phoenix party...

Oh, and endorsed, of course. Always great to add another solid MP to our already star-studded parliament.

Admittedly I'm not familiar with this party.  Centre is essentially a non-single issue agrarian party.

I appreciate your support.

Thank you!
DFL

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 10:16:19 AM »

Purple heart

Also, endorsed even if ur tryna make me look bad
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 03:08:55 PM »

Purple heart

Thank you, First Minister.  I look forward to engaging in a constructive dialogue on the issue in the months ahead.
DFL

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »

Purple heart

Thank you, First Minister.  I look forward to engaging in a constructive dialogue on the issue in the months ahead.

If we need to trade blows lemme know I’m willing to duel
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 07:40:07 PM »

Now that a snap election appears increasingly likely, bumping this thread seems appropriate. Tongue

My policies and priorities for our region are the same as the day I declared, and as MP I hope to present a new vision for Fremont within the Centre movement.  I will fight for high environmental standards, protect rural lands, modernize infrastructure, defend our gun rights, and support policies that make our energy-producing states leaders in the green economy.

One of my first proposals as MP will be the introduction of a region-owned bank in the mold of North Dakota's state-owned bank, which has resulted in a boon to state agriculture, commerce, and industry.  In addition to providing competition to commercial banks in Fremont and investing in our region's businesses, this initiative would provide more opportunities to students in the form of student loan guarantees.  By investing in our region, we will have an economy that works for everyone.

With that said, my hope is that the Parliament passes the no-confidence motion so that Fremonters can elect the government that they deserve - one whose members are active, and debate and ideas thrive.

Thank you.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 08:16:26 PM »

Easiest decision ever. Super mega endorsed.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:22 AM »

Easiest decision ever. Super mega endorsed.

thank you Siren!!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 01:18:33 AM »

Since the Fremont Parliament elections are about to be upon us and since I know you will provide a much needed boost to the Chamber, Endorsed!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 02:33:13 AM »

Since the Fremont Parliament elections are about to be upon us and since I know you will provide a much needed boost to the Chamber, Endorsed!

Thank you, Mr. President!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 05:33:01 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2018, 07:23:17 AM by Scott🦋 »

Pictured: Centre candidates Scott (left) and Goldwater (right) meet supporters in Minneapolis, Minnesota

My friends,

For those who know me and Goldwater, I think few would ever expect us to be sharing a platform together.  There is no doubt that me and Goldwater have our political differences, but here it is the fundamental values of the Centre Party that bring us here with you today.

Those values include freedom: freedom of opportunity.  Freedom to pursue your dreams regardless of where you live.  Freedom to cultivate our land for the betterment of society and the individual pursuit of happiness, by having an economic and eco-friendly environment for farmers and industrialists alike.

And we recognize that in such a geographically and economically diverse region like ours, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to the problems facing Fremont.  That is why we must empower state and local governments to make decisions that best fit the needs of their constituents.  But more than that, we must increase participation in local decision-making!

Where I come from in New Hampshire, politics is considered the state sport.  The existence of direct-democracy town halls throughout New England communities has made local governments directly accountable to the people they serve.  The town hall system has also produced a politically informed electorate, and enabled underrepresented groups, especially women, to have a real voice in their government.

With better community organizing, states with high rural and urban populations, like here in Minnesota, may govern themselves as they see fit.  Community leaders, including law enforcement, shall be accountable only to you the people.  Not the lobbyists, corporate interests, bureaucrats, or the great blue shield that allows police brutality and government corruption to go unabated!

And so I invite you to join this growing movement.  Let us have a government that answers directly to the people.  Next election, let us elect Centre candidates up and down the ballot, from Parliament all the way down to dog-catcher!

And now, seeing as it's 4/20, I think I'll end my speech by lighting one up. 8]
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 08:57:17 AM »

Definitely Endorsed!
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 09:19:53 AM »

As Scott said, despite our politics differences there are many values that we both share, and if you too share those vales you should support the Centre Party for parliament. So since I have not yet formally said it, endorsed! Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »

Good luck to you both! You'll have my support.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »

Not in Fremont, but of course endorsed. Scott will be a wonderful legislator!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 01:32:24 PM »

Endorsed!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »

Thank you all for your support.  Polls for our snap election are now open!  I encourage all Fremonters to get out and vote for YE for First Minister, and to give Goldwater a high preference for the Parliament.  Let's break the two-party hold on power in Fremont and begin a new path for our great region!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »

Endorsed!!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 12:19:54 AM »
« Edited: May 01, 2018, 12:29:30 AM by Scott🦋 »

The results have been certified, and we did it!  When the new Parliament convenes on Wednesday, Centre will have two seats in government!  With 35% of the popular vote, I'd say not bad for a small new party.

This victory would not have been possible without your support.  I congratulate all the winners of this weekend's election, and I look forward to working with my fellow MPs, and the First Minister-elect, in moving Fremont in a new direction.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »

I'm very, very happy to have you in parliament, good sir; congratulations!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 01:47:40 AM »

Agrarian Populism has risen again! Smiley
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 12:12:07 PM »

Congratulations, Scott! I can't make endorsements anymore because they are too long, too meaningful, and too personal, and then no one cares. But you will make an amazing MP. Congratulations on your amazing victory.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »

My friends, I would like to make an announcement regarding the upcoming presidential election.

Now that all the major candidates are in, it's time to make a choice.  After much thought, I have determined which, out of all these great tickets, is best prepared to lead our country in a new direction.  And the candidates best qualified to do that are...

Lumine and Siren!

I've known Senator Lumine and former Senator Siren since they each started out here.  Both are great citizens who have a proven record of trust.  Lumine made it to be one of our Moderators General (is that the word?), and for the last few months I've had the pleasure of co-moderating with Siren on the forum's sister board, Atlas After Dark (join if you haven't yet!).  Both of them have sterling records of hard work and integrity.  Both have earned the confidence of the two factions of the 'greater Atlas' community, and while me and Lumine may differ on some issues, I believe he has what it takes to bring unity, and civic-mindedness, to our great Republic.

The Lumine administration will be one of civility, activity, and openness.  Lumine acknowledges the challenges our country - and the globe - are facing.  That's why he voted to keep the carbon tax initiative on the books.  He understands that mass deregulation is not the antidote to our nation's problems.  And now at a time when pollution and man-made climate change are eroding the planet, increasing scarcity of resources and poverty around the globe, contributing to natural disasters and the destruction of people's homes, killing biodiversity, and wiping out more endangered species - it is imperative that we have a team in the White House who will take these problems head-on and support green initiatives.

As for Siren, there's more I could say about her than I could fit into a single post.  I remember the first time Siren joined, years ago, and became one of the first members of my short-lived Light Party.  Siren is someone I'm proud to consider a friend.  Together in the Senate, we held the administration's feet to the fire to see that Atlasia's involvement in Korean War would be swift and that the blood shed by our service members would be minimal and not in vain.  It was the start of the Korean War which led to the creation of the Peace Party, of which I am now a proud member.

In summary, Lumine and Siren are great patriots, great Fremontians, and great Atlasians, who will fight for us every step of the way.  I urge my fellow citizens to join this campaign, for a greater, more prosperous, civic-minded Atlasia.

Thank you, and Dave bless.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies