AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 07:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: AtlasMod 2.0: Suggest ideas  (Read 23850 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »

Is there a technical reason for a cap on the number of posters you can put on ignore.  Just asking for a friend.  Jk--really just want to see how many posters Calthrina would put on ignore with no cap.

I have no idea why, but it seems specific to however Dave implemented it. I looked at the original ignore mod he used and it doesn't have this limit.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2018, 11:02:17 AM »

Really frustrated because my update is like 98-99% done and just needs testing and stuff but I have little usable time now where I'm not at work or home but tired af or doing my morning routine. Hard to find a solid 3-4 hours where I can just push forward on this project. An hour here or there isn't really enough.

Could be a while Unsure
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2018, 11:19:27 AM »

Maybe you mods should focus on something useful like sanity control of what-if timelines instead of improving the forum features?

Seriously though, you've been doing an amazing job
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2019, 12:13:58 AM »

Odd request: a Trash board. At present, when a moderator removes stuff it tends to just go in the memory hole, which I think is an error, because a) occasionally mods goof and delete too much and  b) it's useful to have a record and precedent of what actually counts as trolling or not (which would also be useful when it comes to seeing how many times problematic users have crossed the line, and whether they need to be banned).

Another problem that needs to be fixed: an OP should not have the ability to delete an entire thread. It's happened several times in IE that very long-running threads have been deleted mistakenly (or once, in a pique of drunken rage) by their OP, with everybody else's posts obliterated alongside them.

I think the default setting for SMF installs is to *not* enable the recycle board. Not sure if Dave already considered this or not though.

One of the first things I did for 2.0 is an admin setting where users can be prevented from deleting a thread over x posts - so that way election threads and other big things wouldn't be lost (although a moderator could delete it). My default setting was to have a 4 - 5 page threshold, meaning people could threads under 4 or 5 pages, but not over. I think that would put this issue to rest, and it wouldn't prevent people from scrubbing their posting history either, since they can still delete or modify their individual posts. Personally, I think it was a mistake for SMF to not have a setting for this included. It doesn't make sense to give individual users that much control over forum content - esp in situations where one user may have created a lot of big threads that they didn't even participate in, but end up deleting someday when/if they decide to scrub their account.

What page count threshold do you think is acceptable?

Is it possible to make a time threshold?  As in, if a thread is up for 24 hours or more, it can't be deleted by the OP?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »

Fix the sig character limit so that it doesn't cut me off with 12 remaining?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2019, 09:29:08 PM »

Anyone else got a message about puttingcopyright pictures in our timelines?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

I have no idea if this is at all feasible, but one thing I would really love would be if, on any board where there are stickied topics, there was some kind of thick line that separated the sticky topics from the non-sticky topics.  This is an issue on boards with many sticky topics, like the 2020 board or Forum Community (well, less so on FC now than some months ago).  I want to do a quick visual scan of what the most recently commented on topics are, but that is more complicated than necessary when there are a ton of stickied topics in the way.  If you had some kind of marker, my eye could just start scanning at that marker.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2019, 03:41:00 PM »

I have no idea if this is at all feasible, but one thing I would really love would be if, on any board where there are stickied topics, there was some kind of thick line that separated the sticky topics from the non-sticky topics.  This is an issue on boards with many sticky topics, like the 2020 board or Forum Community (well, less so on FC now than some months ago).  I want to do a quick visual scan of what the most recently commented on topics are, but that is more complicated than necessary when there are a ton of stickied topics in the way.  If you had some kind of marker, my eye could just start scanning at that marker.

Thanks for putting forward that proposal. I've wanted to suggest this for a long time, but always forgot it.

Another major flaw in the forum software is the lack of utility of the pagination. You cannot jump from one page to the intended one if the difference between the numbers is too big.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: April 03, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »

Thanks for putting forward that proposal. I've wanted to suggest this for a long time, but always forgot it.

Another major flaw in the forum software is the lack of utility of the pagination. You cannot jump from one page to the intended one if the difference between the numbers is too big.

That would be useful. I often know the date of a thread/post, but not a narrow enough search field. I have to hop through a board 5 pages at a time to get to the desired date range.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2019, 04:35:11 PM »

That would be useful. I often know the date of a thread/post, but not a narrow enough search field. I have to hop through a board 5 pages at a time to get to the desired date range.

Or you have to be good at mental math. Multiplying a number by 25 isn't that hard. Wink
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2019, 08:15:10 PM »

I don't really know what kind of separator or whatever is being asked for wrt to stickied topics. I get the idea, but it's hard to think of a aesthetically-pleasing way to separate the two.

I have no idea if this is at all feasible, but one thing I would really love would be if, on any board where there are stickied topics, there was some kind of thick line that separated the sticky topics from the non-sticky topics.  This is an issue on boards with many sticky topics, like the 2020 board or Forum Community (well, less so on FC now than some months ago).  I want to do a quick visual scan of what the most recently commented on topics are, but that is more complicated than necessary when there are a ton of stickied topics in the way.  If you had some kind of marker, my eye could just start scanning at that marker.

A small search utility to assign date ranges to pages and maybe a better pagination bar is an excellent idea tbh. I just wish it was recommended sooner because I can't fit it into this. Maybe I can send it to Dave separately sometime over the next couple months.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2019, 10:39:05 PM »

I don't really know what kind of separator or whatever is being asked for wrt to stickied topics. I get the idea, but it's hard to think of a aesthetically-pleasing way to separate the two.

Maybe you could color the frame of the stickied topics red or something.
Anyway, I put forward a suggestion on the Atlas board regarding the huge number of sticked threads on the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election board.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: April 05, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »

Virginia Mueller has submitted the AtlasMod Report to Atlas Attorney General Dave Leip

Findings could be controversial
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2019, 03:26:36 PM »

Virginia Mueller has submitted the AtlasMod Report to Atlas Attorney General Dave Leip

Findings could be controversial

When can we expect the four-page summary?   Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #164 on: April 05, 2019, 04:19:53 PM »

I have no idea if this is at all feasible, but one thing I would really love would be if, on any board where there are stickied topics, there was some kind of thick line that separated the sticky topics from the non-sticky topics.  This is an issue on boards with many sticky topics, like the 2020 board or Forum Community (well, less so on FC now than some months ago).  I want to do a quick visual scan of what the most recently commented on topics are, but that is more complicated than necessary when there are a ton of stickied topics in the way.  If you had some kind of marker, my eye could just start scanning at that marker.

A small search utility to assign date ranges to pages and maybe a better pagination bar is an excellent idea tbh. I just wish it was recommended sooner because I can't fit it into this. Maybe I can send it to Dave separately sometime over the next couple months.

ahem
Can there be an easy way to go to a specific page within a thread?   Or maybe even a specific date?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: April 05, 2019, 04:27:07 PM »

Oh, shoot. That time period was kind of a dead zone development-wise since I was taking a break but still thinking of what to do next. Must have lost track.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2019, 05:11:02 PM »

When can we expect the four-page summary?   Tongue

Possibly sometime within the next ~2 weeks
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2019, 11:13:58 AM »

I like it, but by the time I get used to it, Atlas'll probably be updating again. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2019, 11:26:23 AM »

I like the recommend button
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length