European Parliament Election: May 23-26, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:39:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  European Parliament Election: May 23-26, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: European Parliament Election: May 23-26, 2019  (Read 158927 times)
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« on: April 01, 2019, 09:19:51 AM »

As for the "Lista di sinistra", there is no such thing as of now, it's not clear how the leftist parties will join. A (small) part might end up in the same list as PD.

Maybe to put Tsipras name on the list again

Vestager seems like the spitzenkandidat in all but name. She will represent ALDE in the main TV debate at EBU, which it seems Guy Verhofstadt was not all that happy about. The EBU debate will be on 15 May at 21:00, from the Brussels plenary chamber.

http://newsmonkey.be/article/93407

I think it's time for retirement.
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 11:15:12 AM »

When is deadline for all states?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 12:07:40 PM »

My bad. When all countries must introduce list od candidates?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 01:18:27 PM »

I know that every country has different deadline. But, I am interested, when I can see all candidates.
Thanks
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 12:53:37 PM »

Nothing from Eastern and Baltic candidates?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »

Portugal: 1st debate between the main parties will happen tonight on SIC TV. Invited to the debate are the PS, PSD, CDU, CDS, BE and PDR main candidates.

We'll see if Europe is even talked about...

The debate just finished.

Candidates in SIC TV studios. From left to right: Marinho e Pinto (PDR); João Ferreira (CDU); Pedro Marques (PS); Paulo Rangel (PSD); Marisa Matias (BE); Nuno Melo (CDS). Picture from Diário de Notícias

Europe was talked about, but, not so much, in my view. Pundits say the debate didn't had a clear winner, Pedro Marques, PS, gained a bit of strength as the debate went on, but he started in a very low bar; Paulo Rangel, PSD, was quite moderate but didn't exceed expectations; Nuno Melo, CDS, was quite energetic, bringing photos of José Sócrates hugging António Costa and exceeded expections, but, it reamis to see if this gains votes for CDS; Marisa Matias, BE, was also moderate and had a good performance; Marinho e Pinto, PDR, exceeded expectations as he was also very energetic, we'll see if that translates into votes; João Ferreira, CDU, was quite low profile. although it was clear the tension between him and Marisa Matias.

One of the highlights of debate: Nuno Melo (CDS) showing a picture of Sócrates and Costa. Picture from Observador newspaper.

Other topics talked about were the 7% cut of EU funds to Portugal, with a strong exchange of words between PS and PSD; the situation in Venezuela, with a war of words between PS and PSD/CDS about José Sócrates; Brexit, in which the PSD proposed an alliance with the Atlantic countries; The far-right increase in Europe, with the PS accusing the right of normalizing it and PSD saying that PES isn't without faults, Malta and Romenia were an example.

What is the differences between BE and CDU?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 04:15:26 AM »

Thanks Mike, I know that I "choosed" better party Smiley
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 05:31:58 AM »

Did someone known the place where we can see all elected candidates?
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 08:08:23 AM »

Thank you
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies