Why Is Delaware Blue?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:42:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why Is Delaware Blue?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why Is Delaware Blue?  (Read 1685 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 02:53:58 PM »

Philly suburbs. If you look on the results map of Delaware, by county, you will see it's always the northern counties that vote Democrats.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 03:26:36 PM »

Philly suburbs. If you look on the results map of Delaware, by county, you will see it's always the northern counties that vote Democrats.
Wrong Delaware.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »

Delaware is a tiny state with an outsized influence from an urban center (Wilmington/Philly). Downstate Delaware is just as rural as any other area (and actually was a Tea Party hotbed at the beginning of this decade) but its influence gets swamped because 1/3 of the state is basically a Philly suburb.

If Delaware extended all the way down the DelMarVa I'd bet it'd be a lean-R state.
Delmarva would have still gone for Clinton, though it would be less D than the nation at large.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »

Wrong Delaware.

I'm talking about the state of Delaware....
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2018, 01:27:29 AM »

Wrong Delaware.

I'm talking about the state of Delaware....

The northern county, not counties Tongue

Wilmington is not a philly suburb, although you could call it a satellite city.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »

It’s the northern state with the second-highest black population. I don’t know why it being solidly D would be surprising. Ohio would be solidly D if it were 21% black, too.

This is another example of the typical fallacy of only thinking about the white voters in a state.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »

Strangely, Democrats only have a one-seat majority in the State Senate now.

Weren't Republicans having a majority in NY Senate until like very recently?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2018, 03:52:23 PM »

They still do because of gerrymandering and the IDC.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2018, 03:57:20 PM »

The NY State Senate has a 23% efficiency gap. It's a scam....a godamned scam.

Personally, I would prefer this totally gerrymandered map that leaves 0 Republicans in power:

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2018, 09:57:36 PM »

Black voters got to the point where their block controlled the state.

See Georgia in a few years.

Well you sure know who to blame for your problems.

Take a hike. I didn't say it was a bad thing, pal.

You're a Republican. Every time you get frustrated at your party not winning, you blame blacks.
[/quote

1. Where was I frustrated in that post

2. Black people obviously favor Democrats, and the growth of that demographic in that state is why it has become a Safe D state. I'm pointing out demographic change in a thread literally asking why Delaware is solid blue today.

Like I said, take a hike.

So you don't get upset when your side loses?

Louisiana is even more blackity black black black than Delaware. By Atlas standards it should be titanium D.

Y'know like 3 other people have pointed out demographics in this thread before me, why aren't you getting pissed at them?

Because they are correctly framing it as one reason of many factors whereas you just said black voters "control" the state. But I'm not a huge fan of their analysis either.

Well yes, if they weren't there the state would vote Republican. So figuratively the voting bloc controls the state.  Ya know, like how Whites control MS cause they all vote R, or plenty of other states.

I am not insinuating this is a bad thing, or at all that Delaware is a bad state because Black people are bad or something.  Stop assuming things.

White voters in Mississippi are a majority. Black voters in Delaware are not. They rely on white voters, so no, they don't control the state. They can't do anything they want with the state. That's what control means.

What the hell is the matter with you, Beet? Huh

Chill out. You're taking everything said here completely out of context and jacking the thread in the process.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 10:03:39 PM »

You're a Republican. Every time you get frustrated at your party not winning, you blame blacks.
[/quote

2. Black people obviously favor Democrats, and the growth of that demographic in that state is why it has become a Safe D state. I'm pointing out demographic change in a thread literally asking why Delaware is solid blue today.

Louisiana is even more blackity black black black than Delaware. By Atlas standards it should be titanium D.

Y'know like 3 other people have pointed out demographics in this thread before me, why aren't you getting pissed at them?

Because they are correctly framing it as one reason of many factors whereas you just said black voters "control" the state. But I'm not a huge fan of their analysis either.

Well yes, if they weren't there the state would vote Republican. So figuratively the voting bloc controls the state.  Ya know, like how Whites control MS cause they all vote R, or plenty of other states.

I am not insinuating this is a bad thing, or at all that Delaware is a bad state because Black people are bad or something.  Stop assuming things.

White voters in Mississippi are a majority. Black voters in Delaware are not. They rely on white voters, so no, they don't control the state. They can't do anything they want with the state. That's what control means.

Chill out. You're taking everything said here completely out of context and jacking the thread in the process.

What have I said wrong? I haven't taken anything out of context. CPAC just happened this weekend. It was a hate fest against immigrants, with our president reciting a song about a woman who lets in a snake only to be bitten. And when I ask Trumpers why they don't like immigrants, they always assume that it's because it's they will vote against them due to ethnicity alone. Never mind that most immigrants are Asian (who have voted GOP before) or Hispanic (who don't bloc vote.) Our entire politics is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy of ethnic Balkanization. There are literally neo-Nazis marching in the streets. That's the "context."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2018, 10:06:25 PM »

[/quote

What have I said wrong? I haven't taken anything out of context. CPAC just happened this weekend. It was a hate fest against immigrants, with our president reciting a song about a woman who lets in a snake only to be bitten. And when I ask Trumpers why they don't like immigrants, they always assume that it's because it's they will vote against them due to ethnicity alone. Never mind that most immigrants are Asian (who have voted GOP before) or Hispanic (who don't bloc vote.) Our entire politics is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy of ethnic Balkanization. There are literally neo-Nazis marching in the streets. That's the "context."

OK, I tried.

Peace out, y'all.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2018, 10:07:58 PM »

Dela is Ware Democrats go? Cheesy
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2018, 10:09:25 PM »

[/quote

OK, I tried.

Peace out, y'all.

Badger's contribution:

1. Hurl personal insults

2. Goodbye Cruel World
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2018, 10:14:16 PM »

Delaware actually voted closer to the nation as a whole than Ohio in 2016...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2018, 10:31:21 PM »

[/quote

OK, I tried.

Peace out, y'all.

Badger's contribution:

1. Hurl personal insults

2. Goodbye Cruel World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvzdehnJA9k

Just so we're clear: You consider "You're taking everything out of context" as a "personal attack"?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2018, 10:36:36 PM »

Then what did you mean by context? I tried to engage with that part but you never responded.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2018, 11:58:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies