Minneapolis/ St. Paul Mayoral Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:15:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Minneapolis/ St. Paul Mayoral Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minneapolis/ St. Paul Mayoral Elections  (Read 3171 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:47:21 PM »

I was just about to post this.

With these numbers, Kelly is toast. Coleman is in no way related to that worthless bag of sh!t excuse for a senator by the way despite the fact he was also ironically a former St. Paul mayor and Democrat. But Coleman is a real liberal Democrat who will not switch parties.

Since Coleman already has over 50% and almost all the Green votes will go to him in the runoff in November, it's safe to say Kelly has been ousted. Take that Keystone Phil!

And yes, Rybak is a great mayor. He personally helped organize and attended anti-war and anti-Bush rallies. Closer results but he should win in November too. Although McLaughlin is also a Democrat, and I don't know if he's more liberal or conservative. Since Republicans have no chance in Twin Cities races, they just vote for the more conservative Democrat, obviously Kelly the traitor in St. Paul.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:59:24 PM »

I'm going to be trying like hell, believe me.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:38:01 PM »

Hardly a surprise, but I will enjoy watching that traitor go down hard.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 04:24:44 PM »

I'm surprised to see Rybak that far ahead. I expected him to be leading, but not by that. An earlier poll actually showed them both getting exactly what they got in the primary.

But my predicitons:

Minneapolis:
Rybak - 59
McLaughlin - 41

St. Paul:
Coleman - 72
Kelly - 28
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 06:33:28 PM »

Oh and there's quite a big difference between Kelly and the peopl don is being critical of.

Don is bashing anyone who ever criticizes Bush and doesn't back him 100% on everything he does, like Miers.

Kelly actually endorsed Bush.

I doubt don would be too fond of any Republican who endorsed Kerry.

BTW, Kelly's campaign involved one of the most boneheaded moves he could do: Get fellow traitor Ed Koch to come campaign for him and talk about how Kelly has established "friends in high places". Yeah, that's brilliant, remind people of the reason Kelly is going down hard on Tuesday.

And shortly afterwords guess who came to campaign for Coleman? John Kerry.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 06:38:44 PM »

And shortly afterwords guess who came to campaign for Coleman? John Kerry.

I can see the coalition group now - Unimportant Defeated Presidential Candidates for Coleman. I wonder if Mr. Gore has received an invitation to campaign for Coleman yet.

It makes perfect sense here since Kerry reminds people of exactly why Coleman's going to take this one in a landslide. Had it not have been for Kelly's treason, this would be a 50/50 race, and would actually be quite interesting to watch.

Now the only thing worth watch is if Kelly wins a single precinct. I'm guessing against it. Bush's only got 36.75% in his best St. Paul precinct.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 06:47:09 PM »

Perhaps it hasn't come to anyone's attention here that the primary purpose of a Mayor is to manage a city, and that is what he should be judged by - not just his Presidential endorsements.

Well Kelly isn't helping by the fact that he's basically campaigning as a Republican and bashing Coleman for supporting a property tax increase.

He's always been a DINO and he only won by about 400 votes last time. Now he's going down HARD.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:47:19 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2005, 11:50:21 AM by Left of the Dial »

Well the polls did show that people are happy with the state of St. Paul too, but like I said he's basically running as a Republican. The fact that he's taking a page from the Pawlenty book with the whole "I won't ever raise taxes no matter what" deal is not a good thing as Pawlenty's shown.

He was also attacked by the left wing of the DFL and didn't get along with the City Council even before the endorsement for being rather pro-business (he vetoed the smoking ban) and was seen by most as being owned by the St. Paul Chamber of Commerce. Of course Coleman isn't all that far left either, the St. Paul Chamber of Commerce has actually endorsed both. Normally the far leftists in St. Paul would be throwing fits about this race, but they'll tolerate Coleman's moderate-ness just to get rid of Kelly.

So you have two candidates that are somewhat similar, one is slightly to the left of the other guy, and the other guy sounds like a Republican and endorsed Bush. Not hard to see what will happen in a heavily Democratic city.

And like I said earlier, he only won by about 400 votes last time.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 11:12:58 PM »

It's basically been the same since he was first elected although the quality of public services has gone down somewhat due to budget cuts, due to the whole "no new taxes" thing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 12:01:16 AM »

Thank you residents of St. Paul in getting rid of Randy Kelly.  Yes, let that be a
sign to all the Democratic turncoats who supported Bush last year.

Here's my predictions for the two races:

MINNEAPOLIS MAYOR

R.T. Ryback  (incumbent)                      59% 
Peter McLaughlin                                  37%
Hakeem                                                  3%
Others                                                    1%

ST. PAUL MAYOR

Chris Coleman                                      64%                 
Randy Kelly (incumbent)                       30% 
Elizabeth Dickinson                                6%

Both races are run offs, hence only 2 candidates in each, although the St. Paul one is not a true run off as Coleman go over 50% in the first round and thus should've already won.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 11:25:34 PM »

Kelly went down 70-30

Still counting in Minneapolis I believe, but the latest numbers I see have Rybak 63, McLaughlin 37
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 11:30:48 PM »

Great results, BRTD.

Do you think Rybak will run for Senate in 2008?

It's possible but I don't think he would be too great of a candidate statewide. More likely is that he goes for Sabo's House seat once he retires.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies