Florida House Republicans reject assault rifle ban... as Parkland students watch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:20:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Florida House Republicans reject assault rifle ban... as Parkland students watch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Florida House Republicans reject assault rifle ban... as Parkland students watch  (Read 2524 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »

The worst thing about this is that its 2018 and people still don't know what an assault rifle is.

More NRA (and right-wing psycho) tricks to get people to talk about "other" aspects of the true problem ...
Arguing semantics.

Defined as: When people argue about the definition or meaning of a word. This usually starts in the middle of an argument and distracts from the main topic of the argument. Whether done intentionally or not depends on the people arguing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:14 PM »

Nobody is arguing about it.  There is a correct definition.  Many people simply refuse to learn the simplest terms for a topic they care oh so much about....for two weeks a year.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 05:08:55 PM »

I don't support a ban, but... at least consider it?

There is no reason why an 18-year-old should be able to purchase an assault rifle. Period.
Because they are an adult exercising their right to bear arms, perhaps?

If I run for elected office in your municipality and play a 150 decibel recorded campaign speech from a truck parked on the street outside you're home at 3 a.m., am I merely exercising My First Amendment rights? Is prohibiting someone from spreading false rumors about someone they don't like being a pedophile towards their children violating the right to free speech? violating the right to free speech?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2018, 05:10:24 PM »

publicity stunt goes wrong, news at 11

It seems like Sanchez has some stiff competition for the title of Worst Human Being among Atlas Posters.

Sanchez is actually being reasonable here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2018, 05:12:32 PM »

Should we just start passing stupid and ineffective legislation because the props that activists brought in are able to muster up some fake tears?
Fake tears?! DEPLORABLE.

You do realize how utterly insulting it is to these students who came they're very much of their own cord and passion after having gone through worse experience than anyone on this form, you included, will ever go through in their lives, as mere props. Like they don't have actual emotions and thoughts and beliefs of their own? I suppose it's easier to attack these mysterious unnamed Boogeyman supposedly using these student survivors somehow then confront the fact that these survivors of a horrible incident percent a damn compelling case on their own for stricter gun laws
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »

Pretty sure smallpox was never popular.  Nor were most of the things on that list.

No one liked the 3/5 Compromise. Hence the word "compromise."
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

If I had a dollar for every gun nut who claimed "assault rifles" don't exist...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies