TheShadowyAbyss for Southern Senate thread for a brighter tomorrow.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:56:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TheShadowyAbyss for Southern Senate thread for a brighter tomorrow.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TheShadowyAbyss for Southern Senate thread for a brighter tomorrow.  (Read 504 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:00:23 AM »
« edited: February 07, 2018, 12:09:00 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Hello all, I stand before you all as citizens of the South as a candidate for the Senate to represent the great people of the South, if elected, I intend to listen to both the left and right and legislate based on the needs of the south, I don't believe my opponent in the race can speak for all members of the south and is far too right wing to represent the people justly in the Senate.

My platform:

Minimum wage: I believe the current rate is not a sustainable wage, I believe the wage should be raised to a minimum of $12 an hour. Everyone deserves a livable wage.

Abortion: I believe the decision of abortion is a tough decision any woman must choose and I believe we must respect a woman's right to choose. I however think that there should be a limit as to when a woman can abort a child, I believe that limit should be around the 20 week mark and as Senator I will fight to make sure a woman has access to the care she needs regardless of her decision to abort or keep the child.

LGBT rights: These are non-negotiable, I believe we must fight to keep the progress we made on the LGBT front. In regards to the transgender community we must work and fight to give them the assistance they need when the time comes to transition. In regards to children who believe they are trans, we mustn't condemn them as my opponent is suggesting, we must help them as best as we can, give them counseling to make sure they are fully behind this decision and support them should they so choose.

Gun rights: I fully support the right for anyone to carry a firearm, however there needs to be limits on who can own a gun and how one has access to a firearm. We need strong background checks to make sure we aren't given a weapon to a person who should not have one. Any attempts to sell a gun at a gunshow that is not regulated should face a heavy fine and any license they possess taken away. We also must make sure we're not giving military grade weapons to the average civilians, leave those to the military. In regards to ammo, no one needs 20+ magazines of ammo in one go. If you have a handgun you should be limited to 4 magazines in one setting.

Welfare: I know this can be a sensitive subject for some, but for those of us who are unfortunate, there needs to be a social safety net for the less fortunate. I will oppose any attempts in the Senate to cut back on the social safety net and I believe we need to invest more into it. Now, I don't believe welfare should be the end-all-be-all solution for the people, there should be efforts into job training and help those seeking a job, we must invest in temp jobs and jobs for the less skilled.

Education: This is a fundamental aspect of our society, without education we would not have a cultured society, robust economy, etc., as Senator, I will fight to invest more into education and make sure teachers are paid more as they are the most important leaders for our children other than the parents, I believe lesson plans should be individualized for the students and not by bureaucrats in the capital. If a school is doing poorly, we need to invest more funds into books, classes, and better trained teachers, which is why providing better course options for our teachers AND students impacts the education system in a way that will boost scores and the curriculum. We must reward teachers for their hard work and dedication to the students by giving bonuses and paid overtime for success they bring to the students.

Health care: It is a fundamental right for all people to have access to good quality health care, the government must step in and make sure that all people have access to cheap, high quality health insurance, previous lessons have showed that private insurance companies can't be trusted to provide good health care, the system must be patient based and not employer based. As Senator, I will propose legislation to make it easier for the sick and elderly and poor to have access to better health care and punish the private insurers who just want to make a quick buck.

Taxes: I believe the rich are not paying their fair share in taxes, the idea of giving big tax rates to the rich and having it trickle down to the middle and lower classes has been tried and simply doesn't work, as Senator I will fight to have the rich (I.E those to make $200K+ pay up to 42% as their rate, I however, believe that the lower class is being overtaxed and I propose we bring their tax rate to 0% if they make under $18,000 a year, from $18,001-30,000, I believe the tax rate should be 18%, for those who make $30,001-50,000 it should be 24%, those who make 50K-125K should pay 28% and from 125K-200K should pay 35%.

Infrastructure: I believe we can do better as a region and nation if we invest in repairing broken roads, pipelines, the power lines, and transportation and bringing it into the modern era. I will work with who ever is willing and propose bipartisan legislation to invest into our infrastructure that will create jobs and bring a boom to our economy.

I hope you look at my platform and my opponents platform and come to an informed decision and I hope to get your vote.

GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 12:03:59 AM »

Endorsed, great platform
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 12:08:10 AM »

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 12:38:44 AM »

Endorsed!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 01:10:12 AM »

Endorsed
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 02:43:07 PM »

Endorsed.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 06:20:58 PM »

Endorsed!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 07:26:26 PM »

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 08:17:15 PM »

Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 12:03:47 AM »

Endorsed!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 05:01:54 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2018, 05:06:11 PM by President fhtagn »

While we may not agree on all issues, there are still many things we agree on, and I'm glad to see you back and excited to get involved in Atlasia.

I can't vote in the South, but you have my endorsement (even if you did steal my campaign slogan Tongue)!
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 03:41:59 PM »

Congrats, there's a 95% chance you're winning according to me.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 05:40:32 PM »

The Labor Party has voted to endorse you for first preference for Southern Senate.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »

PUP endorses you as well, although looks like you don't need it. Tongue
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 09:03:15 PM »

Thank you to everyone who voted for me and anyone to will vote for me this weekend. Should I have the honor of being elected I will pledge to work with who ever is elected President to make this great nation better.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies