Spiral/Griffin: The Radical Alternative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:53:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spiral/Griffin: The Radical Alternative
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spiral/Griffin: The Radical Alternative  (Read 2014 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »

Here we go.

You might be asking yourself, "What's the point of this campaign?" For months, I was planning on quietly exiting the stage once my Senate term was up. It was only when I examined the state of this race and the existing field that I felt compelled to take action. A sense of malaise is out there, but nobody has properly addressed the issue in this campaign. While many factors are in play, the current administration cannot run away from this. It could have been easy for me to hunker down and never speak up, but we must speak up if anything is to change. That's why I'm running one last campaign. For me, this is it. I have no interest in staying in power for close to ten months like our incumbent president. If I win, from day one I'll do everything in my power to foster the next generation of Atlasians to serve.

You might also be wondering why my running mate is the one and only Adam Griffin. Love him or hate him, he's one of the few titans of Atlasia. He knows the ins and outs of this game and he's mightily effective when he feels like it. As President, he played a critical role in our last game overhaul, which we're still operating under today. However, Adam had been dormant with no intention of jumping back into the fray--until I reached my hand out. We've both seen it all throughout the years, and we know the good and the bad of Atlasian politics. Despite our own disagreements and clashes in the past, this moment calls for an unconventional ticket. That's why we're here for you.

This is a big picture campaign. We won't be out on the stump debating over the top tax bracket or the minutiae of federal regulations. We'll call out things as we see them and talk about how we can encourage a new era of politics to emerge: with new Atlasians, new parties, and more civic engagement. We shall also reflect on the past few months and look for ways to improve on where mistakes have been made.

Are we perfect? Nope. Are you going to agree with us all the time? Of course not. What we're doing is running to actually make an impact. Not only that, but we're running to win.

As you can see, my Federalist friends have already begun raising a ruckus about our campaign. Another way I look at it is it hasn't even been a day and the whole dialogue of the race has already changed! If they're so confident about victory, I would hope they aren't afraid of a few old-timers getting in the mix. Or, maybe they are. Either way, I hope they're ready to get messy.

This is no longer a coronation. This is now a cage fight.

I hope I can earn your support for next weekend.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »

Endorsed. This campaign is going to be good. Wink
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:14:10 PM »

I guess someone should point out how ironically hilarious it is that Adam is running on a "centrist party" unity ticket (two things he has always strongly criticized--although Spiral has been pretty inactive for a while so maybe he didn't notice?) but I guess it's nice to see people stay active in their old age! Smiley
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 12:22:57 AM »

When did Atlasian politics get more intense than actual politics Tongue Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 12:25:57 AM »

When did Atlasian politics get more intense than actual politics Tongue Smiley

I dunno. A lot can happen behind closed doors, right? Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 03:07:36 AM »

As Spiral mentioned, I was very hesitant to consider re-emerging in Atlasia. Nevertheless, he and I have always been able to work very well together behind the scenes (something many people from all across the political spectrum will tell you about me if they're being honest).

Another thing that intrigued me was just how much the game has changed on the surface in recent months. There are a lot of new people playing and the political landscape has shifted considerably, creating a variety of new environments and situations.

I am not running for my third term as President nor am I looking to influence the game at-large as I did for quite some time. My arrangement with Spiral - if elected - is to be a competent administrator in championing the vision we will be laying out in the coming days. Such is one of the two roles of Vice President (and as far as the other goes, I believe I've already met that criteria as well).

In conclusion, I'm happy to be on-board!
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 04:02:21 AM »

Endorsed!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 06:58:06 AM »

I guess someone should point out how ironically hilarious it is that Adam is running on a "centrist party" unity ticket (two things he has always strongly criticized--although Spiral has been pretty inactive for a while so maybe he didn't notice?) but I guess it's nice to see people stay active in their old age! Smiley
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 07:16:18 AM »

Gladly Endorsed.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »

The Labor Party has voted to endorse you for first preference for President of Atlasia.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 02:04:10 AM »

I am glad to inform you that your ticket has received the official endorsement by the Alliance Party.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:53 AM »

Griffin is a horrible choice. "Hesitant to re-emerge?" He last re-emerged to take back the helm of Labor and save the party. How'd that go?

He's extremely competent when he's committed to doing a job and finds satisfaction in the work. Probably the most competent the game has seen, and I've even started to like him. But I think it's a bit silly to pretend that he'll feel a personal stake in carrying out the job of VP.

Do I care? Nah. But from one has-been to another, it's just bleh.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 02:27:05 AM »

Griffin is a horrible choice. "Hesitant to re-emerge?" He last re-emerged to take back the helm of Labor and save the party. How'd that go?

He's extremely competent when he's committed to doing a job and finds satisfaction in the work. Probably the most competent the game has seen, and I've even started to like him. But I think it's a bit silly to pretend that he'll feel a personal stake in carrying out the job of VP.

Do I care? Nah. But from one has-been to another, it's just bleh.

Awesome.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 01:13:44 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

I am totally in support of the President's recent slogan change to "Strong and Stable Leadership." Emulating the campaign strategy of a party that blew a 20-point lead in a few weeks bodes well for this election!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 02:56:30 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

I am totally in support of the President's recent slogan change to "Strong and Stable Leadership." Emulating the campaign strategy of a party that blew a 20-point lead in a few weeks bodes well for this election!

Agreed.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 02:58:15 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Agreed.

You guys just don't know how to have fun Tongue
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 03:22:32 AM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 03:37:08 AM »

Endorsed!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 08:46:48 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2018, 10:07:11 PM by Rep. wxtransit »

Who cares if he has a personal stake or not. I wouldn't necessarily say I have a personal stake in me bring a Representative or National Archivist, but does this make me a bad officeholder? No. What matters is that he's competent, and has the ability and know-how.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 10:09:12 PM »

This has been a fun campaign, can't wait to see the results. Wink
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 10:11:59 PM »

This has been a fun campaign, can't wait to see the results. Wink