jk2020 for Fremont Parliament (concession)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:11:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  jk2020 for Fremont Parliament (concession)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: jk2020 for Fremont Parliament (concession)  (Read 814 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2018, 01:23:24 AM »
« edited: February 18, 2018, 03:20:16 PM by Sestak »

So, I've decided to run for Fremont parliament, as there don't seem to be too many people running.

Right now, immediately, I swear that I will maintain an attendance record of at least 90% of votes, and will do as much as I can to help the Chamber become/stay active (as well as all of Atlasia). My platform is below.

Platform

- give King Lear gulag

Secondary Platform

Civil Liberties and Civil Rights

- First Amendment: I am committed to the freedoms of speech, expression, assembly, petition, and press in all forms, and I will vigorously oppose any effort to curb them in the name of "national security" or any other bogus reason.

- First Amendment, cont.: I support strong separation of church and state: I do not believe that government should at all interfere in religious practices unless others are materially harmed, and I think religious beliefs should have minimal impact on government actions.

- Second Amendment: I support the right to bear arms, and oppose most gun control. I would only be willing to support strong background checks or mental health requirements with minimal government involvement. I strongly oppose any attempt at the creation or upkeep of a government gun registry.

- Fourth Amendment: I oppose all intrusive warrantless government surveillance. I support the exlusionary rule, and I believe that law enforcement officers who have conducted multiple unreasonable searches and seizures should be suspended or fired. I believe that over the past few decades, the Supreme Court and the judiciary has effectively stripped all power and meaning from the Fourth Amendment, and I support remedying this, beginning with the overturn of the disastrous "reasonable expectation of privacy" doctrine.

- Due process: I believe the rights of the accused are one of the most fundamental to a working society. I oppose all attempts by law enforcement to curb due process or attempt to get around the stipulations of the Fifth and Sixth amendments. I also support making the laws more clear and consise and lessening executive deference in order to make it more clear to citizens what the law is.

- Cruel and Unusual Punishment: I oppose all torture, including waterboarding. I believe capital punishment is only acceptable in extreme circumstances.

- Tenth Amendment: I will oppose any attempt by the federal government to usurp the powers constitutionally delegated to the region of Fremont (or any other region.) Likewise, I will oppose any attempt by one or more regions to usurp the powers constitutional delegated to Nyman.

- Equal Protection: I believe in equal protection for all, including women, racial minorities, and LGBTQ+ citizens.

- Voting Rights: I oppose any infringement of voting rights, disenfranchisement, or automatic deregistration. Period. I also oppose any mandatory Voter ID which cannot be obtained with minimal effort.

Social Issues

- Abortion: I am completely supportive of a woman's right to choose, in any circumstances.

- Drug policy: I support the continued legalization of marijuana, medically and recreationally. I believe that we must modify our policy for drug offenders to focus more on drug rehabilitation, not incarceration.

- Euthanasia: I support the right of an individual to end their own lives should they choose to do so of their own volition and sound mental faculties.

- "Bathroom issue": I believe citizens should be able to use the restrooms corresponding to the gender they identify as.

Economic Issues

I believe government should use its funding towards creating opportunities. I support focusing spending in the two following areas:

- Education: I support more funding for K-12 education, as well as for programs which subsidize undergraduate college education for lower-income students. I do believe, however, that government oversight of education should focus more on setting standards and less on designing the exact curriculum.

- Healthcare: I support a strong public option. I do not oppose single-payer on principle, and if a single-payer plan which I found to be fiscally sound was put in front of me, I would probably vote for it.

- Other than these two areas, I oppose most direct government intervention in markets. I support environmental regulations, basic consumer protections, and a minimum wage of $10-12 (higher in more expensive areas). Other than those, the government should let markets run on their own, unless...

- If a market is completely noncompetitve, I support some government intervention to balance out this lack of competiton, either through direct market regulation (see net neutrality) or the use of antitrust laws to break the noncompetitve environment.
DFL

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 01:33:23 AM »

If your service to Parliament is anything like your service to the rest of Atlasia, Fremont will be in good hands. Endorsed.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:32:31 AM »

Endorsed.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:45:12 AM »

The platform is brilliant. Endorsed.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:57 PM »

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 04:22:30 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 08:56:36 PM »

I'll add a secondary platform soon.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 11:02:23 PM »

When you spend 20 minutes writing a full platform and then Atlas deletes it...
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 11:35:10 PM »

When you spend 20 minutes writing a full platform and then Atlas deletes it...

Atlas couldn't handle your incredible platform.

Endorsed.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 09:41:15 PM »

Have added a secondary platform.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »

Bumping as a reminder that you should vote for me for Fremont Parliament so we can give King Lear gulag!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 04:45:13 PM »

Endorsed!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 03:43:36 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2018, 03:45:12 PM by Sestak »

Ladies and gentleman, today I am pleased to show you my new satirical vehicle for King Lear.

Introducing...MacBeth!

MacBeth
YaBB God
★★★★★

UT-Sen: Bennett unseats Elbert B. Thomas
« on: November 8, 1950, 05:11:09 am »
This election result cannot be accurate because the Utah Senate Race is Safe Democratic in my Ratings

MacBeth is a New York Republican in the 1948-1952 period who believes that since Truman defied polling in 1948, it is bound to happen again because most liberals lie to polls. The 1950 elections will be a Democratic wave, and a Trumanist Democrat will win easily in 1952. The only hope of the Republicans is to appoint true conservative leaders like Robert A. Taft, not moderates like Eisenhower who would just be another Dewey and who focuses too much on #FreeSpeech and Integration to connect with ordinary voters.

Any state that Truman won is a Democratic-leaning state, and all the races in those states in 1950 are Likely D. In fact, the Republicans are probably going to die out because Americans are bigoted and don't like the politically correct integrationist Republicans.

Feel free to use this as much as you like!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 01:10:33 AM »

^ Bump
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 12:33:21 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2018, 12:42:40 AM by Sestak »

A bit late, but the Mario Party endorses the write-in ticket of Not_Madigan/Peebs for President.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »

IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR ME YOU'RE LETTING THE KING LEAR DEEP STATE WIN
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »

A VOTE FOR
Ted Bessell

IS A VOTE FOR
LimoLiberal
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 08:08:03 PM »

This is a little late, but jokes aside you're obviously a bright guy and I would hope that we see you in elected office soon, even if this particular race doesn't go your way
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 08:08:59 PM »

This is a little late, but jokes aside you're obviously a bright guy and I would hope that we see you in elected office soon, even if this particular race doesn't go your way

Thanks.

(But desparate times do call for desparate measures).
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 08:10:03 PM »

A bit late, but the Mario Party endorses the write-in ticket of Not_Madigan/Peebs for President.
I believe that would make us the superstars?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »

I believe that would make us the superstars?

DUP DADADADA DUP DADADADA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 08:12:17 PM »

A VOTE FOR
KoopaDaQuick

IS A VOTE FOR
Krazen
Sestak
jk2020