A Time of Dissension- A 2017 And Beyond Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:20:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Time of Dissension- A 2017 And Beyond Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Time of Dissension- A 2017 And Beyond Timeline  (Read 682 times)
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:19:53 AM »

COMING SOON
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:40:57 AM »

August 11th 2018

*CNN BREAKING NEWS*

Jake Tapper: Today President Donald Trump was caught on a hot mic using a racial slur to refer to Cory Booker, a senator from New Jersey. Panel, what are your thoughts on the President's use of the N-word?

Jennifer Granholm: Jake, I'm appalled. He's spent the last 8 months, since the State of the Union, trying to convince us he can do better. Today he failed.

Rick Santorum: So what if he says ni****?

Ana Navarro: WHOA!

Jake Tapper: Senator, you can't use language like that here.

Van Jones: *rolls eyes*

Jennifer Granholm: See! This is our problem. Rick, you just said something patently racist on CNN and because you're a white man there won't be any consequences.

Rick Santorum: My point was apparently not well received. I was trying to get across that they're just words.

Jennifer Granholm: What? He used a racial slur against a sitting United States Senator! Those aren't just words, it's inciting KKK members to come out of the shadows!

Ana Navarro: This isn't about politics. It's about race relations in America.

Van Jones: We tried to tell you that this man is a racist! People didn't listen!
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »

BACKGROUND
April 14th, 2018

Mike Pence: Today I am saddened to announce that I will resign as Vice President. I want to thank the people of this beautiful country for allowing me to serve. I believe that God will see the American people through the challenges that face our world. I believe in the ideals of our founders, with our constitution, our freedoms, and our democracy, America will always prevail. My dedication to my country will keep me dedicated to fighting for conservative values. I am happy however, to announce that I will be returning to Indiana to take action at a local level. Thank you America, and never stop fighting.
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 07:21:52 AM »

DNC Headquarters- August 15th, 2018

Tom Perez listened intently as Amanda Brown Lierman spoke about the latest poll numbers in the Senate. Cruz led O'Rourke by two in Texas, Bredesen was up by one in Tennessee, Synema and Rosen both had high single-digit leads over McSally and Heller respectively. Wisconsin and Ohio looked safe. So did Pensylvania. Missouri was a nailbiter. Too close to call in every poll. After a corruption scandal, Rick Scott opted not to run in Florida leaving only David Jolly in the race. Nelson would sweep the Miami and Orlando suburbs. Joe Donnelly seemed to hold a narrow lead over Luke Messer. Jon Tester seemed on track for a 4 or 5 point victory. Brandon Presley was only down 7 in Mississippi. Manchin would destroy Evan Jenkins. Tom Campbell would lose by a significant margin in North Dakota. Jenny Wilson was down by 28 to Mitt Romney. Tom Perez smiled. This was going to be good
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:55:55 AM »

I know it’s early but so far, what are your thoughts? What could I do better? Thanks- Ethan
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 05:31:23 PM »

Sep. 5th 2018

Hart Senate Office Building

3:47 PM

Cassandra Byers, a staff assistant for Senator Jon Tester knocked on the senator's office door. No response. A second knock. Nothing. She cracked the door. Jon Tester lay on the floor, unconscious. She let out a long scream. Legislative Director Dylan Laslovich came running from across the staff bullpen,

"Call an ambulance!" Cried, Cassandra

Dylan murmured to himself, "He's not breathing."

Sirens wailed outside. Paramedics rushed into the bullpen, pushing a gurney,

"Everybody out of the way!" Yelled one of them.

The paramedics lifted the Senator onto the gurney and started performing CPR as they pushed him out the door. The staff watched, mouths agape as their boss was rushed out of the office.

6:30 PM

Cassandra and Dylan waited tearfully in the hospital waiting room. A doctor emerged from a door marked "RESTRICTED AREA" and approached them. Before he even started talking Cassandra and Dylan knew,

"I'm sorry. He had a massive Aneurysm. Whenever you decide is best, I'll speak to the press."

Dylan and Cassandra sat together and cried.
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »

The Montana Governor's Mansion

September 6th, 2018

10:30 AM

Steve Bullock: *Dials Phone*

Steve Bullock: Former Governor Schweitzer, thank you for speaking with me.

Brian Schweitzer: Governor, it's good to hear from you. I was so sorry to hear about Jon.

Steve Bullock: Let's get down to business Brian. I need you to serve your country.

Brian Schweitzer: I don't understand.

Steve Bullock: I need you to serve as the interim U.S. Senator from Montana until the election in November.

Brian Schweitzer: I can't do that Governor Bullock. I'm retired. I'm in the private sector now.

Steve Bullock: Please Brian.

Brian Schweitzer was shocked. He thought after saying those things about Eric Cantor and Dianne Feinstein his career would be over. Why on earth did the Steve want him? He considered himself a has-been. He had seen the polls in 2014, Steve Daines would have slaughtered him in the senate race. He had no chance in the 2016 Presidential Race. But the Governor wanted him back.

Steve Bullock: Governor? Are you there?

Brian Schweitzer: Why do you want me?

Steve Bullock: You've got the most experience out of anyone I've considered. You're bold and you're honest. You're what Jon Tester would have looked for in a successor.

Brian Schweitzer: Governor, I'm honored and flattered. If I'm your only option, I'll do it. But I'm not running. I'll be a seat filler and nothing else.

Steve Bullock: Brian, whatever gets you into the Senate. I'll have my assistant call you for scheduling of an announcement.

A plan began to hatch in Steve Bullock's mind. He hung up with Brian Schweitzer and he immediately dialed a number he had by memory.

"Hello, this is Kevin O'Brien."

"Kevin, it's Steve. You got one more campaign in you old pal?"
GAKas
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »

Continue
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 09:34:36 PM »

Nov. 6th, 2018
ELECTION NIGHT

Anderson Cooper: Welcome to Election Night 2018

NOTE: This is going to be like a 72-hour long day.
ethanforamerica
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:40 PM »

Sorry for inactivity. Im back.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length