Why is Tulsi Gabbard bashed far more than Bernie Sanders?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:22:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is Tulsi Gabbard bashed far more than Bernie Sanders?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Why is Tulsi Gabbard bashed far more than Bernie Sanders?  (Read 3613 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2018, 12:18:04 AM »

According to some here the ONLY reason Tulsi gets as much as hate as she does is she endorsed Sanders and only gets it from die-hard Clinton hacks, (including some who are as such despite voting for Sanders.)

So why doesn't Sanders himself get anywhere near this much? I mean if endorsing Bernie Sanders is so terrible, you'd think being him would be the worst thing ever.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:24:12 AM »

According to some here the ONLY reason Tulsi gets as much as hate as she does is she endorsed Sanders and only gets it from die-hard Clinton hacks, (including some who are as such despite voting for Sanders.)

So why doesn't Sanders himself get anywhere near this much? I mean if endorsing Bernie Sanders is so terrible, you'd think being him would be the worst thing ever.

Bernie has been bashed at least as much, although he's mentioned more, so in a lower percentage of the cases he's mentioned. Also, Bernie would probably get more sh**t from the establishment posters if he'd mentioned foreign policy more.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:25:25 AM »

It isn't about supporting Sanders. It's because Gabbard was hesitant to support Clinton. It's also because of her comments about Bashar al-Assad.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:32:42 AM »

I think Tulsis great, she's probably the only woman who can win the presidency due to her military experience, avoidance of identity politics, and relative physical attractiveness.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:33:27 AM »

Her trip to Syria really missed off a lot of people, myself included.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 12:35:27 AM »

What's wrong with her opposing a military intervention against a country that has not attacked us?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 12:36:51 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard is a Hindu nationalist who is a close ally of far right-wingers like Narendra Modi and the RSS.

And while Sanders might not approve of involvement in the Middle East, he certainly does not support Bashar al-Assad.

What's wrong with her opposing a military intervention against a country that has not attacked us?

Supporting /= opposing a military intervention against.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 12:39:22 AM »

As I said yesterday and will repeat today in a simplified down manner, she's dovish in the sense she's the opposite of the neocons but also comes across as a bit wreckless, as evident by her foreign policy trip to Syria and is a Hindu nationalist. I don't mind her terribly in Congress but I wouldn't trust her as POTUS.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 12:41:24 AM »

Tulsi Gabbard is a Hindu nationalist who is a close ally of far right-wingers like Narendra Modi and the RSS.

And while Sanders might not approve of involvement in the Middle East, he certainly does not support Bashar al-Assad.

Supporting /= opposing a military intervention against.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 12:44:20 AM »

As I said yesterday and will repeat today in a simplified down manner, she's dovish in the sense she's the opposite of the neocons but also comes across as a bit wreckless, as evident by her foreign policy trip to Syria and is a Hindu nationalist. I don't mind her terribly in Congress but I wouldn't trust her as POTUS.

Her foreign policy is much less reckless than the establishment foreign policy which supported arming every random jihadist in Syria.

And this whole Hindu nationalist thing has been blown out of proportion. Yes, she has met the members of the ruling party of India, BJP. She has also met INC members.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 12:49:31 AM »

Her foreign policy is much less reckless than the establishment foreign policy which supported arming every random jihadist in Syria.

And this whole Hindu nationalist thing has been blown out of proportion. Yes, she has met the members of the ruling party of India, BJP. She has also met INC members.

"Has met" is not all. She actively supports the BJP reactionaries and the fundamentalist groups associated with it.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 12:52:01 AM »

I don't disagree with you on the first bit, but I'd rather have someone who would arm as close to no one as possible (which is what Sanders/Gillibrand/Warren would be more likely to do than Gabbard).

As for the Hindu nationalist thing, https://qz.com/628124/tulsi-gabbard-the-first-hindu-in-the-us-congress-on-modi-hinduism-and-linking-islam-to-terror/ makes me think it's not exactly a nothingberger.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 12:53:31 AM »

Moderate DINOs hate her because she's a young, attractive, military veteran with a Non-Interventionist Foreign policy and Left-Wing economic policies who doesn't scream about #metoo and Transgenders all the time like Gillibrand.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 12:56:56 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2018, 01:01:44 AM by EAGLES WIN!!!!!!!!!! »

Moderate DINOs hate her because she's a young, attractive, military veteran with a Non-Interventionist Foreign policy and Left-Wing economic policies who doesn't scream about #metoo and Transgenders all the time like Gillibrand.

No, instead she advocates for multiple leaders who support the mass killings of Muslims in their own countries.

Her left-wing economic policies don't mask the fact that she holds some far-right social views. Which of course is exactly what you want, which is why you like her so much.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 12:58:36 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2018, 01:09:11 AM by Holmes »

https://mobile.twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/938460371937103872

https://mobile.twitter.com/TulsiPress/status/890332638468296707

https://www.votetulsi.com/node/33044

Stop letting your penis fool you into believing what you want want to be true.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 01:00:27 AM »

No, instead she advocates for multiple leaders who support the mass killings of Muslims in their own countries.

Her left-wing economic policies don't mask the fact that she's far-right socially. Which of course is exactly what you want, which is why you like her so much.
Is she though? I realize her father opposes(ed) gay marriage, but she's one of the leading voices to decriminalize weed in the House.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 01:10:06 AM »

Apparently a lot with the current Hawkish Democrats.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 01:13:33 AM »

Her left-wing economic policies don't mask the fact that she's far-right socially. Which of course is exactly what you want, which is why you like her so much.
Is she though? I realize her father opposes(ed) gay marriage, but she's one of the leading voices to decriminalize weed in the House.

She does hold a lot of left social views, but also some right-wing ones, and if she was governing in a country with a Hindu majority, she'd veer sharply to the right.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 01:20:38 AM »

As someone who has been a Sanders fan for a long time, these are my two reasons for disliking Gabbard.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 01:22:10 AM »

She does hold a lot of left social views, but also some right-wing ones, and if she was governing in a country with a Hindu majority, she'd veer sharply to the right.
It's amazing how all the so-called "Progressives" here, are using her Hindu religion to malign her. The truth is that their scared that if Americans hear her Non-Interventionist Foriegn policy, they'll realize it makes much more sense then the Warmongering policy's the Military-Industrial complex has forced down our nations throat (at the cost of thousands of lives and Trillons of dollars) since the end of World War 2.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 01:25:46 AM »

It's amazing how all the so-called "Progressives" here, are using her Hindu religion to malign her.

This is as ridiculous as Republicans who say opposing Christian fundamentalists is the same as opposing Christianity.

Ro's a Hindu, and I like him. I wish he was my Rep.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 01:46:57 AM »

I don't disagree with you on the first bit, but I'd rather have someone who would arm as close to no one as possible (which is what Sanders/Gillibrand/Warren would be more likely to do than Gabbard).

As for the Hindu nationalist thing, https://qz.com/628124/tulsi-gabbard-the-first-hindu-in-the-us-congress-on-modi-hinduism-and-linking-islam-to-terror/ makes me think it's not exactly a nothingberger.

Warren is definitely more hawkish. She voted for the $80 billion military increase. Gabbard voted against that.

Modi does suck, but no one cared when Obama met him again 2 months ago in Delhi.
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2018, 02:00:50 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2018, 02:03:24 AM by King Lear »

If Sanders runs in 2020, he should definitely chose Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate. That ticket would have a high chance at beating Trump (especially compared to the rest of what Democrats have to offer), you'd have a Progressive elder statesman with a massive energized support base on the top of the ticket, and a young, attractive, female, congresswoman with military experience on the bottom. Compare this to a Senile, Racist, Billionaire, Incumbent President and a creepy, Bible-thumping, Incumbent Vice President and theirs no comparison. Theirs still a high-chance Trump could pull it off again, but this ticket would definitely be his worst nightmare, especially compared to anything involving Gillibrand, Harris, Booker, and sadly Warren.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 02:16:32 AM »

Gabbard isn't a dove.
Bill Kristol and the Weekly Standard have praised her for her hawkish stance against Iran.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 02:43:42 AM »

Gabbard isn't a dove.
Bill Kristol and the Weekly Standard have praised her for her hawkish stance against Iran.

How dare she oppose the Senate Democratic leader's position on that, right?

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies