Which Democrat do you want to have replacing Nancy Pelosi as House Minority Ldr?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:53:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which Democrat do you want to have replacing Nancy Pelosi as House Minority Ldr?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which Democrat do you want to have replacing Nancy Pelosi as House Minority Ldr?  (Read 1997 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2005, 09:56:48 AM »

Most of the forum Democrats here do not approve of the job that Nancy Pelosi is doing as head of the House Democratic Caucus, so whom do you want to have take her place?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 10:07:48 AM »

I like Hoyer, but he's a little too moderate for the post.  You need someone who will stand up and fight (ie Delay, w/o the scandals).  Someone with solid Democratic credentials, yet respected by people on both sides of the isle.  To be honest, Im not sure who that is
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 10:17:28 AM »

I'd like Pelosi to stay right where she is...Tongue

Actually, though, thinking longer term, it would be better for the country to have a Democratic party not run by the loony left.  But the loony left seems to have a veto over who leads the party, so it's a serious problem.  It seems that it will take a terrible electoral defeat to dislodge the loony left from power, but I don't really see that coming, given the weaknesses of the GOP.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »

An old fashioned political bruiser from the South or the Rustbelt would be ideal.
Something *very* important to remember is that the coalition of voters who vote Democratic in House elections is quite different to the coalition of voters that has voted Democratic in the past two presidential elections. Which is yet another reason why Pelosi was a dire choice.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 11:18:42 AM »

Tim Ryan… hell he won’t get another shot at the senate for a while, but then again he’s one been in office five minutes and is probably too moderate for the Party in the House.

What you need is someone who’s capable of being combative without seeming abrasive and able to be partisan without seeming like a hack or an extremist but still recognisable member of the human race… and less importantly someone from an important region such as the South or Midwest, no someone from the most liberal enclave of the most liberal city in American where the vast majority of the population have little more than distain for the so called “fly over country”.     
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 11:35:59 AM »

I like Pelosi and don't want her replaced.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 11:47:56 AM »

Harold Ford Jr.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 12:08:44 PM »

He's still hoping to soon be in the Senate, I hope he wins, but i doubt it at the moment Sad

Though he's actively campaigning in a way the other candidates are not, and it suggests that we'd be wrong to write off this race completely… he has his work cut out for him, but it’ll be interesting and he seems determined to be the first to define himself before either his uncle or the GOP do.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 03:09:47 PM »

I agree that Hoyer is probably too moderate.  I think Sheila Jackson Lee (TX) would be a good choice.  (Even though I just nominated her for the Speaker of the House)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 05:18:07 PM »

Someone more left.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2005, 05:20:20 PM »

Tim Ryan or that preacher from South (or North, I don't know which one) Carolina.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 07:43:06 PM »

I agree that Hoyer is probably too moderate.  I think Sheila Jackson Lee (TX) would be a good choice.  (Even though I just nominated her for the Speaker of the House)

Dude, Sheila Jackson Lee is a nutcase and a nitwit.  She has made some outlandish comments that would bring huge embarrassment to the party.  I can't remember exactly what they were, but as I recall, they were pretty bad.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 11:04:23 PM »

Sheila Jackson Lee Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 01:00:46 AM »

Considering my many firsthand experiences with good ol' Sheila, Sheila Jackson Lee would be exactly like Pelosi, except African-American and more annoying (which is hard to do).
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 01:25:49 AM »

Ditto
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 01:59:01 PM »

Someone, who's a pragmatist (i.e. not blinded by ideological folly), who can engage their brains, articulate ideas and who doesn't suffer fools. The GOP and its excesses have been getting away with too much for far too long

Establishing what kind of the leader the Democrats in the House need  is the easy part, the difficulty is determining who

Dave
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies